You let in a right wing party

"Saskatchewan is projecting a $1.3-billion drop in potash revenues this fiscal year.....To deal with the shortfall, the government said it will take a $185-million dividend from the Crown Investments Corp. and delay funding the children’s hospital in Saskatoon and some schools."

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Canada/1137644.html

The NDP set them up for successes and they still f it up.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm....sacrificing health care....our NDP government just expanded Children's and built a new ER for it. They've also ordered a dedicated MRI to go with its dedicated CT.....plus all the other medical projects that they have just completed, are currently engaged in, and that they are about to start or have planned.

Edited by Smallc

Hmmm....sacrificing health care....our NDP government just expanded Children's and built a new ER for it. They've also ordered a dedicated MRI to go with its dedicated CT.....plus all the other medical projects that they have just completed, are currently engaged in, and that they are about to start or have planned.

In the last two years the MRI waiting list in Manitoba has quadrupled and the government has pulled down the wait time list from its website.

Two years ago Manitoba was doing great. We are headed in the wrong direction.

MRI is the only wait that has gone up and I've already explained why. We stopped using the private MRI because the quality sucked and we started allowing all physicians to order MRIs. CT scans are now done much sooner in all cases as are ultrasounds. There are two MRIs on order to attempt to correct the problem.

Oh, and the wait time list still exists, you can google it. I'm not sure why it isn't on their website. I think it's more of an oversight than anything.

Edited by Smallc

MRI is the only wait that has gone up and I've already explained why. We stopped using the private MRI because the quality sucked and we started allowing all physicians to order MRIs. CT scans are now done much sooner in all cases as are ultrasounds. There are two MRIs on order to attempt to correct the problem.

And they are way behind schedule and even if they come online tomorrow, won't be able to reduce the numbers to what they were in 2007.

Oh, and the wait time list still exists, you can google it. I'm not sure why it isn't on their website. I think it's more of an oversight than anything.

Really? Because the times used to be listed easily on the main page. Now, it they are not. That is an oversight? It has been the source of a few news stories in the last days.

I see one story....the list has been gone from the page for months, the media is only catching up. I should know because I check it monthly. Yes, the MRI wait is long. Why? Because more people are being sent for them now. If you have a problem, you don't wait anyway. You'll also note that the wait time page says maximum wait, and that many people typically wait a much shorter time. I agree, it's a problem that must be fixed, and the dedicated MRI at Children's will help a great deal, as will the ability to do four times as many PETs. The NDP did it though, so we can ignore all of the good things.

I see one story....the list has been gone from the page for months, the media is only catching up. I should know because I check it monthly. Yes, the MRI wait is long. Why? Because more people are being sent for them now. If you have a problem, you don't wait anyway. You'll also note that the wait time page says maximum wait, and that many people typically wait a much shorter time. I agree, it's a problem that must be fixed, and the dedicated MRI at Children's will help a great deal, as will the ability to do four times as many PETs. The NDP did it though, so we can ignore all of the good things.

It was on CJOB as well about where the lists went.

It is unacceptable that they are off the main page and that you have to navigate around various times to locate the correct information. The whole idea was the main page would tell you what hospitals to go to to avoid longer waits.

Five months is a long time to wait for a scan. And the time for the Siemens Center to open keeps getting pushed back.

Sorry...two stories

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/manitoba/2...471411-sun.html

As usual, the other parties have criticism and no solution...the NDP on the other hand seems to have a solution.

And CJOB.

Yes, the NDP are finally called on the issue after two years of growing wait times. And only now authorize overtime?

The wait didn't grow that much until last year. I'm sure the Liberals would have sprinkled some kind of ferry dust (if they could get near government) to fix the problem though. It's important to note that we do 5 times as many scans as in 1999 and the wait is still just over half as long.

Edited by Smallc

The wait didn't grow that much until last year. I'm sure the Liberals would have sprinkled some kind of ferry dust (if they could get near government) to fix the problem though. It's important to note that we do 5 times as many scans as in 1999 and the wait is still just over half as long.

You can blame everyone else if you want. It still is all on the NDP that they have had this happen on their watch. They can blame more scans. You can blame the opposition for doing their job is raising the issue. You can blame the media for raising it. You can blame doctors for doing their job as well. However, the NDP own this one and they should have responded a long time ago.

Their solution was to ignore it, hide it from plain sight and hope no one would notice. The list continues to grow and even overtime is a stopgap measure.

I agree, write them a letter. I like most people will contine to use Google.

That doesn't do a quick comparative from hospital to hospital and you know it. It still require a few searches.

This just smacks of NDP apology about how they are superior, can do no wrong and they blame everyone else for the problem.

I've already said that the problem needs fixing. I actually wrote them a letter about the exact issue two weeks ago. Problems should be found and fixed. Fortunately, it seems that they're taking steps to address it.

I also wrote them a note for you about the link.

Oh, and it only takes one search: Manitoba Wait Times.

What do you mean? It's the same link as before.

I agree though, it should be on the main paige, and so I've sent them a note.

Not on the main page though:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/columnists...458756-sun.html

But they can only do that if wait time data is easily accessible. It now takes at least five clicks from the main government home page to find it, and that's only if you're familiar with the site and know where to go.

You have to click on "department" then "department list" and chose "health." From there, you go to "index" and select "w." Scroll down and click on wait times. You can also punch "wait times" into the search feature and you'll get there.

Why they took it off the main page is not an oversight.

"Saskatchewan is projecting a $1.3-billion drop in potash revenues this fiscal year.....To deal with the shortfall, the government said it will take a $185-million dividend from the Crown Investments Corp. and delay funding the children’s hospital in Saskatoon and some schools."

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Canada/1137644.html

The NDP set them up for successes and they still f it up.

Let me see if I understand this - you're blaming the government for a fall in potash revenues - even though it's clear the world-wide recession is largely responsible?

And you know that how. MRI waits are the only ones that have increased....and they're increased because their volume has increased substantially. Much of what can be seen on the wait times page is something to be proud of.

And you know that how. MRI waits are the only ones that have increased....and they're increased because their volume has increased substantially. Much of what can be seen on the wait times page is something to be proud of.

Doer's government didn't do anything until prodded. Once again.