Winnipeg to get new football stadium for Bombers

Good news. It's very needed for other things, not just football. The field will be usable year round. There will also be upgrades to fitness facilities at the university. The facility will be used for both the Bombers and the Bisons.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/LIVE-Stadium-press-conference-89559832.html

Note: the arches may have to be removed if the costs go too high.

Edited by Smallc

Good news. It's very needed for other things, not just football. The field will be usable year round. There will also be upgrades to fitness facilities at the universities. The facility will be used for both the Bombers and the Bisons.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/LIVE-Stadium-press-conference-89559832.html

There's alot of stadiums in the CFL that are either getting upgrades or are so old that there is serous talk ofbuildig new ones.Molson Stadium in Montreal is getting a new upper deck.There's serious talk of a dome(I hope it's not a dome! :angry: ) in Regina.With the Pan Am games coming to the GTA in '15?,and Ivor Wynne being over 70 years old,plans are in the works for a new stadium for the Tiger-Cats in Hamilton...

And now this...

By the way..I hate the Bummers almost as much as I hate the Argholes....

Oskee Wee Wee

Oskee Wa Wa

Holy Mackinaw

Tigers...Eat'em Raw!!!

This is great news on a level unrelated to football even though. It means winnipeg has many great entertainment facilities, from the MTS Centre to Canwest Global Park to the soon to be upgraded Burton Cummings Theatre to this. It's good news.

Also fo note, when Phase II of the Winnipeg rapid transit system is funded and built, it will connect downtown with the new stadium.

I don't think David Asper is a credible ownership candidate anymore, so rather than a loan I think this is a gift. It will be a community-owned team for years to come.

But I suppose they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Pouring more money in the existing stadium doesn't make sense, and they couldn't exactly do nothing and close up shop on the Bombers.

It will probably be a modest grandstand, which is appropriate. I guess most people will give Sellinger props for showing leadership and just getting the deal done.

I don't think David Asper is a credible ownership candidate anymore, so rather than a loan I think this is a gift. It will be a community-owned team for years to come.

We'll see. Now that there's a closing date for the old stadium, it could be far easier to assemble tenants.

It will probably be a modest grandstand, which is appropriate. I guess most people will give Sellinger props for showing leadership and just getting the deal done.

Well, it's bigger than the current one at 33K.

Good news. It's very needed for other things, not just football. The field will be usable year round. There will also be upgrades to fitness facilities at the university. The facility will be used for both the Bombers and the Bisons.

It will be great when both Winnipeg and Regina have new all year facilities.

• 3 weeks later...

There is in fact an inflatable dome. It is of the same type (as far as I understand) used in the Winnipeg Golf Dome, a year round facility rented for Bomber practices when it's cold.

Edited by Smallc

The Bombers have replaced their coach& GM so the football should no longer be second rate and the stadium will be a huge improvement.

You're still the "Bummers"...

Please keep the boat in the end zone,okay?????

OSKEE WEE WEE..... :P:lol:

Edited by Jack Weber

The Bombers have replaced their coach& GM so the football should no longer be second rate and the stadium will be a huge improvement.

He's just refering to the fact that he thinks the NFL is better than the CFL.

Ya, well, good luck with Kevin Glenn. Have you noticed his tendency to choke yet?

Oh right, of course you have. :lol:

Who ya' got??

Steven Jyles??

Michael "I've got candy floss between my ears instead of brains" Bishop?

Buck "I get a concussion from brushing my hair" Pierce?

Paul LaPolice is your saviour?

Adarius Bowman? FredEx???

I've had alot of fun perusing the Bummer forum...I see one of the true brainiacs of that teams fandom feels that the Bummers will be battling for 1st place with Montreal!!!!This Mensa member feels that The Cats will fail miserably and will do battle with the Argonauts for last place in the East because...

1.Glenn will fail miserably(no reason was given,but I suspect it was jilted lover syndrome!)

2.Quenton Porter will fail because apparently he just sucks....Unlike the entire Bummer QB corps...

2.Adam Tafralis will suck because apparently this example of Bummer intelligence just says so.

He goes on to feel the final standings in the East will end up like:

1.Als... 14-4

2.Bummers...11-7...10-8

3.Tiger-Cats...6-12...5-13

4.Argo's...3-15

I have to ask....

Is the mosquito population out there so bad that the histines from the bites affecting your collective brains???

Just bring the boat to Bummer's Stadium,Okay??? :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Jack Weber