Why many Canadian people have inaccurate knowledge of China

Yes Bire we do get some wonderful Chinese immigrants here. They are productive people and persue their dreams in freedom. How did this come about? It was because Canadians of yesterday made it possible. You know the ones. Some are buried in Hong Kong fighting the Japanese. And yes they were mostly European descent Canadians. Millions have been killed in peacetime in Mao`s China. That is fact . Yes peace time ,just like in Russia. Communism does nothing for the people. democracy allows freedom to succeed.

1st, it is lie that Mao kill millions of people.

2nd, thousands of kids being killed in residential school in peace time.

3rd, Death is death, no matter peace time or war time, the war was start when European came to this land. We have no technology to recover a dead man.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not the reason your European kill them. and they did not kill 90% of their own people.

Can a murder say he did it ok because other kills?

Chinese people come here not for kill others. They won't kill 90% European people. Because they are the people have moral.

You really are clueless aren't you? You honestly believe the drivel you type? Tell me who is controlled when you cannot even admit the atrocities your own people committed against your own people? Talking about the flaws of others doesn't negate or excuse the flaws in you or your country of origin. Have my European ancestors committed crimes against humanity and against their own people. Absolutely they have. Have they done so in modern times? Not in the least. The problems in China are STILL happening. When was the last time you heard about a European attempt to purge the natives?

You bring up the war in Iraq a lot as well as Vietnam. Immaterial in this discussion as Canada was not involved in either war. Further to the point war is a completely different creature. People die on both sides in war that's the nature of the beast. Both sides are armed and able to defend themselves, yes civilians get caught in the cross fire but are rarely attacked directly. It's not natural to go about killing your own citizens. If you're citizens are afraid to speak their mind for fear of reprisal that is a crime against humanity. You mentioned in China you can argue with an officer. Tell me could you in China post all the nasty things you do if they were about China? Do you think you would even be allowed to post anything negative about China or its government? Or would you be hauled off to a "re-education" camp like so many Tibetans? In Canada you have the right to say what you want even if it is negative, you should be grateful for that right.

Until you admit that your ancestors and current government have and do commit crimes against its own people you have nothing relevant to say. You can't be taken seriously or as an objective person if you can't see flaws in yourself or your people. I can see them in Canada and myself, and most people on this forum can. Many times my view has changed or been adjusted because of something another poster has said. You will not change, because you believe you are without flaw and are therefore unable to accept that fact that you are not always correct.

1st, it is lie that Mao kill millions of people.

3rd, Death is death, no matter peace time or war time, the war was start when European came to this land. We have no technology to recover a dead man.

1st Produce evidence and citations that demonstrate Mao did not kill people. There are a myriad of articles stating he did many have been cited. Please provide citation to back up your claim.

2nd Thousands of Chinese girls are abandoned, aborted or killed at birth each year because of the one child policy. As such many adoption agencies have been setup to rescue Chinese girls, many are adopted by Canadians. The result has been a vast gender imbalance in China which cannot occur from natural causes.

3rd War and peace times are very different. Life can't be restored no but killing someone who has an equal chance of killing you is very different than, killing a Chinese child because she is a girl or killing your own citizens to ensure obedience. Obedience it what you refer to as "peace" by the way.

I await your reply which will undoubtly contain nothing but denail, deflection and statements such as "you're an evil media controlled robot".

You really are clueless aren't you? You honestly believe the drivel you type? Tell me who is controlled when you cannot even admit the atrocities your own people committed against your own people? Talking about the flaws of others doesn't negate or excuse the flaws in you or your country of origin. Have my European ancestors committed crimes against humanity and against their own people. Absolutely they have. Have they done so in modern times? Not in the least. The problems in China are STILL happening. When was the last time you heard about a European attempt to purge the natives?

You bring up the war in Iraq a lot as well as Vietnam. Immaterial in this discussion as Canada was not involved in either war. Further to the point war is a completely different creature. People die on both sides in war that's the nature of the beast. Both sides are armed and able to defend themselves, yes civilians get caught in the cross fire but are rarely attacked directly. It's not natural to go about killing your own citizens. If you're citizens are afraid to speak their mind for fear of reprisal that is a crime against humanity. You mentioned in China you can argue with an officer. Tell me could you in China post all the nasty things you do if they were about China? Do you think you would even be allowed to post anything negative about China or its government? Or would you be hauled off to a "re-education" camp like so many Tibetans? In Canada you have the right to say what you want even if it is negative, you should be grateful for that right.

