Time to ressurect the provincial NDP in Quebec?

I don't know if I'm the only Quebecer depressed over the state of politics in the province... The Liberals are proven to be corrupt over and over again. The PQ seems barely cleaner, and behind the scenes there are obvious hard core nationalists who obsess over the next referendum, over petty symbolism, are more concerned about proving the evils of confederation than governing effectively.

I advance that there is a vacuum right now for a provincial NDP to make a comeback, provided it has a realistic platform people can rally around;

- A federalist and green platform based around the ideals of social democracy

- Recognition of the role of the goverment in promoting and supporting the french language

- Work to replace restrictions on english school attendance. By increasing the quality and standards of french thought in english schools, we could achieve the same goals while maintaining everyone's constitutional rights

- Work to replace sign laws by positive promotion of french.

What about a real party to replace the ADQ?

The ADQ is a right wing party, and both the Liberals and PQ could be qualified as left of center. It is mildly popular since there is no other right-leaning option, however the right wing base in Quebec is nowhere near big enough to bring a government to power.

I don't know if I'm the only Quebecer depressed over the state of politics in the province... The Liberals are proven to be corrupt over and over again. The PQ seems barely cleaner, and behind the scenes there are obvious hard core nationalists who obsess over the next referendum, over petty symbolism, are more concerned about proving the evils of confederation than governing effectively.

I advance that there is a vacuum right now for a provincial NDP to make a comeback, provided it has a realistic platform people can rally around;

- A federalist and green platform based around the ideals of social democracy

- Recognition of the role of the goverment in promoting and supporting the french language

- Work to replace restrictions on english school attendance. By increasing the quality and standards of french thought in english schools, we could achieve the same goals while maintaining everyone's constitutional rights

- Work to replace sign laws by positive promotion of french.

It is a big country exercise your rights.

BTW all parties have the tendancy toward corruption when they manage things that is why partisan party politics fails.

But hell that is the way it works in Canada. People get into power, take your money, spend it on stuff they want, and bow out of office to be replaced by the next set of tom and jerries.

It is a big country exercise your rights.

BTW all parties have the tendancy toward corruption when they manage things that is why partisan party politics fails.

But hell that is the way it works in Canada. People get into power, take your money, spend it on stuff they want, and bow out of office to be replaced by the next set of tom and jerries.

If you want a real alternative join the Social Party. A non partisan party about giving the people their rights, reducing government corruption and waste, and removal of taxation.

http://www.williamashley.info/SOCIAL/SP/SP.htm

contact me for more info.

Yes, and so my point is that there are already enough left wing choices in Quebec.

Not mainstream, federalist ones. For a large number of people the PQ is not an option. For a lot of young people like me (Francophones), who aren't exactly patriotic Canadians, but also bear no grudge against Canada or the english language. The PQ is still full of the old guard, people like Parizeau and Marois, who dwell on divisive politics and have an obvious priority in advancing Quebec's independance. It may not be on the front page of their platform, but certainly is the driving force for a lot of their backbenchers.

I have no energy to waste fighting their old battles when there is so much that needs to be done to fund our retiring parents, to improve our economy ect

Edited by Guy M

Those are called Libertarians and they are crazy.

Just read through the party description. Crazy, probably: there aren't enough details given on the website on real policies to tell if they are truly crazy or not. Though of course based on William Ashley's posts on this forum I'd say the level of craziness is probably quite high. Libertarian, definitely not.

Just read through the party description. Crazy, probably: there aren't enough details given on the website on real policies to tell if they are truly crazy or not. Though of course based on William Ashley's posts on this forum I'd say the level of craziness is probably quite high. Libertarian, definitely not.

Theres only two ways someone can support ending taxation.

1. Theyre a libertarian

2. They dont understand what ending taxation means.

Theres only two ways someone can support ending taxation.

1. Theyre a libertarian

2. They dont understand what ending taxation means.

Saudi Arabia is a tax-free society, though it gets its income from the sale of crown resources, mainly if not exclusively gas.

I'm not advocating an end to taxation here, and do see problems with relying exclusively on the sale of resources as the sole source of government income, but just to point out that it is possible, albeit likely not desirable seeing that this would likely lead to a mentality of drill bay drill all across Canada.