Homophobic Africans

Now we all know that its fine and dandy for the media to demonize (even to sue and imprison) people who are perceived as "homophobes" (I.e. anyone who has any criticism of homosexuals and their lifestyles), but what happens when Homophobic countries (where we get the bulk of our immigrants) criticize homosexuality?

Anybody from the homosexual rights activists side (yes all you pro gay marriage advocates) has anything to say about this?

people have been sued and imprisoned for suspected "homophobia"... not necessarily from the media of course...

Not necessarily? So you still stand by your claim that the media imprison people?

Now we all know that its fine and dandy for the media to demonize (even to sue and imprison) people who are perceived as "homophobes" (I.e. anyone who has any criticism of homosexuals and their lifestyles), but what happens when Homophobic countries (where we get the bulk of our immigrants) criticize homosexuality?

The number of permanent residents from Uganda (the activists in this video) Canada took in in 2008 totaled 221. So i don't think you have to worry about this particular activist gathering too much, whom i'm sure represent everyone in their country :rolleyes: .

The top 5 sources of permanent residents Canada takes in come from China, India, Philippines, USA, and the U.K., in that order. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/research-stats/facts2008.pdf I have some best friends who are 2nd-generation Chinese and Filipino, as well as Jamaican and Vietnamese. They don't seem homophobic to me (well, no more than your typical sexually self-conscious male), nor do their siblings. I know a few of their 1st-generation parents quite well too and they are some of the nicest people i've ever met and i would be very surprised if they were extreme homophobes or more homophobic than your average white Canadian.

BTW have yourself a found a good therapist yet?

Edited by Moonlight Graham

The number of permanent residents from Uganda (the activists in this video) Canada took in in 2008 totaled 221. So i don't think you have to worry about this particular activist gathering too much, whom i'm sure represent everyone in their country :rolleyes: .

The top 5 sources of permanent residents Canada takes in come from China, India, Philippines, USA, and the U.K., in that order. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/research-stats/facts2008.pdf I have some best friends who are 2nd-generation Chinese and Filipino, as well as Jamaican and Vietnamese. They don't seem homophobic to me (well, no more than your typical sexually self-conscious male), nor do their siblings. I know a few of their 1st-generation parents quite well too and they are some of the nicest people i've ever met and i would be very surprised if they were extreme homophobes or more homophobic than your average white Canadian.

BTW have yourself a found a good therapist yet?

yes fair anough, the majority of immigrants are not black, nor are they necessarily africans... grant you that.

but I'd still like to see what gay activists have to say about the general homophobia that permeates life in sub saharan africa,

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2010/01/12/rw-johnson-the-battle-over-homophobia-in-africa.aspx

that sentence needed fixing...

what prompted you to presume that I meant that the MEDIA went around arresting people like deputised policemen?

Becasue lying and falsehood are your brothers in arms

Those that have fallen into homosexuality by nature or by perversion should contain themselves - These black men in Africa should stop lurking about and sucking the penis of the next lurking African - then they would not be persecuted - some things are totally private - If you like dick that is your problem - keep it to yourself in a place where it is not excepted..problem solved.

Just can't wait to be called phobic...and be reprimanded for using slag - words like cock...these gay topic always become hot button issues. It adds a type of tabloid feel to the forms - kind of like gossip. Everybody wants to know everybody's business. These topics are always very vicarious in nature..personally - to much time is given to such topics.. who gives a damn. If certain behaviors are frowned upon or can bring down hate and violence on some - then these behaviors should remain private or be refrained from - IF you are in a social environ that dictates you get wacked on the head with a rock if you suck cock - then don't suck cock or keep it private - sexual behaviors should be private - hetro or homo... BY THE WAY - THERE IS AN OIL SPILL THAT MAY ALTER OUR WAY OF LIFE FOR THE WORSE - THERE IS A SUMMIT TAKING PLACE IN TORONTO THAT MAY ALTER OUR LIVES FOR THE WORSE - BUT HOPEFULLY FOR THE BETTER - I DON'T WANT TO HEAR WHO IS FUCKING WHO OR WHAT..THIS IS NOT IMPORTANT.

yes fair anough, the majority of immigrants are not black, nor are they necessarily africans... grant you that.

but I'd still like to see what gay activists have to say about the general homophobia that permeates life in sub saharan africa,

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2010/01/12/rw-johnson-the-battle-over-homophobia-in-africa.aspx

If you're actually curious, and not just trying to encode assholery into the pretence of an honest question....you might do some research on the gay activist movement in African countries.

