Canadian Identity: un-American

Guest TrueMetis

Fossils are not rare. The "biologists" are just whining because they haven't found them all yet. Don't confuse "fossilization" with "fossils".

Besides, fossils are not un-American either.

:lol:

Scientists estimate that there are 5-100 million speices on earth now, and that 99.9% of species have gone extinct. That means that there have been anywere from 500 million to 10 billion species on earth. Lets go with an estimate of about 5 billion. If we go with about 2 billion fossils and if we go with all of them being different species than we know nothing about 3 billion species. Now take into consideration that in actuallity most of the fossils we have are incomplete consisting of only a few bones and we have many fossils of the same species. all together I would be suprised if we knew about more than a 100 million species.

Edited by TrueMetis

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I was thinking about: Montesquieu, Beaumarchais, Diderot, Rousseau, Voltaire and many others that have writen the concept of individualism, free speech, search for happiness and so on in their books long before the American Revolution. They also put a lot of pressure and influence toward the french monarchy to support the American Revolution.

In tha list, I am familiar with the works of Rousseau and Voltaire. Voltair believed in individualism, free speech, etc. Rousseau believed in the "general will" which translated later into something better known as "communism".

Rosseau was the progenitor of the French, not American revolution. The intellectual forces behind the American Revolution were more John Locke, Thomas Paine and later Adam Smith.

In tha list, I am familiar with the works of Rousseau and Voltaire. Voltair believed in individualism, free speech, etc. Rousseau believed in the "general will" which translated later into something better known as "communism".

Yes Canada, the general will of the conservative leaches and their comrads the government parasites who are busy watering down the voting via lax insulting immigration policies. These leaches hide behind their parties as the government parasites hide behind their union all the while they enjoy the cake and the bottom feeding Canadian gets sold down the river. Canada is every bit as communist because of the political and government corruption that is running rampant. If it were not for the monarch evil Canada would be out in full colors.

The difference between Canada and the US is Canada has no accountability. We have corrupt parties all way around. In the US the president forms the cabinet who operates the US government. People vote directely for the President and his leadership. In Canada we did not vote for that turkey harper but whether you have a majority or a minority its the same because that party forms the cabinet which in turns operates the Canadian Government. You can be sure Harper and the conservatives have been busy stacking the government pay rolls with their buddies.

Because in the US the president and the Congress is separate the president has to watch his step or risk being impeached and sent to prison. In Canada what does harper have to watch out for? especially if he had a majority? Talk about wielding absolute power on a Country. The problem is the Governor General has to stop being a rubber stamp and start policing the actions of the corrupt conservatives and the parliament in general. Canada doesn't have a congress to watch the actions of the Prime Minister and his corrupt conservatives. Because of this Canada's government is bloated with conservatives and Canada has suffered because of it.

Maybe Anacoluthe is refering to creationists being taken somewhat seriously in America, and other stuff like that.

Whether they are or aren't I'd like to see how the Tories are on the offensive to substitute evangelical values for Canadian values.

Yeah Oleg I guess you should move south and live with those folks. You can say what you want, just try to not lump us all together into a nice little herd that you think you can dictate to.

Alberta hugh? I guess you are familiar with herds. Why as an Albertan who has seen open spaces and understands what a good neighbour is - dispise someone for no other reason than because they live across the line..south of the 49th? You as an Albertan can NOT be dictated too...unless you are a new arrival and are urbanized. I don't want to dominate anyone - but I also do not need someone that attempts to dominate me by saying I sould hate every last American citizen. That would be like me insisting to you that all black people are stupid - that all Jews are cheap - that all poor white people are welfare parsites..Point being - look for the best in America and use them for what they are best for..and allow them to do the same..There are good people there..don't write the place off.

Because in the US the president and the Congress is separate the president has to watch his step or risk being impeached and sent to prison.
You're talking about rare to non-existant events. Nixon was the only President who came close to being imprisoned. Andrew Johnson was impeached and almost removed but no one accused him of anything that would have meant prison. William Jefferson Clinton was impeached but come nowhere close to removal. In short, I would say that though I know almost nothing about Canada you know even less about our system.

