Canadian Defends Anti-Medicare Ad

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....Really, you are just embarassing yourself. All you have is a bitter experience for which you have clearly demonstrated you don't have proper details about nor any reasonable claim that under a US system you would have fared better.

Maybe, but now he has the opportunity to find out. That is the key difference.....

There should not be any bad stories, regardless of the out come, you should feel that our medical system did everything possible.

Our medical system is run by human beings that have to live within a budget, and to expect perfection is to be more than naive. Our system usually does do everything possible. That isn't always true, but it can't always be true, or the level of service that we provide now could never be maintained. In extraordinary circumstances like the one you experienced, things can go wrong and they can't always go as we'd like. It's terrible, but it happens because people make mistakes, and because we can't always be everything to everyone. All we can do is try.

4) "we have buercrats decided what kind and level of service you will get, and its pathetic.". Wrong. Under our system only doctors determine what healthcare we get. In the US system you need insurance approval or else its unaffordable and thats just those with insurance.

The main advantage of a single-payer system like ours is precisely that it allows to get rid of layers of very well-paid, corrupted, private-sector bureaucrats helping private insurers to escape their obligations towards their clients.

There should not be any bad stories, regardless of the out come, you should feel that our medical system did evrything possible.

Then there are no bad stories in the states eh? Every medical story is a happy outcome and all the stories about the uninsured all made up?

No denials of treatment for insurance reasons? No declaring bankruptcy for treatment?

You truly haven't thought this through have you?

Our medical system is run by human beings that have to live within a budget, and to expect perfection is to be more than naive. Our system usually does do everything possible. That isn't always true, but it can't always be true, or the level of service that we provide now could never be maintained. In extraordinary circumstances like the one you experienced, things can go wrong and they can't always go as we'd like. It's terrible, but it happens because people make mistakes, and because we can't always be everything to everyone. All we can do is try.

I can appreciate what you say, but until you've experienced it........

And I appreciate what happened to you and your family was terrible, but there are horror stories in every system. The reality is that overall, we have better outcomes than many places and we live longer than the people in most countries. We have to be doing something right.

Then there are no bad stories in the states eh? Every medical story is a happy outcome and all the stories about the uninsured all made up?

No denials of treatment for insurance reasons? No declaring bankruptcy for treatment?

You truly haven't thought this through have you?

I would much rather have the opportunity, and if it does happen to me, I have made sure to put the proper insurance in place to exercise that opportunity.

And I appreciate what happened to you and your family was terrible, but there are horror stories in every system. The reality is that overall, we have better outcomes than many places and we live longer than the people in most countries. We have to be doing something right.

It is being rationed more and more every year though, I don't know about Manitoba, but it is happening in Alberta. Stelmach has to go. Hopeffully the WAP can get their party together, they have become the great hope of the province.

I would much rather have the opportunity, and if it does happen to me, I have made sure to put the proper insurance in place to exercise that opportunity.

I'd much rather have in place a system that will care for me rich or poor with the same dedication and professionalism.

It is being rationed more and more every year though,

Is it though? Waits are down, and the number of health professionals and hospital beds are increasing as is the technology. I know that's a fact in both Manitoba and Alberta. In Manitoba, we do 5 times the number of advanced imaging scans that we did 10 years ago. Rural areas are a problem and they always will be, but in urban areas, excluding MRIs, things are doing quite good.

I'd much rather have in place a system that will care for me rich or poor with the same dedication and professionalism.

I have no such love or faith for a system where the policitians can make the choice about what is and isn't going to be covered by the provincial health care plan.

Guest TrueMetis
I have no such love or faith for a system where the policitians can make the choice about what is and isn't going to be covered by the provincial health care plan.

As opposed to a system were insurance companies who are only trying to make money decide?

Is it though? Waits are down, and the number of health professionals and hospital beds are increasing as is the technology. I know that's a fact in both Manitoba and Alberta. In Manitoba, we do 5 times the number of advanced imaging scans that we did 10 years ago. Rural areas are a problem and they always will be, but in urban areas, excluding MRIs, things are doing quite good.

Stelmachs super board was a flop, they are talking about closing hospitals and even one MLA was booted out of caucus for speaking on his constituents behalf over an anouced Long term care facility that was cancelled, because Ron Leipert decided it really wasn't needed.

The only province that i know of that is delisting services is yours, I'm sorry to say, and I know that most people are opposed to it. I really hope that the people of Alberta do something about it next time, but something tells me that whoever they elect will be worse in their support of the medicare.

As opposed to a system were insurance companies who are only trying to make money decide?

You can choose your coverage, you do not have a politician making the choice for you. If you don't like what one company offers, go to another.

Guest TrueMetis
You can choose your coverage, you do not have a politician making the choice for you. If you don't like what one company offers, go to another.

No you have someone who is only trying to make money decideing for you and that's no matter what insurance company you go with.