Vic Toews funny posting

http://victoews.com/news_det.asp?ID=2086

Can you imagine this guy right now as public safety over the longgun stuff....

The line I think is funny is ...

Conservatives and law-abiding Canadians

It is funny how he opts to make that divide.

It's making the distinction between a party member and the public at large, not between those who do and do not abide by the law.

Our Government has repeatedly attempted to do the right thing, and repeal this wasteful registry. We want to focus important crime-fighting resources on real criminals - not farmers and hunters.

As I recall, the registry was brought about in the wake of, and to prevent people like, Marc Lepine, from going postal. How or why this registry will achieve this has never been obvious to me. That's why I favour real gun control i.e. requiring that guns be stored in registered armouries and checked in/out as required for hunting or going to a target range (presumably most ranges would be the same registered armouries the guns are stored at). As for farmers, special permits should be the norm.

As for crime-fighting...I'd focus on the wasteful policies that are creating so many criminals in the first place.

Then I'd ask why our government sells drugs that cause people to become criminals by damaging their brains before they're even born.

Vic Toews is a funny guy, but not in a ha ha sort of way.

As I recall, the registry was brought about in the wake of, and to prevent people like, Marc Lepine, from going postal. How or why this registry will achieve this has never been obvious to me. That's why I favour real gun control i.e. requiring that guns be stored in registered armouries and checked in/out as required for hunting or going to a target range (presumably most ranges would be the same registered armouries the guns are stored at). As for farmers, special permits should be the norm.

As for crime-fighting...I'd focus on the wasteful policies that are creating so many criminals in the first place.

Then I'd ask why our government sells drugs that cause people to become criminals by damaging their brains before they're even born.

Vic Toews is a funny guy, but not in a ha ha sort of way.

Gun control is BS. The gun registry is just a pre-confiscation measure. Allan Rock said when the Liberals came up with it , that he believed that only the police and military should have guns. The government should always be in fear of an armed uprising if they infringe on our freedom too much. The registry should fall.

Vic Toews is still a goof.

The registry should fall.

The reality is that the registry has failed.

Not because of politics or cops or robbers.

It has failed because a lot of normally law abiding citizens have taken the conscious and ongoing choice of simply ignoring the law and have not registered their guns. I know at least two situations where one person has a FAC and buys ammo for everybody- one group has about 30 people with maybe 200 weapons. They are all hunters.

The cops know it is useless too, checking the registry just tells them that at some point somebody who might or might not have once lived in a house may or may not have guns on the premises. That info is worse than useless if the check comes back 'no guns'.

You have a second rate elite running the nation - guys who are not from the original established families - but are second generation lawyers decended from rum runners..they sit in dark offices and have the silly jews do their dirty work..and when all turns to shit they point at the henchmen...we havee a problem in Canada - our original aristocracy (best to rule) - have been displaced by old bastards who are wanna be aristocrats..who are not the best to rule - but they control the courts and law enforcement - and most of the banks...not knocking the jews..they are a weak and feeble lot...to bad more people do not realise that clever crimminals run the show.... I remember my persuit of the jews during a long litigation - They wanted to settle - their nasty anglo masters would not let them..the whole thing stinks - as does are cheese ball government that is full of ambtitious idiots who will do anything and say anything for wealth and fame...I have no confidence in any of them!

You have a second rate elite running the nation - guys who are not from the original established families - but are second generation lawyers decended from rum runners..they sit in dark offices and have the silly jews do their dirty work..and when all turns to shit they point at the henchmen...we havee a problem in Canada - our original aristocracy (best to rule) - have been displaced by old bastards who are wanna be aristocrats..who are not the best to rule - but they control the courts and law enforcement - and most of the banks...not knocking the jews..they are a weak and feeble lot...to bad more people do not realise that clever crimminals run the show.... I remember my persuit of the jews during a long litigation - They wanted to settle - their nasty anglo masters would not let them..the whole thing stinks - as does are cheese ball government that is full of ambtitious idiots who will do anything and say anything for wealth and fame...I have no confidence in any of them!

Your rock just called and said it wants you to crawl back underneath it.

Gun control is BS. The gun registry is just a pre-confiscation measure. Allan Rock said when the Liberals came up with it , that he believed that only the police and military should have guns. The government should always be in fear of an armed uprising if they infringe on our freedom too much. The registry should fall.

Vic Toews is still a goof.

Don't worry I've seen the light on gun control and when you put it that way I'm all for having a gun to protect myself from governments run by goofs like Toews.

Arming chickens to protect themselves from the foxes makes the most sense.