Conspiracy Theory

Thhhis is the Holland case I refered to...

http://www.khodorkovskycenter.com/previous-trials-proceedings/other-trials-proceedings

The legal systems of a number of countries, including Cyprus, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, have found the cases brought by the Russian government under the international conventions for legal assistance in criminal matters against Khodorkovsky, Lebedev and others to be politically motivated and fundamentally flawed. These countries have refused to assist Russian authorities in requests relating to Khodorkovsky, his associates and related companies, extradition requests, or the validity of related legal cases in Russia.
The Dutch courts must now decide whether they would grant leave to enforce the arbitral awards in The Netherlands in spite of the rulings of the Russian courts. Dutch courts are not obligated to recognize Russian judgments that are contrary to Dutch public policy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_surrounding_Royal_Dutch_Shell

There have been concerns about Royal Dutch Shell because of environmental and health and safety ssues and in respect of its businesses practices and priorities.
Shell OAPs are latest victims of disgraced billionaire Madoff".

This is just informative...on the way to global reform. The casualty list is huge.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Should+you+list+on+a+foreign+exchange%3F-a012087982

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent find. I only read a couple of paragraphs so far but I liked what I read.

That all sounds like a conspiracy to me, people manipulating the world for their own gain. As for the Queen, monarchies have always been about the consolidation of power, this hasn't ended, forces are still working to consolidate power. Many of us are just naive and have the mentality, that can't happen to me... It is happening right in front of our eyes.

It is interesting. I honestly think you are watching the beginning of the dismantling for this antiquated system. It is not a conspiracy, but it is also not a easy picture to see in its entirety.

For instance, in the Sarbanes-Oxely Act of 2002 it requires foreign companies operating on US soil to file forms regarding pay/price structures but only if it is also required on home turf and these filings are done under cover. Also, at the Sec discretion, any foreign company can be exempted from litigation on US soil for any kind of indiscretion.

Now, as per the other post you can tell this situation is changing. It has taken literally hundreds of court cases to come to international agreements, and they are far from finished. All the different types of fraud haven't even been exposed yet.

This type of global cohesion I can tolerate. Mind you, if I had my way international trade and Wall Street would be dressed totally differently. Oh well, when in Rome eh....

It is not a conspiracy, but it is also not a easy picture to see in its entirety.

I think George Carlin said it well, "You don't need a formal conspiracy when interests converge. The owners of this country went to the same universities and fraternities, there on the same boards of directors, they belong to the same country clubs, they have like interests, they don't need to call a meeting because they know what is good for them...and they are getting it".

Stabilization of the world economy will bring about the fall. Will it stabilize? The CBO estimates unfunded liabilities of the US between 150 and 200 trillion.

The USA is going to collapse one way or another. Either they will admit they are broke and declare bankruptcy or they will continue to bail-out companies and stimulate the economy. I think they will continue to stimulate, this will only push them farther into debt, inflating their currency more which will only make the problem worse.

The only person I know who was warning the people of this for years is Ron Paul. The tea party movement started during his campaign for president.

The USA is going to collapse one way or another. Either they will admit they are broke and declare bankruptcy or they will continue to bail-out companies and stimulate the economy.

Isn't that highly unlikely the U.S. would go bankrupt? I'm no economics expert but even i can figure that out.

If they threatened to default on all their loans, countries (most notably China or course) would go ape-crazy and do everything they could to prevent this because of the insane amount of money they'd lose that would never be payed back. China would restructure repayment terms for the U.S., cancel some of the debt, or even "bail out" the U.S. if they were teetering on collapse.

If the U.S. economy were seriously near collapse, virtually every country in the world would do everything it could to prevent it also because the U.S. is such a massive consumer and producer of goods & spender of $$$ that greatly benefits the economies of so many other countries. The total collapse & bankruptcy of the U.S. economy just wouldn't happen with its current place in the world.

Isn't that highly unlikely the U.S. would go bankrupt? I'm no economics expert but even i can figure that out.

The US has never defaulted on debt obligations, but it did change gold payment guarantees in 1933.

If they threatened to default on all their loans, countries (most notably China or course) would go ape-crazy and do everything they could to prevent this because of the insane amount of money they'd lose that would never be payed back. China would restructure repayment terms for the U.S., cancel some of the debt, or even "bail out" the U.S. if they were teetering on collapse.

Not really required, as the US can always "monetarize" its debt, just as it is doing now. Also, as August1991 has pointed out, the US has a very large reserve tax base from which to draw revenue, though this is difficult politically.

