My views on society

Drugs are illegal too....how come you only care about legality when it comes to wars and Ron Paul?

I know drugs are illegal.

I think these laws we're making are ludicrous and are causing more problems then they are solving.

Overthrow of the US federal government is a crime.....hence it is illegal.

When it comes to a revolution and overthrowing a government, i don't think the people are gonna care if it's illegal, who's gonna enforce that law, the government? if they do, it would turn into a civil war.

Then post about Canada instead / too.....

Canada is heavily influenced by what happens in the states.

I also find Canadian politics quite boring at the moment.

The only thing in Canadian politics that is of interest to me right now is bill C-6, which i appose.

Simple answer....and irrelevant. The democratic governments of UK/AUS/USA decided to finish a job started in 1991.

K, let me rephrase the question then.

Do you support the wars in Iraq and/or Afghanistan?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know drugs are illegal.

Then why don't you support law enforcement vis-a-vis an "illegal war" in Iraq? You are not being consistent.

I think these laws we're making are ludicrous and are causing more problems then they are solving.

Canada can do whatever it wants....don't know why so many people want to use and traffic in illegal drugs anyway. I guess they don't vote much either...too busy getting high.

When it comes to a revolution and overthrowing a government, i don't think the people are gonna care if it's illegal, who's gonna enforce that law, the government? if they do, it would turn into a civil war.

See "War Between the States".

Canada is heavily influenced by what happens in the states.

Too bad...the opposite is not so true.

I also find Canadian politics quite boring at the moment.

The only thing in Canadian politics that is of interest to me right now is bill C-6, which i appose.

That's nice, but your posts come off as a closet right wing American wannabe without regard for your own domestic circumstances. We see a lot of that here...starting with Ron Paul worship.

K, let me rephrase the question then.

Do you support the wars in Iraq and/or Afghanistan?

Of course I do....paid nearly $50,000 in taxes this year!

Then why don't you support law enforcement vis-a-vis an "illegal war" in Iraq? You are not being consistent.

I'm not to sure what you mean here.

I don't support the wars in Iraq/Afghanistan or the war on drugs.

Canada can do whatever it wants....don't know why so many people want to use and traffic in illegal drugs anyway. I guess they don't vote much either...too busy getting high.

Weather people want to get high or not is a choice of their own. The government has no right to say what people can or can't do with their body.(apparently they do...sadly)

If you want to stop usage of drugs, educate the people on the dangers of drugs, if they still want to use them, they should be allowed to. As long as they aren't harming anyone else, it isn't a problem.

If people do get addicted, it should be treated as a health problem, not a criminal problem. Throwing people in jail won't solve anything.

Prohibition has never and will never work.

Drugs being illegal is what pushes the industry underground

Where does Al Qaeda get their money? from drugs...The government is funding gangs and terrorist groups by keeping drugs illegal.

I know many people who don't vote and don't get high, it has nothing to do with drugs.

Caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, they are all drugs. There are different types of drugs like opioids, psychedelics, stimulants and depressants all with different effects.

See "War Between the States".

I googled it, I don't know what you want me to look for.

That's nice, but your posts come off as a closet right wing American wannabe without regard for your own domestic circumstances. We see a lot of that here...starting with Ron Paul worship.

I'll admit, Ron Paul was the only candidate of the two major parties i supported. He actually would of been change.

He would of ended the wars and brought the troops from around the world home

he would of ended the war on drugs

He would of ended the Federal Reserves monopoly of printing money out of thin air.

He would of been change, not just say he would be change like Obama.

He understand what liberty and freedom are all about.

V for Vendetta quote

"justice and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives"

Honestly, I don't see the point of countries(borders). We are all the same. We should all be working together and have a society built off love. If we did, there wouldn't be wars or poverty and our drinking water and air would not be so polluted.

I may sound like a hippy, but I think they had the right idea.

But we live in a society based on money, which in turn is based on greed.

We have the illusion of freedom, that's why so many people don't question it.

We are all slaves to money in the end.

I do pay attention to what happens here.

I just find global affairs more interesting and the US is a major global player, so I pay a lot of attention to what they do.

Like right now I am paying a lot of attention to what happens in Copenhagen

Of course I do....paid nearly $50,000 in taxes this year!

lol. Well in that sense i guess i support the war in Afghanistan..

Do you think the war is a good idea is what i'm asking.

Do you believe it has merit.

I'm goint to treat this as a serious post even though I strongly suspect it is pure trolling.

Let me start this off with I think society is well..stupid. Not the people in society, just society in general.