Those that have fallen into homosexuality by nature or by perversion should contain themselves - These black men in Africa should stop lurking about and sucking the penis of the next lurking African - then they would not be persecuted - some things are totally private - If you like dick that is your problem - keep it to yourself in a place where it is not excepted..problem solved.

That ain't too friendly, Oleg.

That ain't too friendly, Oleg.

It's early morning - and I need a second cup of coffee..I will be friendly later - I know - but first you have to start with the worst case scenario then work your way up to a civil solution - give me a few hours and I will be with you protecting and defending the weak.

It's early morning - and I need a second cup of coffee..I will be friendly later - I know - but first you have to start with the worst case scenario then work your way up to a civil solution - give me a few hours and I will be with you protecting and defending the weak.

Alright then...that's the weird and poetic Oleg we have come to know.

Alright then...that's the weird and poetic Oleg we have come to know.

It must be my ancient Ukrainian blood - the Scythian in me-- I come out running on horse back hacking with my sword- and ask questions later. In order to be a peace maker you must be capable of waging war with great artistry..nothing sadder than a peace maker that is incapable of protecting themselves or others- I think that is called ineption.

It must be my ancient Ukrainian blood - the Scythian in me-- I come out running on horse back hacking with my sword- and ask questions later. In order to be a peace maker you must be capable of waging war with great artistry..nothing sadder than a peace maker that is incapable of protecting themselves or others- I think that is called ineption.

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."

Mahatma Gandhi

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."

Mahatma Gandhi

We have a system that attempts to remove our instincts for survival. If you so much as raise your voice in protest or righteous indignation - they will capture you like an animal and you will find yourself taking the classic anger management course.

We are being conditioned to be submissive even to evil. The term anger comes from the old norse - to strangle - It does not mean to go around strangling people but to thwart someone stangling you.

We have a system that attempts to remove our instincts for survival. If you so much as raise your voice in protest or righteous indignation - they will capture you like an animal and you will find yourself taking the classic anger management course.

We are being conditioned to be submissive even to evil. The term anger comes from the old norse - to strangle - It does not mean to go around strangling people but to thwart someone stangling you.

That's interesting. I thought it meant 'to feel strangled'

Anger - Online Etymology Dictionary

Brown homophobes who tried to bring hate speech to Canada were not welcomed.

I think what the OP is trying to get at is much the same as the strange conflict between Lefties who deplore sexism yet seem oddly reluctant to criticize the extreme misogyny of the Muslim world. Actually, didn't he start that topic too? B)

We bring in an awful lot of immigrants every year from cultures which are extremely anti-gay - i.e. about 40,000-50,000 Muslims each year, yet the Lefties who call people names for any hesitancy to embrace gay marriage are quite delighted at all the new "colourful" newcomers.

I think what the OP is trying to get at is much the same as the strange conflict between Lefties who deplore sexism yet seem oddly reluctant to criticize the extreme misogyny of the Muslim world. Actually, didn't he start that topic too? B)

I know exactly what he was getting at, and I don't actually disagree. But when I heard this talk about homophobic black people, the first thing I thought of was the controversy around "kill-fags"-themed reggae music, and the fact is: at least some Canadians were willing to stand up against that bigotry regardless of it coming from brown-people.

We bring in an awful lot of immigrants every year from cultures which are extremely anti-gay - i.e. about 40,000-50,000 Muslims each year, yet the Lefties who call people names for any hesitancy to embrace gay marriage are quite delighted at all the new "colourful" newcomers.

My personal suspicion is that the phenomenon you're referring to is not acceptance of hateful views, but rather the disbelief that it actually exists. Many on "the left" are either unaware that such views actually exist, unwilling to believe that they are widely held, or of the belief that once these brown bigots are transplanted to Canada their hearts will open like the flowers of the Jojopo tree to the warm sunny rays of liberal thought and that their intolerance will be purged from them, and that these former brown bigots will become their natural allies, united with the gays and the poor and the rest of the downtrodden by the the shared experience of persecution at the hands of RichStraightWhiteMen.

-k