June sales numbers up

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll remember that next election campaign when Liberals talk about how great they are a fiscal management then blame Harper for cuts to programs ok?

I certainly doubt they will be taking credit for an uptick in sales three weeks into the job.

I wonder how Gary Doer would look without that extra $2 billion in equalization payments poured into Manitoba every year?

Exactly. Kind of like a sprinter who gets a head start, and wins the race. Should he really be praised?

I don't know you might have to ask the Liberals and Conservatives who have supported that program over the years right?

Do you support that program?

Do you support that program?

Personally yes I do. Otherwise we would be a republic not a Confederation. Like it or not the Canadian people are locked together through the country in which we live. This means no one province in the country should be substantially poorer then the others. Health care needs to be around the same level across the country, schools, and federal programs as well. It is tough but such is the nature of the bond we locked into.

This means no one province in the country should be substantially poorer then the others.

Doesn't that keep people in areas that couldn't otherwise support them economically? When, without such program, they would gravitate to areas that can.

Yah right. Just like the Liberals didn't take the credit for the balance budgets on the back of the GST? Excuse me while I laugh.

Don't think they said the GST didn't help. It was major cuts though that took it the whole way. And it was the Liberals who did that.

We'll see what Nova Scotia does now with a possible shortfall: Cuts, tax increases?

Don't think they said the GST didn't help. It was major cuts though that took it the whole way. And it was the Liberals who did that.

We'll see what Nova Scotia does now with a possible shortfall: Cuts, tax increases?

I don't know I bet they don't increase spending by 500 million like the Liberals suggested during the election campaign in fact I bet they Cut like the NDP promised to do during the campaign. It is probably nice to run on something you can do unlike the Liberals.

I wonder how Gary Doer would look without that extra $2 billion in equalization payments poured into Manitoba every year?

My guess is stop providing roads, healthcare and social services and do what used to be done: sending people away to live.

I wonder if that would serve the national interest though.

I don't know I bet they don't increase spending by 500 million like the Liberals suggested during the election campaign in fact I bet they Cut like the NDP promised to do during the campaign. It is probably nice to run on something you can do unlike the Liberals.

From what I read of the Nova Scotia election, the Liberals were the only ones who said the financing of the province was going to be bad.

From what I read of the Nova Scotia election, the Liberals were the only ones who said the financing of the province was going to be bad.

Really so you think in the face of a 1.3 billion dollar budget which the Liberals said they would keep spending 500 million more is saying the finances would be bad? It is like you don't even read the news.

But he has also pledged to complete the projects the governing Progressive Conservatives have committed to.

"I have to honour those," McNeil said. "Any future government would have to honour those. Otherwise I'd be Stephen Harper when he tore up the Atlantic Accord, and I'm not Stephen Harper."

McNeil could not say whether his plan would trigger a deficit or whether a Liberal government would add to the province's debt.

"We need to know how deep a deficit we're in to know whether or not it will add to the debt in the end," he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nsvotes2009/story...l-platform.html

Yah that guys sounds like he knows about the finances hahahaha.

Really so you think in the face of a 1.3 billion dollar budget which the Liberals said they would keep spending 500 million more is saying the finances would be bad? It is like you don't even read the news.

Yah that guys sounds like he knows about the finances hahahaha.

Stop acting like a child.

Even your own papers indicate the Liberals were sounding out warnings on a possible deficit when the other parties weren't.

Stop acting like a child.

Even your own papers indicate the Liberals were sounding out warnings on a possible deficit when the other parties weren't.

Never read that. I read McNeil saying he would create a deficit with his crazy tax cuts. 5% across the board bisuness tax cut, 4% across the board gas tax cut. Forcing NS power to up rates on the backs of consumes to switch to natural gas. All this with out any spending cuts the NDP said they would make. I don't really think you get it. NS is 12.5 billion in debt they pay close 900 million every year in servicing that debt to buy votes with another 500 million would be killing that province. That might be why the Liberals won 2 more seats then they had before while the NDP won close to 11 more. One talked about reducing debt while was committed to making it bigger.

I don't really think you get it. NS is 12.5 billion in debt they pay close 900 million every year in servicing that debt to buy votes with another 500 million would be killing that province. That might be why the Liberals won 2 more seats then they had before while the NDP won close to 11 more. One talked about reducing debt while was committed to making it bigger.

I don't think you get it. The NDP boxed themselves in by saying they wouldn't go into deficit. They had better hope they have a solution.

I don't think you get it. The NDP boxed themselves in by saying they wouldn't go into deficit. They had better hope they have a solution.

Really because the NS pundits don't seem to feel that way.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Opinion/1139017.html

Everyone from Reagan has gotten elected on promise of balanced budgets and never once were they kicked out for not delivering. People didn't want the debt McNeil promised and they didn't want the tax cuts or new spending programs. It was simple Dexter was elected because the other guys sucked that much.

Really because the NS pundits don't seem to feel that way.

Everyone from Reagan has gotten elected on promise of balanced budgets and never once were they kicked out for not delivering. People didn't want the debt McNeil promised and they didn't want the tax cuts or new spending programs. It was simple Dexter was elected because the other guys sucked that much.

Guess we'll see if the NDP can get out of this without major cuts to civil service or higher taxes. My guess is that there is going to a lot of anger.

Guess we'll see if the NDP can get out of this without major cuts to civil service or higher taxes. My guess is that there is going to a lot of anger.

Probably will be, but the people put them there and they promised a cut across the board of 1% I say they do it. It is hard to get elected when Liberals promises castles for everyone, or 500 million more in Spending while the NDP promises a 1% cut to all government programs but someone had to and they did it. If they are only in for 4 years and they make NS's budgets work for future governments then I think they can be happy with their work Dobbin.

Probably will be, but the people put them there and they promised a cut across the board of 1% I say they do it. It is hard to get elected when Liberals promises castles for everyone, or 500 million more in Spending while the NDP promises a 1% cut to all government programs but someone had to and they did it. If they are only in for 4 years and they make NS's budgets work for future governments then I think they can be happy with their work Dobbin.

It will be a little hard to elect the NDP next time if they break their promise not to go into deficit and not cut the civil service. Harder still if they increase taxes.

It will be a little hard to elect the NDP next time if they break their promise not to go into deficit and not cut the civil service. Harder still if they increase taxes.

Neither of those promises were made. They promised to balance the budget next year which still might be doable, and they promised to cut all government programs by 1%.