MP accuses Tories of campaign to discredit

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/581845

Bill Casey said in the House of Commons today he learned only last week from a copy of a confidential RCMP briefing note that unidentified Conservatives approached RCMP detachments in his riding with the allegations during the federal election last fall.

The former Conservative MP said the claims of wrongdoing centred on $30,000 his riding association transferred to a bank account established for his re-election campaign in late May 2007 as the party braced for a possible snap election call.

Looks like the dirty tricks squad is back at it again.

It's important to note that the Conservative Party of Canada long ago acknowledged that Casey paid back all of the money he took from his riding association. They are making no such accusation now. There is, however, a vindictive former campaign worker for the failed CPC candidate in that riding who has been relentless with these accusations. Even when presented with a copy of the cancelled cheque, this person still keeps bleating the accusation that long ago was proven false.

Edited by Bryan

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/581845

Looks like the dirty tricks squad is back at it again.

Hahahahahaha....Not only are you bringing up mundane, frivolous nonsense nobody cares about, but you're quoting the Toronto Star (Liberal propaganda machine) as a credible source of anti-CPC news.

Hold on, I'll go see what dirty news I can dig up in the Calgary Herald about the Liberal Party.

This whole business came about from a sore loser who's candidate lost the party nomination. It has nothing to do with the national party. All the gruesome details can be found on Stephen Taylor's blog.

http://www.stephentaylor.ca/2009/02/on-the...nst-bill-casey/

A non-story.

Edited by capricorn

Hahahahahaha....Not only are you bringing up mundane, frivolous nonsense nobody cares about, but you're quoting the Toronto Star (Liberal propaganda machine) as a credible source of anti-CPC news.

Okay, here is the same story from your beloved National Post:

http://www.canada.com/Independent+decries+...1997/story.html

`It is an attempt to smear my reputation and destroy my character,'' an emotional Casey said in the House of Commons on Tuesday. ``After spending a whole lifetime trying to build a good reputation and a positive reputation, I am so offended to have people knowingly make false accusations just so they can get it in an RCMP report.''

You seem to assume that the story was limited to the Toronto Star.

Hold on, I'll go see what dirty news I can dig up in the Calgary Herald about the Liberal Party.

I see you don't deny the story.

Exactly. Idiotic newspapers like the Star are less concerned with actual news than they are with pushing an agenda.

The story started in the Chronicle Herald, not the Star.

And any time an RCMP investigation takes place of an MP, it is news.

Looks like the OP is the one running the dirty tricks campaign....big surprise.....

"MP accuses Tories of campaign to discredit"

The national Tory party has long ago disassociated itself from the allegations, which came from a campaign staffer acting alone, on behalf of her candidate. Now it is jdobbin and apparently Casey himself promoting the lie that 'the Tories' undertook some type of 'campaign'.

The national Tory party has long ago disassociated itself from the allegations, which came from a campaign staffer acting alone, on behalf of her candidate. Now it is jdobbin and apparently Casey himself promoting the lie that 'the Tories' undertook some type of 'campaign'.

Perhaps you can show me the headline where the Tories disassociated themselves from this. The story originated with the Chronicle in Nova Scotia. Surely, they would know of how the Tories were not playing dirty tricks. Again.

Looks like the OP is the one running the dirty tricks campaign....big surprise.....

"MP accuses Tories of campaign to discredit"

How interesting. The victim is the culprit, eh?

Okay, here is the same story from your beloved National Post:

http://www.canada.com/Independent+decries+...1997/story.html

You seem to assume that the story was limited to the Toronto Star.

The fact that you wasted your time finding and linking an article from the National Post is commendable but it doesn't change the fact that it's frivolous news about a non-issue that nobody cares about.

I see you don't deny the story.

I don't deny the story because I don't know enough about it nor do I care. The lack of discussion this decidedly boring topic has elicited hopefully shows you that constantly linking Toronto Star newspaper articles and adding clichéd one liners to summarize them is not going to win anyone over. Add a little more depth to your postings. At one point we expected it of you.

The lack of discussion this decidedly boring topic has elicited hopefully shows you that constantly linking Toronto Star newspaper articles and adding clichéd one liners to summarize them is not going to win anyone over. Add a little more depth to your postings. At one point we expected it of you.

I'm his role model now. He strives to be as effective as me at spreading disinformation.

The fact that you wasted your time finding and linking an article from the National Post is commendable but it doesn't change the fact that it's frivolous news about a non-issue that nobody cares about.

The fact that you wasted your time on a rant against the Toronto Star when it was in several papers and released as a Canada Press news story doesn't change the fact that it is an issue if you continue to wish to respond to it.

I don't deny the story because I don't know enough about it nor do I care. The lack of discussion this decidedly boring topic has elicited hopefully shows you that constantly linking Toronto Star newspaper articles and adding clichéd one liners to summarize them is not going to win anyone over. Add a little more depth to your postings. At one point we expected it of you.

You obviously care enough to take part of this thread.

And it isn't a cliche if it happens often enough. And the fact that it seems to have occurred against a rather principled MP is rather repugnant. I expect more of you than simply dismissing it as grumbling from a disgruntled MP.

And Desjarlais was a NDP critic who was kicked out by Layton. She was then targeted by NDP brass for replacement.
An NDP MP who remained and NDP MP until losing a nomination battle. Neither kicked out by Layton, but required like any challenged incumbent to win their nomination battles, and no different the nominated candidates they have to win the election.

IIRC a Liberal won the election, defeating both the NDP candidate and the independant.

It may suck as an incumbent to lose a nomination battle, but any incumbent knows that if someone has handed in their papers, they best find all their supporters and sign them up.

Although some parties do secure some MPs nominations, I don't believe the NDP does this.

I do know that Sheila Copps was run out of town for simply running a losing campaign against Paul Martin. However, the truth is, she lost a nomination battle with .... erm, an Italian guy cabinet minister, who then lost his seat to an NDP candidate.

It's politics....

An NDP MP who remained and NDP MP until losing a nomination battle. Neither kicked out by Layton, but required like any challenged incumbent to win their nomination battles, and no different the nominated candidates they have to win the election.

You might think it was no different but it was a decision to have her removed that came from party brass and was one of the reasons why there was such anger in the riding afterward.

IIRC a Liberal won the election, defeating both the NDP candidate and the independant.

Split vote between NDP loyalists and MP loyalists.

It may suck as an incumbent to lose a nomination battle, but any incumbent knows that if someone has handed in their papers, they best find all their supporters and sign them up.

Although some parties do secure some MPs nominations, I don't believe the NDP does this.

The NDP has in the past. I haven't seen any indication that they have stopped.

I do know that Sheila Copps was run out of town for simply running a losing campaign against Paul Martin. However, the truth is, she lost a nomination battle with .... erm, an Italian guy cabinet minister, who then lost his seat to an NDP candidate.

It's politics....

Yup. And the NDP do it too.