New Liberal and Tory TV Ads

Here go the Liberals again with the very same kind of attitude which led to Adscam in the first place.

"We're doing it for Canada"

"Only we represent the interests of Canadians"

Paul Martin is wrapping himself up in the flag just like they wrapped themselves in the flag to justify the stealing of millions (Jean Chretien said this).

I hope Canadians realize that being Canadian doesn't mean you have to be Liberal and you have to have high taxes in order to fund their pet projects.

Haven't we had enough of this kind of attitude for the last decade?

The Liberal Party of Canada does not have a monopoly on what it means to be Canadian.

But that is what they want you to think - just like Adscam.

Paul Martin is wrapping himself up in the flag just like they wrapped themselves in the flag to justify the stealing of millions (Jean Chretien said this).

Yup. And it's sickening.

I think he reminds Canadians of Jean whenever he tries to demonize somebody.

The negative ads are more 'American' than anything anybody else has done.

In fact, if we're going to start attacking people based on their 'patriotism' (another American thing to do, too), then the NDP should be the first to cast the first stone.

Paul Martin is wrapping himself up in the flag

That was exactly my opinion too.

The Liberal Party of Canada does not have a monopoly on what it means to be Canadian.

That too.

This may really blow up for the Liberals. I think they will soon have to change their strategy.

Goodale, a Saskatchewan MP and key power broker in the Martin-led government, predicted in an interview the Liberals will capture a fourth majority and said the West can't afford to keep sending Conservative and NDP MPs to Parliament to warm the opposition benches.

"We have traditionally occupied the roles of official critics in the opposition . . . but that does not have to be the only role that is aspired to by western Canadians," he told CanWest News Service.

"We can do that and we can also be major players in the government too, setting the agenda and making the decisions rather than critiquing after the fact."

The Calgary Herald

The arrogance of the Liberals makes me ill.

The Liberals are using the same tactic in Quebec. (It's an old traditional line here.)

"Do Quebecers want to be in the government — or do they want to be eternally in the opposition?" Lapierre asks. "That's the choice. The Liberals will be the government, and if people want Quebec's values to be reflected, they should send a strong team to Ottawa. My position is that the Bloc has weakened Quebec."

Toronto Star on Lapierre

Aside from its supreme arrogance given the past few months, the logic of this argument falls apart as soon as it becomes apparent the Liberals may not form a government. Then there's a tipping point.

The big disconnect right now in Canada is that a majority of Canadians think the Liberals are corrupt but a majority also thinks they'll win.