Gun Control

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cus you're a simpleton I will spell it out....

"I'm not in favor of making firearms more easily accessible or obtainable. Just to let law abiding citizens the choice to carry a weapon for personal protection if they so desire

Cant be more accessible than on ones hip. Which by the way will not be here in your lifetime .

Its english, I know sorry.

Given the context I used the phrase it's easy to see the way I meant it. Now you're just playing games. You know what I mean Guyser, give it up please. And if you didn't before you surely do by now. Sad.

Guest TrueMetis

When Arizona made it legal to conceal/carry personal crime plummeted. Coincidence? I think not. Thugs will think twice about mugging, robbing, raping someone if they know everyone could be carrying a firearm.

Arizona isn't the only state to see a drop in crime rate, and just because it works in the US doesn't mean it will work here.

Arizona isn't the only state to see a drop in crime rate, and just because it works in the US doesn't mean it will work here.

Arizona is not the only state with concealed carry.

You think Canadians are more dangerous?

Costs aside, the big argument from those who favour the registry is that it helps prevent crime, but so far I have not seen any evidence presented to that, has anyone hear seen evidence or proof that the registry will, or has prevented a crime ?

Actually I believe the contrary to be true... I think there are a lot more hand guns in the hands of criminally minded people than before the long gun registry came into being... Simple logic really, what's easier to smuggle in or illegally obtain, an illegal handgun or an illegal long gun? Too bad really, Canada had very strict, but logical and good gun regulations in place prior to the stupid long gun registration which does nothing to prevent illegal guns in the hands of criminals and burdens honest long gun owners with a load of BS regulation and expense for no good purpose... ps - I live and have lived in Winnipeg most of my life and there's way, way, way more shootings, almost all with hand guns or modified long guns, both illegal prior to the LG registry anyway, now than there ever was prior to the long gun registry...

Hello Mr. Government, are you listening?

• 2 weeks later...

I live and have lived in Winnipeg most of my life and there's way, way, way more shootings, almost all with hand guns or modified long guns, both illegal prior to the LG registry anyway, now than there ever was prior to the long gun registry...

Indeed. Even before the 1934 handgun registry it was illegal for someone with criminal record to posses a firearm. Apparently the law is the last thing criminals worry about. They only worry about being shot by member of another street gang. Or home owner during robery.

Hello Mr. Government, are you listening?

First thing that goes out the window is the failed long gun registry when CPC get majority. For now amnesty will do. Instead repeat offender will spend considerably longer time in jail, or for life.

Personal Privacy

Mozilla Leads the Way on Do Not Track

Earlier today, Mozilla announced plans to incorporate

a Do Not Track feature into their next browser

release, Firefox 4.1. Google also announced a new

privacy extension today, but we believe that Mozilla

is now taking a clear lead and building a practical

way forward for people who want privacy when they

browse the web.

Why We Need Do Not Track

Privacy advocates have been calling attention to

issues of pervasive online tracking for some time.

Often intertwined with the issue of behavioral

targeting, online tracking refers to the difficult-toelude

mechanisms by which most or all of our reading

and other activities on the Web are recorded by

third parties, without our knowledge or permission.

The technical details of online tracking are multifarious.

They include traditional HTTP cookies

as well as flash cookies and many other kinds of

supercookies, web bugs, JavaScript trackers, HTTP

Referrers, and fingerprinting.

And new ways to

track browsers will continue to be invented. Even

consumers who take steps to delete their cookies

or use private browsing mode remain unable to

prevent third parties from observing their clickstreams.

Currently, a subset of advertisers offer a mechanism

for opting out of behavioral advertising

through the Network Advertising Initiative — a

project that has been widely criticized for failing

to provide consumers with meaningful control.

The NAI opt-out suffers from several problems: the

biggest is that there is no consistency on what “opt

out” means. Some tracking companies recognize

that an “opt out” should be an opt out from being

tracked, others insist on interpreting the opt out as

being an opt out for receiving targeted advertising.

In other words, the NAI allows its members to to

tell people that they’ve opted out, when in fact their

web browsing is still being observed and recorded

indefinitely.

Read the rest of Rainey Reitman’s article on the

Electronic Frontier Foundation’s website.

Newfoundland farmer named Angus had a car accident with an Eversweet Company truck.

In court, the Eversweet Company's hot-shot solicitor was questioning Angus.

'Didn't you say to the RCMP at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine?' asked the solicitor.

Angus responded: 'Well, I'll tell you what happened. I had just loaded my favourite cow, Bessie, into the... '

'I didn't ask for any details', the solicitor interrupted. 'Just answer the question. Did you not say, at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine!'?'

Angus said, 'Well, I had just got Bessie into the trailer and I was driving down the road.... '

The solicitor interrupted again and said, 'Your Honour, I am trying to establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this man told the police on the scene that he was fine. Now several weeks after the accident, he is trying to sue my client. I believe he is a fraud. Please tell him to simply answer the question. '

By this time, the Judge was fairly interested in Angus' answer and said to the solicitor: 'I'd like to hear what he has to say about his favourite cow, Bessie'.

