June sales numbers up

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/685526

You think the power grab would happen after the Liberals win. You would think the knives would come out after the Liberals lose. Although Dobbin keeps telling me the Liberals are united.

The "new" Liberals will be united and in a very unexpected way. Not knowing much about Ignatieff other than viewing his still image and lambasting him in order to pander to the supposed conservatives here on the forum. I saw the man speak and I listened and watch - I might as well admit it to you all here - I believe this guy puts Harper and every last old school conservative and neo-con to shame - This man is the next Prime Minister of Canada - I swear on that prediction - He has substance and soul - Harper and the boys do not..People in Canada want compassion and brains - not harsh rhetoricals that enhance the power of the American buisness elite.

The "new" Liberals will be united and in a very unexpected way. Not knowing much about Ignatieff other than viewing his still image and lambasting him in order to pander to the supposed conservatives here on the forum. I saw the man speak and I listened and watch - I might as well admit it to you all here - I believe this guy puts Harper and every last old school conservative and neo-con to shame - This man is the next Prime Minister of Canada - I swear on that prediction - He has substance and soul - Harper and the boys do not..People in Canada want compassion and brains - not harsh rhetoricals that enhance the power of the American buisness elite.

Sorry Oleg I changed the topic becuase I posted this in the wrong place but totally understand what you are saying.

Probably has nothing to do with the heavy NDP influences in those provinces though.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story...tail-sales.html

Yes, taking credit for immediate Nova Scotia sales when they were just elected in the first week is rather presumptuous. Who is to say that all the sales were not in the first week when the Tories were in power?

And who is to say the sales had anything to do with either party?

Edited by jdobbin

Yes, taking credit for immediate Nova Scot'a sales when they were just elected in the first week is rather presumptuous. Who is to say that all the sales were not in the first week when the Tories were in power?

And who is to say the sales had anything to do with either party?

No one it was an observation and the Tories haven't done anything in NS from John Hamm onward.

I offered a CBC article that said "SALES NUMBERS UP IN JUNE" although I can see how that would escape you.

And then you said you assumed it was all because the NDP were in power and that it was all bad news under the Tories.

No the province wasn't run by the PC's right up until June it was just left to wither and die.

Governments don't "run" economies. They tax and regulate them. And according to the link, retail sales have been up 5 of the last 6 months. Most likely because of the NDP. :rolleyes:

Never said that I said the provinces with strong NDP parties and weak Liberals ones seemed to do better.

With no evidence if the party makes any difference. Show me figures over a year on a month to month basis and then maybe you might have something. However, slapping yourself on the back and taking credit for an increase in Nova Scotia with only three weeks of your party in power is dubious at best.

With no evidence if the party makes any difference. Show me figures over a year on a month to month basis and then maybe you might have something. However, slapping yourself on the back and taking credit for an increase in Nova Scotia with only three weeks of your party in power is dubious at best.

The NDP have been strong in NS for longer then the last three weeks Dobbin.

The NDP have been strong in NS for longer then the last three weeks Dobbin.

Oh my God, so they are to take credit for all any good news even when they are not in government? All the bad news must be everyone else's fault.