Dick Cheney Should Shut Up!

Dick loves a good fight. He really likes the idea of being at war. If you have sat and wasted your life in some stuffy office and wasted your life long breath at board meetings and not felt the same glory that your father or grandfather felt being a real man and being on a battle field, I guess you have this uncontrolable urge to be a somebody...so you insist on being a combatant of some sort from the comfort of an over stuffed leather chair.

For some bossy old bugger that is held together by chemicals and a pace maker Richard Cheney sure likes to toss what is left of his weight around. He likes to jump out of his bunker on occassion and brow beat Obama...Yes we all realize like all VPs corporate and governmental that they are the real president and that people like Bush are just like people like Obama..and are simply front men...Cheney is no longer president and he is embarrassing the corporate American Mafia by sounding off a bit to much. He should shut up before he damages the system further.

Cheney always had one problem. It was the inability to control his temper and being prone to fly in to a rage..well hidden rage but rage none the less - Cheney wants to go down in flames and take America with him. To bad he was not a religious man...at least he might consider the wefare of future generations. Apparently he does not. That way of thinking is what brought America to this great place of darkness and total shame...Dick if you are listening -be quiet and let Obama have a go at it...support your President - and remember your tenure is over...either help of shut the f*** up!

Dick if you are listening -be quiet and let Obama have a go at it

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Dick Cheney is entitled to the same freedom of speech guaranteed to all Americans.

...support your President - and remember your tenure is over...

Should he blindly support his President?

either help of shut the f*** up!

Some would say that criticizing bad policy is helping. And whatever happened to the left's cherished insistence that dissent is as patriotic as one can be? My how times have changed. :rolleyes:

Either way, I don't remember the same rules being applied to this former VP...

PIC

Dick loves a good fight. He really likes the idea of being at war. If you have sat and wasted your life in some stuffy office and wasted your life long breath at board meetings and not felt the same glory that your father or grandfather felt being a real man and being on a battle field, I guess you have this uncontrolable urge to be a somebody...so you insist on being a combatant of some sort from the comfort of an over stuffed leather chair.

For some bossy old bugger that is held together by chemicals and a pace maker Richard Cheney sure likes to toss what is left of his weight around. He likes to jump out of his bunker on occassion and brow beat Obama...Yes we all realize like all VPs corporate and governmental that they are the real president and that people like Bush are just like people like Obama..and are simply front men...Cheney is no longer president and he is embarrassing the corporate American Mafia by sounding off a bit to much. He should shut up before he damages the system further.

Cheney always had one problem. It was the inability to control his temper and being prone to fly in to a rage..well hidden rage but rage none the less - Cheney wants to go down in flames and take America with him. To bad he was not a religious man...at least he might consider the wefare of future generations. Apparently he does not. That way of thinking is what brought America to this great place of darkness and total shame...Dick if you are listening -be quiet and let Obama have a go at it...support your President - and remember your tenure is over...either help of shut the f*** up!

In fact, Cheney is advancing a debate that nobody else will take on. The ideologues are now deep in the pretense that everything is Bush's fault ... and yet, Obama and his team end up falling back on the Bush-Cheney policies that they love to ridicule. Even you, Oleg, have no reason for your position -- it's just your political taste. Look at how you savage the man, and tell me -- what reason do you have?

Why to you dismiss him as a cranky old guy in the grip of 1950ies-type masculinity? Does Obama have a better approach? Where is the 'merit' in this argument?

Oleg, perhaps it would be better if we just accepted that you are a decent person, right off the bat. That way, you wouldn't have to endorse all these 'squish' positions to show us what a fine and generous fellow you are with American lives and treasure.

Now, at the level of practical politics, what is wrong with Cheney's defense of what were, probably, policies that were initiated by him? What better policy would you have the world adopt? And will those rules apply to the Moslem world?

I think there's a tradition for former presidents to reserve judgement on the successors, but I don't think that applies to former VPs.

Cheney can say what he wants. If he wants to look like a spiteful, partisan poor loser who's consistently wrong on matters of national security, that's his right.