Until you admit that your ancestors and current government have and do commit crimes against its own people you have nothing relevant to say. You can't be taken seriously or as an objective person if you can't see flaws in yourself or your people. I can see them in Canada and myself, and most people on this forum can. Many times my view has changed or been adjusted because of something another poster has said. You will not change, because you believe you are without flaw and are therefore unable to accept that fact that you are not always correct.

I have the ability to correct my error, the following link is an example:

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index....st&p=429156

And the post #26 of this thread.

But I need not to admit lies.

"you're an evil media controlled robot".

I would like to consider if this description you give to yourself is 100% suitable for you.

That is not the reason your European kill them. and they did not kill 90% of their own people.

Can a murder say he did it ok because other kills?

Yes....you seem to have a very selective history.

Chinese people come here not for kill others. They won't kill 90% European people. Because they are the people have moral.

Britons, Australians, Indians, Canadians and Americans died defending China during WW2......when did China return the favor? Chinese morals only good for killing each other?

Britons, Australians, Indians, Canadians and Americans died defending China during WW2......when did China return the favor? Chinese morals only good for killing each other?

How many Chinese people were killed by Britons, Australians, Indians, Canadians and Americans around 1848 and following years?

I have the ability to correct my error, the following link is an example:

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index....st&p=429156

And the post #26 of this thread.

But I need not to admit lies.

I would like to consider if this description you give to yourself is 100% suitable for you.

Again where is the substance of your post. You address nothing. Name calling is also quite immature and further serves to prove my point that you can't engage in discourse or debate without either deflecting or insulting.

2nd Thousands of Chinese girls are abandoned, aborted or killed at birth each year because of the one child policy. As such many adoption agencies have been setup to rescue Chinese girls, many are adopted by Canadians. The result has been a vast gender imbalance in China which cannot occur from natural causes.

If China don't control birth, after some years, maybe half of the earth's population will be Chinese, is that the result you want?

It is great the there are adoption agencies, however, China can raise those girls if the agencies does not exist.

It seems that you did not notice my question above.

One has to wonder why so many Chinese risk their lives to escape Red China in the holds of rusty ships to come to North America ? Then there is the Falun Gong worshippers! Freedom of religion is not exactly a right in Red China is it? If I want to go to China I get my passport and an airline ticket and I go. I don`t have to get permission from some Party official. I hardly think Chinese tourists prefer leaky rusty boats. Get real Biri , your people are not much more than prisoners of the state. No freedom of thought,movement or religion.

Where did that number come from?

Now please explain the great Chinese contributions to world peace.

Chinese people did not invade other nations, even when it was the strongest in the world for centuries. Many other nations invade China even win the war, they becomes part of China and the people gradually accept the Chinese classic philosophy, for example "Forgive others but not yourself" Until British comes with opium。

I think they are still trying to figure out how to invade tiny Taiwan.

Taiwan was part of Chinese for very long history long before Holland invade it in the year 16xx. The people there are Chinese. China will not give up force because western countries give them weapons.

That's a good choice, although I think education is more important than democracy because only there are many politicians who are willing to work for peace and for people and who have the ability to do so will democracy be useful.

Too bad none of them are Chinese.

Where did that number come from?

...my ass. :lol:

Chinese people did not invade other nations, even when it was the strongest in the world for centuries. Many other nations invade China even win the war, they becomes part of China and the people gradually accept the Chinese classic philosophy, for example "Forgive others but not yourself" Until British comes with opium。

No kidding...China only cares about itself.....how many Chinese soldiers are buried at Normandy?

Taiwan was part of Chinese for very long history long before Holland invade it in the year 16xx. The people there are Chinese. China will not give up force because western countries give them weapons.

Too bad....things change. Even for China...deal with it.

If China don't control birth, after some years, maybe half of the earth's population will be Chinese, is that the result you want?

It is great the there are adoption agencies, however, China can raise those girls if the agencies does not exist.

It seems that you did not notice my question above.

Of course they need to control the population but is this the proper way to go about it? Is controlling the population ok if you abandon/abort/kill the child simply because of gender? Is a male more valuable than a female? Is this the attitude that you yourself ascribe to?

Here's are some articles your sure to not read.

http://research-china.blogspot.com/2005/10...d-in-china.html

http://www.zmag.org/znet/viewArticle/5250

and here's an exerpt from it because I know you won't follow the links.

