If You Have Ever Voted Liberal, NOW Is The Time

to rebound and get energized. Do a workout, eat a hearty meal and drink some coffee, roll up your sleeves.

We all know the Zombie like trance Cons get into when defending their ultra-rightwing dogma, so all NON-Cons will have to fight harder than ever, or Canada will be full Conservativized, with a HUGE Con majority, yearning for those fabulous Bush years, and looking to DELIVER those Bush years (including their Republican-style war on drugs) to all of Canada, Coast To Coast.

It seems alarmist on the surface, but beneath the surface of Harper's pasted smile and robotic glare is the Neo-Con of the North, and all of his rhetoric conceals the true agenda which would be unleashed if they actually got a clear majority.

NDP'ers should get moving and vote for THEIR party of choice, the benevolent NDP. Support them financially.

All Liberals should vote Liberal. Support them financially.

All Greens should pick either the NDP or the Liberals to vote for, as zero Green seats is the inevitable outcome without proportional representation.

Demand an election, and vote to defeat Harper. Support a 3-party coalition... whichever is most practical is what will be done.

Edited by KingIggy

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KI is smokin' the weed again. Voted Liberal all our lives but the lying/cheating/ stealing and social engineering got the best of us.

Not a huge fan of Harper but he's the lessor of evils, time to get out the chequebook and door knocking shoes. Its vote for the Cons or nobody else.

to rebound and get energized. Do a workout, eat a hearty meal and drink some coffee, roll up your sleeves.

We all know the Zombie like trance Cons get into when defending their ultra-rightwing dogma, so all NON-Cons will have to fight harder than ever, or Canada will be full Conservativized, with a HUGE Con majority, yearning for those fabulous Bush years, and looking to DELIVER those Bush years (including their Republican-style war on drugs) to all of Canada, Coast To Coast.

It seems alarmist on the surface, but beneath the surface of Harper's pasted smile and robotic glare is the Neo-Con of the North, and all of his rhetoric conceals the true agenda which would be unleashed if they actually got a clear majority.

NDP'ers should get moving and vote for THEIR party of choice, the benevolent NDP. Support them financially.

All Liberals should vote Liberal. Support them financially.

All Greens should pick either the NDP or the Liberals to vote for, as zero Green seats is the inevitable outcome without proportional representation.

Demand an election, and vote to defeat Harper. Support a 3-party coalition... whichever is most practical is what will be done.

Dude; People will vote for policy, not name. Although I am afraid there is a certain blind honor to a certain party with many people. A 3-party coalition sounds a little more ideological than practical. A coalition with an unrepresented party?...?? Also, P.S.: One should never vote solely to oust a certain leader. I think there must be trust involved in one's decisions every time. The alternative must be faithfully distinguished in one's eyes to warrant a vote. If your only interest is to oust Harper then abstain! For your new leader could step off the pedestal on which you have put him.

Edited by Yorkness

A vote for Harper is a vote to put someone in prison for 6 months for growing 1 pot plant. This, while Cons get to consume triple rye & cokes, megadose on pharmaceuticals and chain-smoke tobacco (Harper was dangling truckloads of cash in front of Tobacco farmers last election). Rightwing, hypocritical maniacs.... TRIPLE HARD DRUG USERS/PUSHERS.

Anyone who votes for Harper is by definition a rightwing maniac delivering Republican style policies to Canada. Anyone who votes for Harper is voting to turn Canada into a veritable rightwing shithole. ALL Harper voters are Fascist Neo-Cons. If you disagree, then you a blind, repressive rightwing maniac.

A plague on all their houses! I lean left, way left, and I'd hoped that the Liberals, in particular Michael Ignatieff, would be an alternative to Harper and the Conservatives. But under Ignatieff, I can't tell the difference any more.

There is no daylight between Harper and Ignatieff. Their only vision of Canada is "Me! Me! Pick me!". Ignatieff supported every aspect of Harper's budget. The rest of his silliness about demanding accountability was, just that, silliness.

Just as I don't believe a word Harper says, I don't believe Ignatieff or the Liberals.