Angus thanked the Judge and proceeded. 'Well as I was saying, I had just loaded Bessie, my favourite cow, into the trailer and was driving her down the road when this huge Eversweet truck and trailer came through a stop sign and hit my trailer right in the side. I was thrown into one ditch and Bessie was thrown into the other.

I was hurt, very bad like, and didn't want to move.

However, I could hear old Bessie moaning and groaning.

I knew she was in terrible pain just by her groans. Shortly after the accident, a policeman on a motorbike turned up. He could hear Bessie moaning and groaning so he went over to her. After he looked at her, and saw her condition, he took out his gun and shot her between the eyes.

Then the policeman came across the road, gun still in hand, looked at me, and said, 'How are you feeling?'

'Now what the fuck would you say?'

Perhaps but it's t he only proof we have to work with. It might be worth a shot. We don't have anything to lose, the bad guys already have guns and are killing innocent people so that cannot get any worse.

The Jane Creba shooting may have unfolded very differently if her parents or family friends had handguns on them. It would even the odds a little bit I would think.

Perhaps but it's t he only proof we have to work with. It might be worth a shot. We don't have anything to lose, the bad guys already have guns and are killing innocent people so that cannot get any worse.

The Jane Creba shooting may have unfolded very differently if her parents or family friends had handguns on them. It would even the odds a little bit I would think.

Of course it would have made a difference...

Potentially even more innocent people might have died from stray bulletts...

Of course it would have made a difference...

Potentially even more innocent people might have died from stray bulletts...

Naaa, no way, don't you know that in the U.S. of A everybody is a crack pot-er-shot and nobody ever gets "accidentally" shot... Don't you watch television? ;)

Naaa, no way, don't you know that in the U.S. of A everybody is a crack pot-er-shot and nobody ever gets "accidentally" shot... Don't you watch television? ;)

Oh yeah!!

Silly me...

The NRA is right...Guns don't kill people...People kill people...

Smith and Wesson thank you for your support....

Oh yeah!!

Silly me...

The NRA is right...Guns don't kill people...People kill people...

Smith and Wesson thank you for your support....

:D

I see you're "old school", nowadays it's "Mr. Glock" except for the oldest standard of them all Mr. A. K. Fortyseven...

Or perhaps Jane Creba would still be dead plus a half dozen,or so, other innocents???

Well not everyone is of the opinion that we should be victims at the mercy of street thugs.

If the bad guys have guns we should be allowed to defend ourselves likewise.

I guess some people believe that only the bad guys and police officers can use guns properly.

Edited by Mr.Canada

Well not everyone is of the opinion that we should be victims at the mercy of street thugs.

If the bad guys have guns why shouldn't the people they're looking to victimize be allowed to defend themselves likewise?

Your thought is that only the bad guys and police officers can use guns properly? Is that your position?

My position is that those,and only those,who have been properly trained in the use of guns should be allowed to carry them.I'm simply not as paranoid as you,and I don't think using the feeble excuse of arming the entire "law abiding" populous to protect themselves from the "Bad Guys" is a valid one.

It's simply fear dressed up as responsibility and false bravado

Perhaps a better use of those funds used to certify people who have no business owning a gun could be better spent in border control in keeping those firearms out of this country entirely???

My position is that those,and only those,who have been properly trained in the use of guns should be allowed to carry them.

Glad you agree with the National Firearms Association. Just like driver's classes licences. All should have the same qualification, depending on class of firearm used. Cops, civilians, military, guards....

I'm simply not as paranoid as you,and I don't think using the feeble excuse of arming the entire "law abiding" populous to protect themselves from the "Bad Guys" is a valid one.

Do you have any bears in your yard?

It's simply fear dressed up as responsibility and false bravado

Yes, what are the liberals afraid of?

Perhaps a better use of those funds used to certify people who have no business owning a gun

Indians?

http://www.karenselick.com/CL9501.html

"About 36 percent of all homicides in Canada involve guns. By coincidence, about 34 percent of all homicides in Canada involve family members. One might conclude that families are just slightly less dangerous than guns..... "

• 2 weeks later...

Making two shots sound like one.

http://www.vincelewis.net/fastdraw.html

And fast draw world champion Nicole Franks from Langley, British Columbia, Canada.

She has 35 World Records. She set 21 World Records at the age of 14. In 2006 she set another 13 World Records. Her fastest World Record is also the fastest traditional record ever shot by a woman at 0.263 of a second !

http://www.nicolefranks.com/videos/

I'm all for "Gun Control"...

I'm totally against the "Long Gun Registry"...

What was the point again? And so what?

"The only way to reach your long-range goals is through achieving your short-range objectives."

- unknown