Old rebel songs banned in South!

lictor616

http://www.nems360.com/pages/full_story/push?article-UPDATE-+Ole+Miss+song+banned%20&id=4409147-UPDATE-+Ole+Miss+song+banned&instance=home_news_1st_left

Continued chants “The South Shall Rise Again” today cost Ole Miss fans a favorite game tune, “From Dixie With Love.”

Chancellor Dan Jones banned the playing of the pep song medley because fans refused to stop the chant.

{snip}

The song is a blend of “Dixie,” “All My Trials” and the “Battle Hymn of the Republic” written by an assistant band director in the mid-1970s apparently as a way to get away from just “Dixie,” which had become offensive to many peoploe [sic] in the post Civil Rights era.

yes this song is the new enemy and bar to "equality":

see when something is offensive to non-whites, we have to ban it, but when something is offensive to whites ... its called "freedom of speech"... understand?

Lictor, do you think that some rap songs should be banned for this reason ?

Also - since you believe that race is the basis of culture, do you think there should be different rules applied to certain cultures as to what is/should be banned and what shouldn't ?

Let me know what your ideas are on this topic.

um nevermind what I think, rap is extremely anti-white and racist.

But has anyone thus far ever censored or charged a rapper with hate speech? much less "ban a song"

why of course not, that's just the racial anti white double standard working its magic again...

talk about the kettle calling the pot black:

why so evasive Mikey pooh?

care to explain why naughty songs by white people get the boot, and naughty songs by blacks are A-ok?

Edited by lictor616

care to explain why naughty songs by white people get the boot, and naughty songs by blacks are A-ok?

I'm not aware of any of the rap songs you quoted being used at college pep rallies, where their use might cause consternation in the school's administration.

If they were, you might just have a point.

The only examples of naughty songs I can remember were two from black people, and they both seemed to get in trouble with their record company/legal groups.

As I said, you need to finish off the discussion on the 'Black Coworker' thread, and stop running away and posting new issues. If you're interested in discussing your points then do so and stop being evasive.

Prior to America being America the revolutionary war cry by the fighting men was "No king but Jesus" _ This should be stricken out of the history books..this phrase is offensive to athesist and to those not of the Christian faith. Just like they did with ...the historcal bench marker - BC - it was once meant to signify "before Christ" - NOW the pin head acedemics who are so full of correctness call BC BEFORE THE COMMON ERA.... Oh dear! AND the kid that was about 9 interviewed on CNN this morning. The kid wants to be a lawyer - He refused to stand in the morning while recieting the oath of alligence..because gay people are not given equal rights in his little programed mind - and he said "many of by friends are gay" - so at nine years old they all know they are gay and cluster in groups? That kid should be banned from going to law school..

Oh songs schmongs, here is a double standard for sure:

Bud Adams, owner of the Tennessee Titans NFL club was fined for making horribly obscene hand gestures to Buffalo fans after their game yesterday. Not only is this big news, but he was also fined a whopping $250k by the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtLs9Vpp0Fo - see for yourself, but be warned! This is a highly obscene gesture done with both hands, thus a "double" standard.

It never makes the news when non-white NFL owners use such profane gestures, but as soon as some rich old white guy does, out comes the outrage and demands for hefty fines. I find this appalling primarily since the NFL is made of up of mostly old white politically correct owners who employ many non-whites to "play" for them in "games." You can be guaranteed that the size of the fine was in direct proportion to Tennessee's involvement for the South in the Civil War. There is no way that Denise Debartolo Yorkwould ever pay that sort of fine - her of the San Francisco 49's and orginally from Ohio. You know what that means...

Always happens. Non-whites flip the bird and no one bats an eye, but as soon as some old white dust bag does, double standard for sure. We should all be outraged! Then look how fast the mass sports media picks the story up! The obscenity was blasted all over TV news, YouTube, the Internet and everything. Do you ever see this when a non-white NFL owner flips the bird? No. Double standard. Yessiree, double standards till the crows come home to roost!

What is this world coming too? We are all doomed. DOOMED I TELLS YA! DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMED!!!