Should we adopt two-tier health care?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your wife was injured at work Hydraboss, Alberta Health never should have even been an option. All medical expenses related to an injury at work are to be covered by WCB.

Actually, I'm quite familiar with how WCB works. I do it for a living. Any GP/WCB Adjudicator/Case Manager/IME/etc can book testing and, in the end, WCB will pay them and for the test. The exception to this is when the patient (and/or family) pay independantly. In my wife's case, WCB applied for the results and got them, and I got to pay the bill (but I knew that going in).

Try searching "Alberta WCB W-15, Workers Compensation Act of Alberta". So once again, little one, you are wrong. Alberta Health Care was never going to be on the hook for the cost.

Alberta Health Care was never going to be on the hook for the cost.

That's exactly what I just said. You made it sound like Alberta Health had a 6 month wait and WCB a one month wait. It was simply a misunderstanding. I know just a wee bit about WCB too, being as a I have a Certificate with Honours in Occupational Health and Safety.

As for your opinions on health care, well, as a separatist who is supposed to have moved already, they don't count much. One month was completely reasonable for the injury that she had. You wanted to pay out of pocket for faster care, well, that's your loss.

Edited by Smallc

That's exactly what I just said. You made it sound like Alberta Health had a 6 month wait and WCB a one month wait. It was simply a misunderstanding. I know just a wee bit about WCB too, being as a I have a Certificate with Honours in Occupational Health and Safety.

As for your opinions on health care, well, as a separatist who is supposed to have moved already, they don't count much. One month was completely reasonable for the injury that she had. You wanted to pay out of pocket for faster care, well, that's your loss.

The cost I have already clarified. The wait times are correct. The "public system" had a six month wait. WCB had a 30 day wait. No wait when I paid cash.

Wow! A certificate! That must have taken you, what, a year???? Amazing! Just how many courses did you take on WCB? One? Let me guess...Disability Management/Claims Management and perhaps Back Injury Prevention? How many days do you have in practice?

Wow! A certificate!

There isn't any more offered in this province or in most other places. This certificate is internationally recognized...but keep on trolling. As soon as you told your doctor that she was hurt at work, WCB or out of pocket should have been the only options (at least in Manitoba, and it's supposed to be similar across the country). That's what I was getting at. Alberta health wait times are irrelevant to your situation. Some people wait long, and some people don't wait at all. it all depends on what your doctor assesses you need and how soon you need it.

There isn't any more offered in this province or in most other places. This certificate is internationally recognized...but keep on trolling. As soon as you told your doctor that she was hurt at work, WCB or out of pocket should have been the only options (at least in Manitoba, and it's supposed to be similar across the country). That's what I was getting at. Alberta health wait times are irrelevant to your situation. Some people wait long, and some people don't wait at all. it all depends on what your doctor assesses you need and how soon you need it.

Wrong again. Those are not the only two choices. The fact that WCB is involved only affects the end payer, not the booking of appointments/tests. WCB patients jump the queue.

Compensation boards across the country vary greatly in application of provincially-specific rules.

P.s. - your certificate is NOT recognized outside of Canada. You've been mislead. As for more education, try U of A Faculty of Extension for the diploma program. Might help. If you want to go to the States, you'll need OSHA qualifications. Not hard to get, but a major advantage if you want. National "red seal" of an NCSO is transferrable across Canada.

The certificate is all that I need in every province, including yours, and in most countries. What really matters, later is a CRSP. Anyway, I'm done talking with you about this. You hate Canada anyway.

Edited by Smallc

The certificate is all that I need in every province, including yours, and in most countries. What really matters, later is a CRSP. Anyway, I'm done talking with you about this. You hate Canada anyway.

You are very, very wrong with regards to international movement of your certificate. Within Canada, employers could generally give a rat's ass where you were certified (unless they are actually a top-notch company that cares whether or not you have knowledge of provincial-specific OHS regs).

Maybe it's the CRSP I'm thinking of....it's recognized across NA from what I've been told. We can't all remember everything all of the time.

Bang on. CRSP is recognized throughout Canada. CSP in the States. There's not that much involved in attaining equivalency from CRSP to CSP though (just a couple courses on OSHA and some local regs). My advice: Get both even if you plan on staying in Canada. Immensely valuable to all of the US companies that operate here (in all fields).

Get it and lock in a practicum with a reputable company and you're set.

Bang on. CRSP is recognized throughout Canada. CSP in the States. There's not that much involved in attaining equivalency from CRSP to CSP though (just a couple courses on OSHA and some local regs). My advice: Get both even if you plan on staying in Canada. Immensely valuable to all of the US companies that operate here (in all fields).

Get it and lock in a practicum with a reputable company and you're set.

I think the details should wait until we have settled the moral and economic questions surrounding the two-tier system.

Not all fringe benefits are efficient in the pursuit of fairness.

Fairness means nothing when you're holding a very sick 3 year old in emergency. You'd steal your best friend's place in line, given the chance.

Fairness, with regards to health care in Canada, means everyone dying in a nice, orderly fashion. Without jumping the queue.

Fairness means nothing when you're holding a very sick 3 year old in emergency. You'd steal your best friend's place in line, given the chance.

Fairness, with regards to health care in Canada, means everyone dying in a nice, orderly fashion. Without jumping the queue.

Fairness is about distributing the cares to allow social cooperation or at least social coexistence.