Obama Vs Obama On The Stimulus

But I can still contract fire protection, and do for a lake cabin ("cottage" in Canuckspeak). Private toll roads and bridges also exist. Health care professionals are not state slaves. No wonder Canuck doctors and nurses flee south.

Under the new health care reform you will be able to pay private insurance too.

Your utopian world rests rests upon the capital and sweat of economic growth, not communism.

Sudan is the free market all the way.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was plenty of an up hill fight for Tommy Douglas and the CCF at the time too but they did it. Guess what? People were so happy that the Liberals federally stole it pushed it threw and the rest is history.

Polls will come and go in next two days I bet their is another poll that says 75% of the people believe health care should be reformed tomorrow. This has to go threw and it will. There is too much of a push for it. It is happening, your guys will do their best to make sure it is watered down but when the Health care lobby has 2 million to spend a day on fighting it they really paint themselves into a corner. Either they are making too much and have money to throw around, or this is really scaring them.

If you don't put much value on polls, that's fine. But you're the one who originally cited a poll. So maybe you need to discuss things with yourself, and decide whether they're valuable or not. Perhaps they're only relevant when they only strengthen your agrument?

Anyways, on to fun facts about Tom Douglas...

1. He advocates for compulsory certificates of "mental and physical fitness."

2. He advocates for a 7 day public notice before marrying.

3. He advocates for putting "defectives" on a state farm, or in a colony where decisions could be made for them by a competent supervisor.

4. And his piece de resistance, sterilization of the mentally and physically defective.

"The subnormal family presents the most appalling of all family problems. "Because this class tend to intermarry... the second and third generations are nearly always worse than the first. The result is an ever increasing number of morons and imbeciles who continue to be a charge upon society." -- Tommy Douglas

"Sterilization of the mentally and physically defective has long been advocated, but only recently has it seeped into the public consciousness. From the day when Plato wrote his Republic to the present, eugenists have advanced various solutions to the problem of the defective, but sterilization seems to meet the requirements of the situation most aptly." -- Tommy Douglas

He is...the greatest Canadian. :blink:

If you don't put much value on polls, that's fine. But you're the one who originally cited a poll. So maybe you need to discuss things with yourself, and decide whether they're valuable or not. Perhaps they're only relevant when they only strengthen your agrument?

Anyways, on to fun facts about Tom Douglas...

1. He advocates for compulsory certificates of "mental and physical fitness."

2. He advocates for a 7 day public notice before marrying.

3. He advocates for putting "defectives" on a state farm, or in a colony where decisions could be made for them by a competent supervisor.

4. And his piece de resistance, sterilization of the mentally and physically defective.

"The subnormal family presents the most appalling of all family problems. "Because this class tend to intermarry... the second and third generations are nearly always worse than the first. The result is an ever increasing number of morons and imbeciles who continue to be a charge upon society." -- Tommy Douglas

"Sterilization of the mentally and physically defective has long been advocated, but only recently has it seeped into the public consciousness. From the day when Plato wrote his Republic to the present, eugenists have advanced various solutions to the problem of the defective, but sterilization seems to meet the requirements of the situation most aptly." -- Tommy Douglas

He is...the greatest Canadian. :blink:

You guys keep bringing it up and I keep knocking it down. There was only two governments that sterilized people in Canada. The Liberals in BC, and the United Farmers (who went to become the Social Creds who went to be the reform, who went to be the Conservatives) in Alberta. Although the CCF did bring the legislation to Tommy twice both times shot it down saying "these are the people who need our help the most and I intend on giving it too them."

He then went to make sure that the mentally ill were the first to get space in treatment facilities, under his new Medicare, and funded things other provinces neglected. Yah that is our greatest Canadian.

I noticed you forgot Winston Churchill's statements about eugenics, and Teddy Roosevelt's as well? You don't like them either?

Although the CCF did bring the legislation to Tommy twice both times shot it down

Yeah, he shot them down after seeing what type of evil his kind of theories could lead to (ie Nazi Germany). You don't get props for being sane.

I noticed you forgot Winston Churchill's statements about eugenics, and Teddy Roosevelt's as well? You don't like them either?

Which statements?

Yeah, he shot them down after seeing what type of evil his kind of theories could lead to (ie Nazi Germany). You don't get props for being sane.

Yeah while 22 states and 2 provinces were passing the legislation, Tommy was showing he felt it was wrong. I think he gets props for that.

Which statements?

"the multiplication of the feeble minded is a very dangerous thing to the Human race"-Chruchill as a delegate of the First conference on eugenics 1912

"Society has no business to permit degenerates to reproduce their kind.... Some day we will realize that the prime duty, the inescapable duty of the good citizen of the right type is to leave his blood behind him in the world, and that we have no business to perpetuate citizens of the wrong type."-Teddy Roosevelt

History is a funny thing you remember Tommy's dabble in eugenics but you forget Winston Churchill and Teddy Roosevelt. I wonder why that is?

Yeah while 22 states and 2 provinces were passing the legislation

Yep. The leftwingers were definitely on the march at the time.

Tommy was showing he felt it was wrong. I think he gets props for that.

Did he ever specifically say he was wrong? It'd be nice if he apologized for such an abhorrent opinion.

"the multiplication of the feeble minded is a very dangerous thing to the Human race"-Chruchill as a delegate of the First conference on eugenics 1912

"Society has no business to permit degenerates to reproduce their kind.... Some day we will realize that the prime duty, the inescapable duty of the good citizen of the right type is to leave his blood behind him in the world, and that we have no business to perpetuate citizens of the wrong type."-Teddy Roosevelt

History is a funny thing you remember Tommy's dabble in eugenics but you forget Winston Churchill and Teddy Roosevelt. I wonder why that is?

Any similar views of Tom Douglas, held by anyone else, no matter who, is equally despicable.

Yep. The leftwingers were definitely on the march at the time.

Most of those were in Conservative states. It was in Alberta the party who went on to be the Soc creds who did it there.

Did he ever specifically say he was wrong? It'd be nice if he apologized for such an abhorrent opinion.

He did you one better. He actually took care of those he once said should be sterilized. I am sure those who were taken care of were happy about it.

Any similar views of Tom Douglas, held by anyone else, no matter who, is equally despicable.

At least one can not call you hypocrite so question why did Bush's Dad government fund sterilization programs in Mexico?

Irrelevant.....Tommy Douglas went them one better.....COMMUNIST! God...not that!

Tommy was never a Communist, in fact the CCF weeded out the Commies in the 40s. History seems to escape you. I know republicans are ones to rewrite history to make themselves look good but are now just being silly.

Tommy was never a Communist, in fact the CCF weeded out the Commies in the 40s. History seems to escape you. I know republicans are ones to rewrite history to make themselves look good but are now just being silly.

I don't beleive your commie lies. RCMP says he was a commie, so it must be true.