In Canada what does harper have to watch out for? especially if he had a majority? Talk about wielding absolute power on a Country. The problem is the Governor General has to stop being a rubber stamp and start policing the actions of the corrupt conservatives and the parliament in general. Canada doesn't have a congress to watch the actions of the Prime Minister and his corrupt conservatives. Because of this Canada's government is bloated with conservatives and Canada has suffered because of it.

Harper has not, to my knowledge had a majority. Brian Mulroney started with a huge majority but his party fragmented away from him.

And the Australian GG showed in 1975 that a GG is hardly a rubber stamp.

Whatever you do please don't put your ignorance of both your country and ours on display.

You're talking about rare to non-existant events. Nixon was the only President who came close to being imprisoned. Andrew Johnson was impeached and almost removed but no one accused him of anything that would have meant prison. William Jefferson Clinton was impeached but come nowhere close to removal. In short, I would say that though I know almost nothing about Canada you know even less about our system.

Harper has not, to my knowledge had a majority. Brian Mulroney started with a huge majority but his party fragmented away from him.

And the Australian GG showed in 1975 that a GG is hardly a rubber stamp.

Whatever you do please don't put your ignorance of both your country and ours on display.

Any real American would not be wasting his time posting on a Canadian Forum so I doubt your authenticity! ;)

You are certainly ignorant, look no further than the illinois governor

"http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-blagojevich-impeachment-removal,0,5791846.story"

Rod Blagojevich was impeached and forcabily removed from being Governor of Illinois by the state legislature. The people of illinois directly elected this governor but the elected legislature has the power to fire him as they did. Not only that, he has been indicted and may go to prison.

There was also another story about an elected judge in Texas who was also impeached by the state assembly.

As I said these are offices elected independently of the state assembly but were held to account by the elected state assembly when they stepped out of line.

Canada has no such independence or accountability.

It doesn't matter whether Harper has a majority or a minority HE STILL CONTROLS THE GOVERNMENT!! Never mind all the Plum senate appointments he gave his buddies you hear about in the media. It's what you don't hear about in the media when the conservative controlled goverment stacks the government payrolls with their party faithful. They can do this because the government departments report to his cabinet ministers. Minority or Majority it doesn't matter.

Canada's judiciary, senate, and the government bureacrats are thickly lined with conservative and liberals. It is this way because Canada's governer generals office is not doing their job in holding the politicians and government leaches to account.

It is quite clear you know nothing of what you are saying.

Edited by whowhere

Any real American would not be wasting his time posting on a Canadian Forum so I doubt your authenticity! ;)

Call my cell in the (914) area code if you wish to verify my "authenticity".

You are certainly ignorant, look no further than the illinois governor

"http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-blagojevich-impeachment-removal,0,5791846.story"

Rod Blagojevich was impeached and forcabily removed from being Governor of Illinois by the state legislature. The people of illinois directly elected this governor but the elected legislature has the power to fire him as they did. Not only that, he has been indicted and may go to prison.

There was also another story about an elected judge in Texas who was also impeached by the state assembly.

As I said these are offices elected independently of the state assembly but were held to account by the elected state assembly when they stepped out of line.

State and federal politics are very different. Also Blago's impeachment and removal came in the wake of a Federal criminal indictment. Galgano (sp) didn't last long as Ambassador to Denmark after ADSCAM broke.
Canada has no such independence or accountability.

It doesn't matter whether Harper has a majority or a minority HE STILL CONTROLS THE GOVERNMENT!! Never mind all the Plum senate appointments he gave his buddies you hear about in the media. It's what you don't hear about in the media when the conservative controlled goverment stacks the government payrolls with their party faithful. They can do this because the government departments report to his cabinet ministers. Minority or Majority it doesn't matter.

Canada's judiciary, senate, and the government bureacrats are thickly lined with conservative and liberals. It is this way because Canada's governer generals office is not doing their job in holding the politicians and government leaches to account.

It is quite clear you know nothing of what you are saying.

You still haven't explained, then, how Gough Whitlam wound up being turfed by AU's GG on November 10, 1975.