As scary as it is, I really don't care anymore. Let's just get a majority and "f**k" the country, so everybody can get a dose of reality.

Edited by Barts

The problem with Canada is its close proximity to the USA. We only ever seem to compare ourselves to them so its very obvious we are going to gradually shift to the right(which we have been doing in the past few decades). I have seen third world countries with superior education and health care systems to our own. Our blindness to anything other than what our neighbours to the south are doing is shameful. It is hurting our nation and the welfare of our people.

I just wish people would stop comparing our education and health care system to the USAs. Their health care and education are notorious world-wide for being terrible overall. We should seriously compare ourselves to most European nations which usually do better than us in both health and education care.

Canada is a huge nation with relatively few well educated people and tons of natural resources at our disposal. Its surprising we are not wealthier than we currently are.

I think there must be trust involved in one's decisions every time. The alternative must be faithfully distinguished in one's eyes to warrant a vote. If your only interest is to oust Harper then abstain! For your new leader could step off the pedestal on which you have put him.

I'm voting Liberal this time and offering financial support as much as possible. Not simply because I know that Stephen Harper is the worst Prime Minister this country has ever had, but because I respect Michael Ignatieff's experience and intellect.

He's polling well, so the Cons are going on the attack. This shows that they no longer have confidence in their own abilities, and now that even more Canadians share that view, they must find some way to convince us that Ignatieff is no better than them. The lesser of two evils? Now that's inspiring.

As scary as it is, I really don't care anymore. Let's just get a majority and "f**k" the country, so everybody can get a dose of reality.

That's what negative campaigning does. Rush Limbaugh is now the voice of the Republican Party and yesterday he claimed that he wanted the U.S. to fail, just to prove a point. Can you imagine rooting for your country to fail?

I don't want Canada to fail. Harper had his chance and failed. We need to at least let someone else try, because on the current path we're only going down.

That's what negative campaigning does. Rush Limbaugh is now the voice of the Republican Party and yesterday he claimed that he wanted the U.S. to fail, just to prove a point. Can you imagine rooting for your country to fail?

Yes....the American Democratic Party wanted America to fail as well...just to prove a point. Limbaugh is a well paid entertainer, but has never held elected office.

I don't want Canada to fail. Harper had his chance and failed. We need to at least let someone else try, because on the current path we're only going down.

Don't worry....Republicans and Democrats live mostly outside of Canada.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Canada is a huge nation with relatively few well educated people and tons of natural resources at our disposal. Its surprising we are not wealthier than we currently are.

Even Americans are abandoning the Right and Obama proved that they were in desperate need of change. The so-called Right's glory days are over. Common sense and intellect will win out here too.

As Republicans scramble for any kind of legitimacy, it seems the only way thay can hold onto any support is to agree with the new president.

"And the cracks in the facade appear to be the first public signal of Republican rank-and-file squeamishness with a remarkably high-risk strategy that promises an uncertain return. For Republicans, a central question looms: Is saying no to Obama’s agenda the way to get voters to say yes to an already beleaguered GOP brand?"

Canadians love Obama. He is not right wing and could very well pull us back to the left (not that we ever really left there). Ignatieff is our Obama. Harper was our George Bush.

I've listen to Rush for alot of years and he's Republican all the way. He's probably peeve off cause he's going to have to pay back all the thousand of tax dollars the Bush era gave him!! What is wrong with the Conservatives is they are inexperience and immature gang of people, that is doing on the job-training while running a government in a global crisis!! How many of them that are ministers have held a minister job provincially? Three from Ontario, I guess.

Even Americans are abandoning the Right and Obama proved that they were in desperate need of change. The so-called Right's glory days are over. Common sense and intellect will win out here too.

Except for continuing policies for Iraq, escalation in Afghanistan, POW rights, etc.

Canadians love Obama. He is not right wing and could very well pull us back to the left (not that we ever really left there). Ignatieff is our Obama. Harper was our George Bush.

Inatieff is not the Prime Minister, but he would make a fine poodle for Obama.