If the U.S. economy were seriously near collapse, virtually every country in the world would do everything it could to prevent it also because the U.S. is such a massive consumer and producer of goods & spender of $$$ that greatly benefits the economies of so many other countries. The total collapse & bankruptcy of the U.S. economy just wouldn't happen with its current place in the world.

Japan, the world's #2 or #3 economy, has far greater debt as a percentage of GDP, but most of the debt is held domestically. US debt is more evenly domestic and international, so nearly everybody sweats about the US a lot more, even though "default" is more likely and a reality in other nations, as we have seen in the past 12 years, starting with Russia in 1998.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

The US was bailed out by everyone except Russia, China and a few others. The IMF credit extension alone was massive. The US is not reneging on debt because they can't. Being the international currency that they are. With the US it is more of a credit restructuring with these foreign countries than a debt repayment or bailout of cash.

I think you are mistaking the silliness that went on with Greece, I can't remember how many years ago(late 90s-2000s), with the G7 when they decided to refuse the IMF bailout, justifiably so, and had no choice but to try and refuse to pay because they couldn't. This was part of the failed dollar refunding program that I believe was supposed to usurp the IMF. Much different situation now, they took the IMF bailout and more, they had to, their financial problems compounded as a result in part of the failed dollar refunding back then.

The IMF is a tricky bunch...the biggest problem with the IMF is that is has a clause in it's contract with countries it bails out that removes the ability to reset their own dollar in attempts to kick start their economy. Not to mention the export expectations imposed on the borrowing country, etc....

I think it is safe to say at this stage in the game that the dollar refunding attempt, an attempt to return to gold standard globally, failed in the face of the newly developed G20 and its sick partnership with the IMF.

This is exactly what you are seeing from every country that the US owes money too, except for a few as I mentioned. Britain for example has not agreed to redo credit without payment first of more than just a few trillion dollars that 'got lost' in the US over the failed refunding initiative. Britain is actually a very interesting country to me right now. It's laws of debt ownership and repayment have been under fire for awhile now due to this...a long story. I don't have the whole picture but over the last few years I have found a few newspaper articles and research papers that discuss it. Let me see what I can find for some links.

The US has never defaulted on debt obligations, but it did change gold payment guarantees in 1933.

Not really required, as the US can always "monetarize" its debt, just as it is doing now. Also, as August1991 has pointed out, the US has a very large reserve tax base from which to draw revenue, though this is difficult politically.

Japan, the world's #2 or #3 economy, has far greater debt as a percentage of GDP, but most of the debt is held domestically. US debt is more evenly domestic and international, so nearly everybody sweats about the US a lot more, even though "default" is more likely and a reality in other nations, as we have seen in the past 12 years, starting with Russia in 1998.

I think a little research will show that all (or most) of the countries that tried to renege in the not to far past were ones who where involved to some extent in the dollar refunding. In terms of referring to similarities between Greece and the US I meant more in terms of their contracts with the IMF and the coming crack down on spending and the need to secure massive room for export to cover the IMF debt requirements.

Is anyone aware of what the IMF has done to Poland? What a f*cking mess!!!!!! They are doing the same to Greece. Not to the US though, not to the same extent. The international status of their dollar has managed to cut them some slack.

I have to honestly state that because I an not interested at all in reverting back to gold standard the Tea Party movement carries little value to me beyond the amazing front they are managing to maintain in terms of fraud exposure. Right now this is their biggest ace up their sleeves. Most of the political backing disappeared with the failure of the refunding program but the civilian interest and backing continues to go strong.

Does foreign debt have to be asset backed? I remember reading through the history that at one time it was a requirement. This could have interesting implications regarding the current price of gold and the foreign debt repayments going on.

Does foreign debt have to be asset backed? I remember reading through the history that at one time it was a requirement. This could have interesting implications regarding the current price of gold and the foreign debt repayments going on.

Or is it the IMF credit that backs the foreign debt....

In 1973 Nixon closed the gold window entirely when he refused to honor Bretton-woods. Did it default on debt obligations? It did in fact "monetarize it's obligations and the world was now on an entirely fiat paper currency.

It's debt is already monetarized, has been since 1973. You must mean increase the money supply.

I think it is safe to say at this stage in the game that the dollar refunding attempt, an attempt to return to gold standard globally, failed in the face of the newly developed G20 and its sick partnership with the IMF.

An attempt to return to the gold standard globally? Never happened.

Is anyone aware of what the IMF has done to Poland? What a f*cking mess!!!!!! They are doing the same to Greece. Not to the US though, not to the same extent. The international status of their dollar has managed to cut them some slack.

What role does the World Bank play? What is it's relationship to the IMF?

The total collapse & bankruptcy of the U.S. economy just wouldn't happen with its current place in the world.