Alberta hugh? I guess you are familiar with herds. Why as an Albertan who has seen open spaces and understands what a good neighbour is - dispise someone for no other reason than because they live across the line..south of the 49th? You as an Albertan can NOT be dictated too...unless you are a new arrival and are urbanized. I don't want to dominate anyone - but I also do not need someone that attempts to dominate me by saying I sould hate every last American citizen. That would be like me insisting to you that all black people are stupid - that all Jews are cheap - that all poor white people are welfare parsites..Point being - look for the best in America and use them for what they are best for..and allow them to do the same..There are good people there..don't write the place off.

Oleg, don't get me wrong here. All I am trying to say is that if you think so much of America and its culture that maybe you should live there instead of here.

Call my cell in the (914) area code if you wish to verify my "authenticity".

Then you have to be a spy because what benefit is it to you, to waste your time on a Canadian forum to accomplish what agenda exactly??

State and federal politics are very different. Also Blago's impeachment and removal came in the wake of a Federal criminal indictment. Galgano (sp) didn't last long as Ambassador to Denmark after ADSCAM broke.

My point is, and I have stated in clearly. The American people elects the president and the congress has the power to remove the president from office.

You still haven't explained, then, how Gough Whitlam wound up being turfed by AU's GG on November 10, 1975.

What's to explain, the GG office of Canada needs to get a spine and not rubberstamp the legislation, the senate appointments, and whatever other mechanicsm of government. How credible is a governor general when the GG is selected by the PM and without scrutiny is signed off by the Queen.

Canada is corrupt because it lacks the checks and balances the US has. The conservative parties only pursuit is to feather their own nests at the expense of Canada's future. Canada has no competent institution to stop the conservatives, the liberals, and the other party co-conspirators from wrecking the country with their communist style governance.

Then you have to be a spy because what benefit is it to you, to waste your time on a Canadian forum to accomplish what agenda exactly??

My point is, and I have stated in clearly. The American people elects the president and the congress has the power to remove the president from office.

What's to explain, the GG office of Canada needs to get a spine and not rubberstamp the legislation, the senate appointments, and whatever other mechanicsm of government. How credible is a governor general when the GG is selected by the PM and without scrutiny is signed off by the Queen.

Canada is corrupt because it lacks the checks and balances the US has. The conservative parties only pursuit is to feather their own nests at the expense of Canada's future. Canada has no competent institution to stop the conservatives, the liberals, and the other party co-conspirators from wrecking the country with their communist style governance.

Sure we do its called the House of Commons. Ever hear of a non-confidence motion?

Well, at least you have been thinking about something more than Her Majesty's medals, pendants, broaches, tiaras, and crowns.

Oh, but of course. I acquiesced some time ago to your far stronger fascination with those pretty, shiny things the Queen wears! One might think you wanted a tiara of your own, especially given the hints of princess in your attitude.

Oh, but of course. I acquiesced some time ago to your far stronger fascination with those pretty, shiny things the Queen wears! One might think you wanted a tiara of your own, especially given the hints of princess in your attitude.

It's all good....don't dish out the royal poop if you can't handle some in return.

from a high school student perspective.

I'm in the prom committee, and the student council (among many other groups). Honestly, our whole premise is to be "unamerican".

OK....so not having enough time to become so jaded, how does that manifest itself in a typical Canadian high school? Have the excesses of American style prom nights been adopted (limos, hotel room parties, tatoos, body shots, public sex, etc.)?

Adults are already a lost cause! :P

I guess you and Fortunata are two peas in a pod since neither of you thinks I have a right to be here. I will point you to the Charter of [no] Rights and [selective] Freedoms, which give so-called "Fundamental Rights", "Legal Rights" and "Equality Rights" to "everyone" or "individuals" and "Democratic Rights" and "Mobility Rights" to Canadians only. Another pointis that Canadians complain that Americans are ignorant about Canada. That is fair but is it also fair for them to be upset when we Americans do know something about Canada?

Your post about Blago had nothing to do with the national President or Congress.

Agreed but Canada's far less corrupt than most countries on earth.

Sure we do its called the House of Commons. Ever hear of a non-confidence motion?

Don't bother. He's too dumb to know what that is.

Edited by jbg