A plague on all their houses! I lean left, way left, and I'd hoped that the Liberals, in particular Michael Ignatieff, would be an alternative to Harper and the Conservatives. But under Ignatieff, I can't tell the difference any more.

There is no daylight between Harper and Ignatieff. Their only vision of Canada is "Me! Me! Pick me!". Ignatieff supported every aspect of Harper's budget. The rest of his silliness about demanding accountability was, just that, silliness.

Just as I don't believe a word Harper says, I don't believe Ignatieff or the Liberals.

You should vote NDP. PROUDLY.

Proud, because you helped defeat Neo-Con Harper.

You should vote NDP. PROUDLY.

Proud, because you helped defeat Neo-Con Harper.

I voted NDP in 2004 and 2006, but Layton is getting boring. They need a new leader too. Pat Martin would be very good.

I voted Liberal in 2008 as part of strategic voting, but next election will be proudly voting Liberal.

Except for continuing policies for Iraq, escalation in Afghanistan, POW rights, etc.

Inatieff is not the Prime Minister, but he would make a fine poodle for Obama.

I'd rather be a poodle for Obama than a dog in heat for Bush.

Obama now has an exit strategy for Iraq, and a real plan for Afghanistan. Finally.

Americans no longer have to hang their heads.

We all know the Zombie like trance Cons get into when defending their ultra-rightwing dogma,

Ultra-right wing dogma? They don't appear to even have any moderately right wing dogma these days. What are you smoking anyway?

It seems alarmist on the surface,

No, just stupid. And when I looked beneath the surface, there was even more stupid there.

Yeah, the problem is the dippers want to be benevolent with other people's money. More specifically, they want to be benevolent with MY money.

One only needs to see the massive waste on the part of local councils - all of which seem to be pretty left of centre - to realize just what massive waste we'd see if the dippers ever got into power federally.

Edited by Argus

Anyone who votes for Harper is by definition a rightwing maniac delivering Republican style policies to Canada. Anyone who votes for Harper is voting to turn Canada into a veritable rightwing shithole. ALL Harper voters are Fascist Neo-Cons. If you disagree, then you a blind, repressive rightwing maniac.

Do you really want the sponsorship scandal gang back to power?

I voted NDP in 2004 and 2006, but Layton is getting boring. They need a new leader too. Pat Martin would be very good.

I voted Liberal in 2008 as part of strategic voting, but next election will be proudly voting Liberal.

So we can see just how 'conservative' a Progressive Tory is - voting for Jack Layton. Uhmmmmmm.

Why don't you change your moniker? It's sounding sillier every day.

Do you really want the sponsorship scandal gang back to power?

The sponsorship scandal has been dealt with and only gets dusted off when Harper fans have run out of ideas.

The "In and Out" is here and now and Airbus has resurfaced. Conservatives remind us everyday that Ignatieff wasn't around during that time, just as Harper is trying to distance himself from Mulroney.

Neither Ignatieff or Harper were involved then and only Harper is involved with scandal now. He paid to make the Cadman affair disappear, but he won't buy his way out of this one. Forging receipts to get money you aren't entitled to, is against the law.

Yeah. True.

He only needs to be old enough to remember the "In and Out" and Cadman.

Stockwell Day reminds us every time he opens his mouth that ignatieff was just finishing up 30 years (based on 4 + 5) so was an 'American' during the sponsorship scandal. It's getting old and tired, just like Stocky himself.

The sponsorship scandal has been dealt with and only gets dusted off when Harper fans have run out of ideas.

You mistake legitimate indignation for political manoeuvring if you think we've forgiven the Liberals for sponsorship.

Because it was never dealt with. A few underlings were convicted, but the people in charge at the PMO, including the Prime Minister - Chretien, and in all likelihood his Quebec lieutenant, Dion, were not sent to prison as they ought to have been.

The Liberal party is infested with dozens of corrupt, venal, self-serving vermin, most of them in the upper echelons, many of who were deeply involved with sponsorship and other corrupt practices, and who continue to control the party.