Their government is running a 1.6 trillion dollar deficit this year, up from $1.4 trillion last year. They have over 75 trillion in liabilities they will have to pay out in the future. Health care reform will only cost the government more money on top of that. They are fighting endless, growing wars which is pushing their government even deeper into debt.

Their government is spending borrowed money right now, eventually they will have to pay the bills. No bank will continuously loan a failing corporation more and more money, if they did they would risk going bankrupt too. Countries can't afford to bailout the states forever, neither can its citizens.

In 1973 Nixon closed the gold window entirely when he refused to honor Bretton-woods. Did it default on debt obligations? It did in fact "monetarize it's obligations and the world was now on an entirely fiat paper currency.

This has already been discussed, starting with West Germany's role.

It's debt is already monetarized, has been since 1973. You must mean increase the money supply.

Yep...just as I said, and it will continue.

....They are fighting endless, growing wars which is pushing their government even deeper into debt.

The US has fought many wars....that's how it became the world's lone superpower. Almost went broke fighting WW2.

Their government is spending borrowed money right now, eventually they will have to pay the bills. No bank will continuously loan a failing corporation more and more money, if they did they would risk going bankrupt too. Countries can't afford to bailout the states forever, neither can its citizens.

No, they will only have to service the debt.

An attempt to return to the gold standard globally? Never happened.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=apjqJKKQvfDc&refer=home

Nowotny said he was ``skeptical'' when asked whether the Bretton Woods System of monetary policy, set up after World War II and revised in 1971, could be revived to aid global currency stability. The U.S. meeting should aim to strengthen financial regulation, define bank capital ratios and review the role of debt-rating agencies.
Sarkozy wants the G8 to consider re-anchoring their currencies, the hallmark of the 1944 Bretton Woods agreement that also gave birth to the International Monetary Fund and World Bank.

Oh yes there was/is.... :)

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=apjqJKKQvfDc&refer=home

Nowotny said he was ``skeptical'' when asked whether the Bretton Woods System of monetary policy, set up after World War II and revised in 1971, could be revived to aid global currency stability. The U.S. meeting should aim to strengthen financial regulation, define bank capital ratios and review the role of debt-rating agencies.

Somebody asked him about it? He was skeptical.

Sarkozy wants the G8 to consider re-anchoring their currencies, the hallmark of the 1944 Bretton Woods agreement that also gave birth to the International Monetary Fund and World Bank.

Oh yes there was/is.... :)

Re-anchoring their currencies means returning to the gold standard? Even if Sarkozy thought that no one else would have considered it.

Edited by Pliny

The US has fought many wars....that's how it became the world's lone superpower. Almost went broke fighting WW2.

No, they will only have to service the debt.

The real crisis will occur when no one will buy their bonds. The situation has to start improving or at least look like it's improving. Obama only seems interested in spending.

The expiration of the Bush tax cuts might give the government more revenues but it won't help the economy any.

There is a few articles that I will post about Breton Woods 1&2 but first I want to post some about the IMF. Near as I can figure, any bail-out money that would of come from the IMF to the US would of been what is called a credit swap(later correction....swap line). Which would entail a credit extension to the IMF from the US which in turn allows the IMF to extend this credit in any currency form required to whichever country was the receiver. Right now I am looking for the stats that show the US extension last year and if lucky a paper trail as to what currency it was converted to and where it went. From what I can gather so far this practice is mostly used for transferring monies to developing nations. This is the basis for the whole program of IMF bail-outs. Did this ability get used to pay off some of the US debt....time will tell. I have collected a few articles that show countries borrowing against themselves...

Edited by Yesterday

There is a few articles that I will post about Breton Woods 1&2 but first I want to post some about the IMF. Near as I can figure, any bail-out money that would of come from the IMF to the US would of been what is called a credit swap. Which would entail a credit extension to the IMF from the US which in turn allows the IMF to extend this credit in any currency form required to whichever country was the receiver. Right now I am looking for the stats that show the US extension last year and if lucky a paper trail as to what currency it was converted to and where it went. From what I can gather so far this practice is mostly used for transferring monies to developing nations. This is the basis for the whole program of IMF bail-outs. Did this ability get used to pay off some of the US debt....time will tell. I have collected a few articles that show countries borrowing against themselves...

Waiting for the follow up on this post. You've asked some interesting question.

In the meantime here is a outline of the function of the IMF and how it compares to the World Bank.

World Bank vs IMF

Apparently the IMF acts like the world's central bank. It states that some national sovereignty has been sacrificed in it's establishment. The World Bank is sort of a development investment entity making loans to countries for development.