The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!

The Russians are our friends the way Paul Bernardo was Kristin French's friend.

The Russians HAVE no friends. They're a predatory animal with no ethics, values or restraint other than fear of getting slapped down by the Americans.

Take it up with NATO

The 26 Allies and Russia work together as equal partners in the NATO-Russia Council (NRC), which was established in 2002. The NRC provides a framework for consultation on current security issues and practical cooperation in a wide range of areas of common interest. Its agenda builds on the basis for bilateral cooperation that was set out in the 1997 NATO-Russia Founding Act.

And the United States

Historic Opportunity For U.S.-Russia Relations

The Russian president is full of determination to pursue a wide diplomatic agenda – from coping with the global financial crisis to mending fences with the new us administration

The Cold War is Over. We just have to teach Peter Mckay how to read. He got stuck on the big words when NORAD informed us of the routine exercises of Russian planes near our airspace. I'm going to tell NORAD to make sure they don't use words of more than one syllable next time.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it up with NATO

The 26 Allies and Russia work together as equal partners in the NATO-Russia Council (NRC), which was established in 2002. The NRC provides a framework for consultation on current security issues and practical cooperation in a wide range of areas of common interest. Its agenda builds on the basis for bilateral cooperation that was set out in the 1997 NATO-Russia Founding Act.

And the United States

Historic Opportunity For U.S.-Russia Relations

The Russian president is full of determination to pursue a wide diplomatic agenda – from coping with the global financial crisis to mending fences with the new us administration

The Cold War is Over. We just have to teach Peter Mckay how to read. He got stuck on the big words when NORAD informed us of the routine exercises of Russian planes near our airspace. I'm going to tell NORAD to make sure they don't use words of more than one syllable next time.

The Russian's also sat on the security council in the UN aafter world war two. That didn't make them any friendlier and they were our allies at that time.

Edited by Alta4ever

The Russian Federation is a permanent member of the Security Council.

NO duh....but I was pointing out that being a part of some world political organization with the west did not make them any friendlier to us. I was pointing out that the NRC is just the same thing, because they work with us on the odd thing doesn't make them friendly.

Russia are part of NATO as per the NATO-Russia Council

No they are not. The name alone ought to tell you that. The council is merely a tool to communication between NATO and Russia - and is in the process of dying anyway now that the Russians have decided to start turning into the evil Bolsheviks again.

Russia is indeed a friend and ally, despite McKay's ridiculous and fabricated attempt to sound tough.

The Russian government is a vicious, murderous gang of corrupt former KGB operatives and are friends to no one. Russia has ceased being a democratic state of any kind, and is the world's most powerful Kleptocracy.

China another friend and ally

What can one say? With friends like this we quite literally don't need enemies.

You don't get out much, do you?

Some people are still stuck in Cold War mentality. The Russians are our friends, now. It's a good thing, because diplomacy is the only way we're going to achieve any power in the Arctic. I see a tall guy with a Russian sweater and hand on the head of a 98 pound weakling in a Canadain sweater, puching frantically, but landing nothing. This is not an issue for our military, because we really have none compared to Russia and the U.S.; the two largest competitors for the oil in the region. Sit back, shut up, and they'll look after us. Just make sure you lock Peter McKay in his room.

lol............you must be joking!! Russia was...is and always will be the enemy,if they thought they could get away with a first strike they would not wait one second! Ivan is the evil brute it always was!

Not much but I can read, and I know that the U.S. is very interested in China and Russia as allies. We should be too.

Nato allies agree to restore ties to Russia

U.S. scholar: U.S.-China ties grounded in common interest of stability

China is interested in stability and expansion if so possible...so much so that they are buying up real estate in every nation they hope to inhabit in time. They think in terms of generations..and in time they will inhabit most of the earth - they have the population and it must go somewhere...As for Russia - it was corrupt under the soviets - and now is ten times as sleazy..You want enemies that are crimminally minded as "allies"? If so then you are of the same fabric.

lol............you must be joking!! Russia was...is and always will be the enemy,if they thought they could get away with a first strike they would not wait one second! Ivan is the evil brute it always was!

Well they are becoming allies in Afghanistan, in part by providing a safer route for U.S. troops than Pakistan.

US opens route to Afghanistan through Russia's backyard

Time will tell if it works, but I don't look on Russia as the enemy, nor I'm sure do most Canadians.

Look at that former toturing KGB Putin. He is not of the old Christian aristocracy....he is genetically pre-disposed to cool and ambitious hooliganism. You may have been able to reason with the Russians 160 years ago when they were Christian based..but now they can never be trusted..all of their leadership has a mafia mentality. I was raised by a Russian father born in 1910 ...he was given his values by his father born in the 1800s..Both had honour...Now if I meant a recent arrival from Russia who was spawned under the Godless soviets...I have nothing in common - they are not my people.

Not much but I can read, and I know that the U.S. is very interested in China and Russia as allies. We should be too.

Nato allies agree to restore ties to Russia

U.S. scholar: U.S.-China ties grounded in common interest of stability

they aren't interested as allies, nor are china and Russia, its about politics and passage. The Americans have also made their beds, they are very much reliant on the chinese and russians, and that amounts to power. China taking on so much us debt and manufactuing holds power over the USA. Russia denied foreign military bases to the americans asserting their control and power over american foreign policy it means america will have to bend to Russian will. That is not something allies do.

they aren't interested as allies, nor are china and Russia, its about politics and passage. The Americans have also made their beds, they are very much reliant on the chinese and russians, and that amounts to power. China taking on so much us debt and manufactuing holds power over the USA. Russia denied foreign military bases to the americans asserting their control and power over american foreign policy it means america will have to bend to Russian will. That is not something allies do.

Its a power play between gangsters..using the fancey word "allie" does not legitimate the fact that you are dealing with hardened crooks who would drop a nuetron bomb on your head and not flinch.

China and Russia have proposed the creation of a new international currency. Right now the USA thinks it is too big of a gift to accept. Indeed, a new currency could relieve the USA of all its financial obligations toward the World.

Well they are becoming allies in Afghanistan, in part by providing a safer route for U.S. troops than Pakistan.

Time will tell if it works, but I don't look on Russia as the enemy, nor I'm sure do most Canadians.

Well you better think again........does this sound like a friendly Russia?

http://www.underthecarpet.co.uk/Pages/News...le.php?num=4011

The smart ones do. Your own cite said NOTHING whatsoever about Russia being an ally of any kind. Instead if focused on the US trying to open up new supply routes to Afghanistan. Why? I bet that idea never even entered your mind, did it? I bet you didn't even notice in your own cite where it said Last month, meanwhile, Kyrgyzstan announced it was also shutting its US airbase in Manas, named after a legendary Kyrgyz hero who rode a winged horse and performed amazing feats. The base near the Kyrgyz capital, Bishkek, is the US's last outpost in Central Asia, and is a vital supply point for ferrying US troops and supplies to nearby Afghanistan.

Kyrgyzstan's president announced the base's closure in Moscow hours after meeting Russia's president, Dmitry Medvedev, who offered him a $2bn loan

Do you really think that a country which puts pressure on a third country, and gives them a multi-billion dollar "loan" to close down a very important air base, is an ally of the US?

Edited by Argus