Weird

"We were ordered by the Prophet that only Muslims should reside in that part of the land. Osama didn't say that Americans should evacuate America or else we'd kill them. He just said this is our country and we would like you to leave, and I think he has a right."

National Post Interview with Khadr daughter

She makes no sense. She wants to come to Canada but she doesn't want Americans to go to the Land of the Two Holy Cities (I gather).

"I'd love to die a martyr. It's a desire that I believe that any Muslim would have or should have."

WTF?

Maybe she's not a radical Muslim; maybe she's just nuts.

Don't try to make sense of it, she has been brainwashed into thinking that way all her life, she is on a different planet when compared to the way we think.

But those thoughts if they pose a threat to our society, should be outlawed and necessary action should be taken (i.e. deportation) to mitigate the risks that this person poses.

I believe she has proclaimed too many crazy viewpoints that are unfortunately shared by way too many people in this world. Hey if she wants to die a Matyr in a far away land, then go ahead.

But those thoughts if they pose a threat to our society, should be outlawed and necessary action should be taken (i.e. deportation) to mitigate the risks that this person poses.

I believe she has proclaimed too many crazy viewpoints that are unfortunately shared by way too many people in this world. Hey if she wants to die a Matyr in a far away land, then go ahead.

Fortunately, one cannot outlaw thoughts or viewpoints, no matter how offensive. If the Khadr's have committed any crimes or violated Canadian law in any way, they should be punished accordingly. Otherwise, like it or not, they are entitled to the same rights as all other Canadian citizens.

Viewpoints that make no threats against anyone cannot be outlawed that is fine everyone has that right, but when those threats are directed at someone or this country (treason) they should be dealt with immediately, might I add her family is treading a very thin line already. Its only a matter of time until she slips up and says something that will allow the country to take action which is 100% justifiable. Its time for Canadians to stop trying to walk in everyone elses shoes and demand that these people walk in our shoes, after all they moved to Canadian society (and no I am not talking about taking away their language, culture, beliefs yadadadada) where these views should be condemned everytime they are spoken until they are not spoken no more.

Viewpoints that make no threats against anyone cannot be outlawed that is fine everyone has that right, but when those threats are directed at someone or this country (treason) they should be dealt with immediately, might I add her family is treading a very thin line already. Its only a matter of time until she slips up and says something that will allow the country to take action which is 100% justifiable.

In Canada, free speech is constrained by law only in cases where teh speech constitutes hate propaganda (ie. inciting violence against an identified group) or threats against a specific individual.

It appears to me the Khadrs are guilty of no more than having unpleasant opinions. If they're guilty of anything else, that's for the law to decide.

Its time for Canadians to stop trying to walk in everyone elses shoes and demand that these people walk in our shoes, after all they moved to Canadian society (and no I am not talking about taking away their language, culture, beliefs yadadadada) where these views should be condemned everytime they are spoken until they are not spoken no more.

And who is to determine what constitutes acceptable speech? I don't care much for hate speech laws, but accept them as an imperfect solution to a serious problem.

But if you find someone's personal view points repugnant, the answer isn't suppression, it's countering their views. Not to defend the Khadr's, but their views are no worse than anything you can read on FreeDominion or Adam Yoshida.