Just giving a warning, I have a radical different view then most, but if we all thought the same, then none of us would really be thinking at all.

My IQ is 89. Is yours lower or higher than mine?
Where do I begin.
Hopefully with sentences having a capital letter. And the word "I".
lets start with the war on drugs. I fail to see any pros to keeping any drug illegal, yes even heroin. Do you You think that we would of learned with alcohol that prohibition doesn't work, guess not. If you want people to stop doing drugs, education is the key.
So do you want heroin, crack and speed coming out of vending machines, so that drivers can get their "hit for the road"? Should it be that uncontrolled?

k O.K., what next...how bout the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I know a lot of you are going to call me crazy for this but it's what I believe. I do believe 9/11 was an inside job. Please if you disagree don't call me stupid, just explain your view. There are many reasons why I think this, but the most obvious is world trade center 7 collapsing. It was not hit by a plane and collapsed at free fall speed. I would encourage people to look up operation northwoods. It was a plan for the CIA to commit acts of terrorism on US cities to create public support to go to war with Cuba in the 60's. Kennedy rejected it. That being said, I think the war in Afghanistan has no merit, neither does the war in Iraq, or the war on terrorism in general. Over a million Iraqis have died since the war started, mostly civilians, and the US is still trying to justify the war. This also leads to a bigger problem, a corrupt US government. Have people not noticed that the US has become fascist. It is no longer a nation ran by and for the people, it is a nation ran by and for the corporations. You think this would be obvious with the recent bailouts.

On this one I really don't know where to start. Was every video of the plane slamming into the second building fake? It is more natural to believe the obvious story, that the planes were piloted into the building, especially where the among the people involved suicide bombings just aren't news.

o, i would like o add another thing. How come when someone straps a bomb to their chest and blows them self up and kills people it's considered monstrous and inhumane but when we use missiles to kill people it's not monstrous and inhumane???

Except that the Israeli missile attacks are usually aimed at military targets. The Gazan Qasam attacks are not.

Ok, now lets start talking about the economy.

It's a giant ponzi scheme. It's designed to get the rich richer. 2% of the worlds population owns over 50% of its wealth...50% of the worlds population lives on less then $5 a day. We've put man on the moon and yet we still haven't solved poverty. Why do people think it's ok for billionaires to fly around in private jets and have every luxury while there is a growing number of people who live on the streets and are constantly looking for food. Is it because money says its okay for that to go down?

From this diatribte you clearly don't know what a Ponzi scheme is.
i feel like im just preaching now. so ill stop. I still got a lot to say but i'll wait to see what you guys have to say.
Er, did the Clarke Institute (link) suddenly allow internet access to its patients? Edited by jbg

I'm goint to treat this as a serious post even though I strongly suspect it is pure trolling.

My IQ is 89. Is yours lower or higher than mine?

So do you want heroin, crack and speed coming out of vending machines, so that drivers can get their "hit for the road"? Should it be that uncontrolled?

No. I'm saying you can't enforce prohibition. It didn't work with alcohol and it won't work with any other drug. More problems arise from keeping drugs illegal then making them legal.

There can be clinics set up around for people to do heroin if they choose. If they are not hurting anyone else, it isn't a problem.

On this one I really don't know where to start. Was every video of the plane slamming into the second building fake? It is more natural to believe the obvious story, that the planes were piloted into the building, especially where the among the people involved suicide bombings just aren't news.

Obviously the tapes of the planes going into the towers was real. I'm saying 2 planes can't take down 3 buildings. None of the buildings should of collapsed, at near free fall speed too. It was an inside job.

The U.S. has a history of lying to the people to get them to go to war.

Except that the Israeli missile attacks are usually aimed at military targets. The Gazan Qasam attacks are not.

From this diatribte you clearly don't know what a Ponzi scheme is.

More civilians have died from this war then army personnel. These wars need to end.

As for the economy. It isn't even real.

The people at the top just get richer and richer why the people at the bottom get deeper in debt.

It is a scam.

Central bankers control the money supply of the world. They in turn control the economy. They more or less control the world. We have the illusion of freedom, that is why people don't question it. But it is only an illusion, we are all slaves to money.

Poverty doesn't have to exist. we allow it to exist. we don't need money to live, it is not an essential like food or water. We can do away with it. Start working together, building society up to benefit all the people of the world, not the rich few at the top.

Er, did the Clarke Institute (link) suddenly allow internet access to its patients?

You just need to realize that all the problems we live with in society a symptom of society itself. We choose to live this way, so we choose to have these problems. All it is, is a choice.

Open your eyes a little. Look what is happening in the world.