Missing girls

Recent studies suggest that over 40 million girls and women are 'missing' in China (Klasen and Wink 2003). The problem was driven home in various ways. One article stressed the "frustrations of as many as 40 million single men by 2020."[1] A major book has warned of the impending danger of social and political instability stemming from a surfeit of young men with no prospects of marriage (Hudson and den Boer 2004). Reports from specific places illustrate the concern. The city of Guiyang in southwest China had 129 male babies born for every 100 female babies. Guiyang banned abortions after 14 weeks of pregnancy in January 2005. A large street banner bluntly proclaimed, "Firmly crack down on the criminal activity of drowning and other ways of brutally killing female babies." But a clinic down the street advertised ultrasound tests, allowing people to choose methods other than drowning daughters.[2]

Indeed China does "Take care" of these girls. 40,000,000 "missing" girls, guess that kind of dwarfs you CAS figures huh? But I'm certain you'll deny the truth and simply call this a lie even though there are by the Chinese government’s own estimates approx 30% more boys born then girls. A phenomenon that is unique to China, how very odd.

You still haven't answered my question. Why do you remain in Canada since China is so perfect?

Of course they need to control the population but is this the proper way to go about it? Is controlling the population ok if you abandon/abort/kill the child simply because of gender? Is a male more valuable than a female? Is this the attitude that you yourself ascribe to?

What you mentioned are crimes, there are cops in China just like in Canada. They will deal with that.

Here's are some articles your sure to not read.

http://research-china.blogspot.com/2005/10...d-in-china.html

http://www.zmag.org/znet/viewArticle/5250

and here's an exerpt from it because I know you won't follow the links.

Indeed China does "Take care" of these girls. 40,000,000 "missing" girls, guess that kind of dwarfs you CAS figures huh? But I'm certain you'll deny the truth and simply call this a lie even though there are by the Chinese government’s own estimates approx 30% more boys born then girls. A phenomenon that is unique to China, how very odd.

Are you kidding? 40Million girls missing, more than the population of Canada. Absolutely Lie.

If it was true, and you are so kind, you should invite them all come to Canada.

Another shining example of how well China takes "care" of it's abandoned and disabled children. Again your CAS post pale in comparison to this.

http://www.achildsdesire.org/chinaadopt.htm

The victims are neither the political activists nor the religious dissidents who dominate the international debate over human rights in the People’s Republic; they are orphans and abandoned children in custodial institutions run by China’s Ministry of Civil Affairs. This report documents the pattern of cruelty, abuse, and malign neglect which has dominated child welfare work in China since the early 1950s, and which now constitutes one of the country’s gravest human rights problems.

There are over 15 million orphans in China. Most are healthy young girls, abandoned due to China's one child per family law. Although there are some missionary ran orphanages in China which are very good, most orphans end up in an institution with the mentally insane or in a state ran orphanage. Evidence shows that doctors systematically mis-diagnose mental illness in order to move children into mental institutions where they are literally neglected to death.

Others are neglected to the point of death within the state orphanages. Human Rights Watch explains how this happens.

Medical records and testimony obtained by Human Rights Watch/Asia show that deaths at the Shanghai orphanage were in many cases deliberate and cruel.

More lies I suppose? CAS is evil but if China does it, it's either ok, or if I know you bjre "it never happened"

What you mentioned are crimes, there are cops in China just like in Canada. They will deal with that.

Are you kidding? 40Million girls missing, more than the population of Canada. Absolutely Lie.

If it was true, and you are so kind, you should invite them all come to Canada.

I'm not kidding these are not my figures, these are figures from the articles I linke which clearly you neglected to read. It's the "kindness" of China that is in question here.

Care to explain why there are so many missing? 40million is a lot but in the context of roughly 1.3 billion in the country that's roughly 3% of the population. I was under the impression that China "took care" of their children better than we evil westerners do. Guess I was mistaken.

Another shining example of how well China takes "care" of it's abandoned and disabled children. Again your CAS post pale in comparison to this.

http://www.achildsdesire.org/chinaadopt.htm

More lies I suppose? CAS is evil but if China does it, it's either ok, or if I know you bjre "it never happened"

Dirty political lies, in 1950 there was no one child policy, government even encourage people to have more children at that time.

I'm not kidding these are not my figures, these are figures from the articles I linke which clearly you neglected to read. It's the "kindness" of China that is in question here.

Care to explain why there are so many missing? 40million is a lot but in the context of roughly 1.3 billion in the country that's roughly 3% of the population. I was under the impression that China "took care" of their children better than we evil westerners do. Guess I was mistaken.

Lie is Lie, even after you did some calculation.

Lie is Lie, even after you did some calculation.

I assume you have evidence to support your suposition? I look forward to reading the evidence to back up your opinions but I doubt you'll be able to produce it. You're awefully quick to produce articles against the west. Simply stating that they are lies doesn't make it so. I have produced evidence with citation to back up my position. Can you do the same?