Harper's director of communications stepping down

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianp...XSBlEzkUJ1X4thQ

The prime minister's director of communications is stepping down.

Kory Teneycke confirmed Tuesday he'll be leaving the position he has held for the last year, although the reasons for the departure were unclear.

Teneycke took over from former communications chief Sandra Buckler, an unpopular figure among reporters in the parliamentary press gallery.

The revolving door continues.

I wonder why after just a year?

Edited by jdobbin

Teneycke took over from former communications chief Sandra Buckler, an unpopular figure among reporters in the parliamentary press gallery.

Every Conservative is an unpopular figure amoung most of the mainstream media in Canada. But especially when they're in power.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianp...XSBlEzkUJ1X4thQ

The revolving door continues.

I wonder why after just a year?

Maybe there's a scandal, right?

:rolleyes:

Every Conservative is an unpopular figure amoung most of the mainstream media in Canada. But especially when they're in power.

Teneycke was actually fairly popular unlike the taciturn Buckler who even Tory MPs complained about.

Maybe there's a scandal, right?

:rolleyes:

Actually, my thoughts were on the heavy restrictions placed on public servants from getting or doing government work after they leave office. It is a long time and I think it is keeping people from taking jobs or makes them leave office early so that they are not faced with some economic hardship after leaving office.

Edited by jdobbin

I will suggest that there is more to this than what meets the eye. I think "fired" would have been a more accurate use of terminology.

I highly doubt it.

More likely, it's tough to find a civilian who has the stomach to continue putting up with the overtly left-wing bias in our media.

I highly doubt it.

More likely, it's tough to find a civilian who has the stomach to continue putting up with the overtly left-wing bias in our media.

I highly doubt that even somebody as much of a goof as Harper couldn't find an employee to pay 120K plus a year to in todays environment. Aside from that, the media in this country has ALWAYS been left leaning and most of the morons that are shocked by this are the same ones that think it will be hard to replace a mouth piece for a right wing Prime Minister. The righties are not cheap, but they are for sale.

The word on the street says he has two young kids at home and his better half wasn't pleased with the 24-7 nature of the job...as good a theory as any.

On the otherhand there's been too many stories that they have lost control of and let the events dictate the agenda. The host things comes to mind the pride parade funding....a communications person should be better able to manage the news.

On the otherhand there's been too many stories that they have lost control of and let the events dictate the agenda. The host things comes to mind the pride parade funding....a communications person should be better able to manage the news.

There seems to be a lot of people with personal reasons for leaving the employ of Harpers government then.

The host thing? You mean where the Liberal Party Hacks called up the Publisher of a well-known left-wing Eastern newspaper with a Bogus Story, which Publisher then instructed his Editor to print the bullsh*t regardless of any facts? Now the Editor is fired, and the Publisher (who is the son of the owner who also happens to own most of the east coast) is on suspension, and the newspaper printed a Front Page Retraction? You mean that story?

:D

And please don't get me started on the Pride (shame) Parade...

Edited by OddSox

The host thing? You mean where the Liberal Party Hacks called up the Publisher of a well-known left-wing Eastern newspaper with a Bogus Story, which Publisher then instructed his Editor to print the bullsh*t regardless of any facts? Now the Editor is fired, and the Publisher (who is the son of the owner who also happens to own most of the east coast) is on suspension, and the newspaper printed a Front Page Retraction? You mean that story?

:D

And please don't get me started on the Pride (shame) Parade...

Yes exactly. Why these stories were given room to grow is beyond me.

The host thing? You mean where the Liberal Party Hacks called up the Publisher of a well-known left-wing Eastern newspaper with a Bogus Story, which Publisher then instructed his Editor to print the bullsh*t regardless of any facts?

Facts don't seem to concern some people. For example. Conservative Party Hacks have written little known posters of forums with a Bogus Story about how this all originated with Liberals.

a Bogus Story about how this all originated with Liberals.
CTV's Robert Fife reports this evening that it was the Liberal Party who concocted the false story of Prime Minister Stephen Harper pocketing a communion wafer at a Roman Catholic mass, and that these people within the Liberal Party delivered the story to a Liberal-friendly newspaper publisher, who then passed it down to a Liberal-friendly editor, who published the story under the byline of two professional reporters who had nothing to do with this.

Robert Fife's stunning report starts at the 10:15 mark in tonight's CTV News webcast:

"Lisa, most of us will remember the story that went all around the world about the prime minister apparently not eating the host when he was at the funeral of former governor general Romeo LeBlanc. That story was first published in the St John Telegraph Journal which is owned by the billionaire Irving family. The prime minister hit the roof. Well, today, a grovelling apology from the paper. They said the story was not true. So what happened? Well, I'm told that the Liberals passed the story to young Jamie Irving who was the publisher of the paper. He passed it to the editor who put it in the paper without checking it out, and today the editor has been fired, and Jamie's father has suspended his son for thirty days, and I'm told the prime minister is pretty thrilled with that."

http://stevejanke.com/archives/290239.php

Believing what Fife reported boils down to whether you think his source is credible. He was hot on the story when it first hit the media and followed the whiff of scandal, gladly piling on the PM along with the rest of the media. I wouldn't doubt he chased this information down, if only to preserve his access to the PMO and confidential Conservative sources.

Of course, if you believe the Liberals are incapable of such low down tactics, then Fife's revelation is bogus and complicit in shifting blame to the Liberals.

Of course, if you believe the Liberals are incapable of such low down tactics, then Fife's revelation is bogus and complicit in shifting blame to the Liberals.

I'd like to hear who told Fife that it was Liberals who passed on this info.