Conservative response to Maternal Health: Liberals are Anti-American

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Women are overwhelimingly pro-choice and traditionally vote for people who defend it. I don't know too many women who aren't in favour of this. It's a vote getter. Sorry.

You don't have to be sorry...that's OK. What many men forget is that women in general, have more common sense than men. While men are out looking for nuances that gain political advantage, woman see things more black and white......and they HATE to be patronized or taken for granted. That's why many women will see this motion for what it is - the politicization for partisan purposes of an issue that is important to many women - but has been somewhat grudgingly laid to rest in Canada. We'll have to wait and see what women think of Ignatieff's motion but I can guarantee that it's not a vote-getter. It's really a case of how big a loser it will be. Women are too smart for this kind of crap.

woman see things more black and white......and they HATE to be patronized or taken for granted.

Kind of hard not to patronize someone who sees things in black and white...I think that would be the first criteria for being simple...

You don't have to be sorry...that's OK. What many men forget is that women in general, have more common sense than men. While men are out looking for nuances that gain political advantage, woman see things more black and white......and they HATE to be patronized or taken for granted. That's why many women will see this motion for what it is - the politicization for partisan purposes of an issue that is important to many women - but has been somewhat grudgingly laid to rest in Canada. We'll have to wait and see what women think of Ignatieff's motion but I can guarantee that it's not a vote-getter. It's really a case of how big a loser it will be. Women are too smart for this kind of crap.

The Liberals didn't start this, the Conservatives did by leaving it out in the first place. In the end, as Molly has eluded to, women are going to support the party that supports them and women's rights in general. If you're still under some illusion that's the CPC, then you keep at it, slugger.

Do you think the tax payers should be forced to pay for your habits?

Nope, I can quite easily afford to pay for all my habits myself thanks. I just think they should F@ck off and not try to imprison me for them. My body my choice. Don't give me the health care bullshit either. Fat people, alcoholics and cigarette smokers all cost the health care system far more than my pot consumption does.