Liberals release more ads aimed at voters

jdobbin

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

The federal Liberals released two more television ads Sunday in a clear attempt to appeal to voters ahead of an election call that could be just days away.

An English ad features Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff sitting in front of the same forest as in previous ads, this time talking about jobs.

Ignatieff begins by saying that nearly half a million Canadians have lost their jobs this year, calling the recession "a restructuring of our economy."

I have seen quite a lot more of the first ad this weekend.

The English ads continue to look like they are avoiding a more negative spin.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

I have seen quite a lot more of the first ad this weekend.

The English ads continue to look like they are avoiding a more negative spin.

These ads are the exact same garbage that people were making fun of Harper for last election. Ignatieff has just exchanged a sweater and fireplace in the background for a forest. It's just drivel and tripe. Pretty much ALL election ads are garbage meant to influence the dumb and the uninformed.

Edited by Moonbox

These ads are the exact same garbage that people were making fun of Harper for last election. Ignatieff has just exchanged a sweater and fireplace in the background for a forest. It's just drivel and tripe. Pretty much ALL election ads are garbage meant to influence the dumb and the uninformed.
IS that the 55% who vote? :lol:

The reason people made fun of Harper was because the ads didn't fit the person.

Ignatieff is an ex-BBC host, Harvard professor and, a writer of fiction and history, and descendant of Russian nobility. The last place I would expect to see that type of person is in a virgin Canadian forest. But the Liberal war room strategists must have a strategic reason for the setting . I'm just not clever enough to figure it out.

I certainly didn't make fun of that ad. I just thought it was out of character compared to previous ad which were either negative or had him in a suit and tie looking business-like. You have to admit he didn't look comfortable with the makeover that the party thought would work for him.

As far as the Ignatieff ad goes, the main focus seems to be to show that Ignatieff is not Dion, can speak with a smooth delivery and that the message is positive.

Ignatieff is an ex-BBC host, Harvard professor and, a writer of fiction and history, and descendant of Russian nobility. The last place I would expect to see that type of person is in a virgin Canadian forest. But the Liberal war room strategists must have a strategic reason for the setting . I'm just not clever enough to figure it out.

I figure it is a way to connect the viewer to the issue of the environment and nature.

We have seen the same type of thing with leader shown paddling a canoe. It was done with Trudeau and it was done with Filmon.

I think the canoe would have been over the top.

As I said, I don't know if some on the right would be happy with any presentation.

I saw this quote from Ignatieff before and it rubbed me the wrong way - smacked of his "I" and "me" personna. It's all about him.....he caught himself and said "we" but as usual, it's a "me" statement.

"I could be standing here as the prime minister of Canada. I turned it down. We turned it down in January," it quotes Ignatieff as saying last Friday.
Edited by Keepitsimple

I saw this quote from Ignatieff before and it rubbed me the wrong way - smacked of his "I" and "me" personna. It's all about him.....he caught himself and said "we" but as usual, it's a "me" statement.

Some people just rub people the wrong way. The same thing happens in regards to Harper.

I figure it is a way to connect the viewer to the issue of the environment and nature.

We have seen the same type of thing with leader shown paddling a canoe. It was done with Trudeau and it was done with Filmon.

I think the canoe would have been over the top.

As I said, I don't know if some on the right would be happy with any presentation.

Trudeau was a leader?

I would have selected a phrase more like, perhaps, Minister? Perhaps Abbot, or Bishop?