Disgraced pastor

acidburn

He reminds me of the Kevin Klein character in the movie In/Out where he's somewhat effeminate and struggles outwardly with his sexuality even though he's engaged to be married and thinks he's straight. I just wish Haggard would have his epiphany moment like in the movie where Klein is trying to learn 'masculinity' when 'I will survive comes on' and next thing you know he's embracing his inner queen and prancing and dancing around...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKgZ6vp3DBs

Oh, that was wrong on so many levels, but I loved that scene. I could totally see Haggard going through a similar moment in life.

Good ole Ted Haggard! He seems to resurface when we need a reminder that people aren't always what they claim to be! I thought his church cured him of his homosexuality! This should be a lesson to all of those fundamentalists who carry on with this fiction that sexual orientation is a lifestyle choice, and not part of a person's physical makeup.

Every species of mammals studied by zoologists, have shown at least some members who exhibit homosexual behaviour; there has always been a gay minority in the general population -- no society is gay-free, but there are many who persecute people because they are different, and the culture that Ted Haggard grew up and immersed himself in was about as homophobic as it gets.

So, he did what many other gays do in a similar situation -- he lived a lie, and pretended he was a normal heterosexual family man who just can't stop talking about Jesus....and then privately, he snuck off to cheap motels to do meth and have gay sex with male prostitutes....and now we are finding out that he was also seducing teenage boys into having gay relationships with him (just like those Catholic priests).

So, wouldn't it be better to accept homosexuals the way they are, and let them have the kind of families that would make them most happy? It sure seems a lot better than having the Haggards and the priests come stumbling out of the closet on a regular basis!

This is clearly a hoax, since everybody knows that Jeeeeezus cures homosexuality.

-k

At the risk of reviving a tired trope, I always found it fascinating that followers of a true-to-form hippie like JC would read into his teachings that you should hate and fear "love". Jesus was all about love your neighbour, love your enemy -- who's to say he is talking strictly of "tolerate them and try not to break their shit"? I like to think that Jesus was the kind of guy who would have been all about loving everybody, however you want to. Jesus cures homosexuality? How about Jesus cures bigotry and ignorance?

And yeah Kimmy, I got the joke...I just thought it was a good segue into what I wanted to say ;)

Good ole Ted Haggard! He seems to resurface when we need a reminder that people aren't always what they claim to be! I thought his church cured him of his homosexuality!

According to ol Teddy in the video I watched, all beautifully coifed, crisp shirt and creased pants..I mean how gay is that....he says he isnt gay , just that "I have these urges that I have to deal with"

Ok Teddy. I have urges for alcohol, but I m not an alcoholic???

Watching Ted , standing there with his wife and kids in the background is pretty sad to see. I dont have too much sympathy for him since he did it himself , but the whole scene is tough to watch.

He had it all, money fame power , and blew it, pun unintentional.

To see he and his wife emerge from some half pint motel 6 where they are living, apparently broke and struggling to survive was pretty eye opening.

Wanna bet she wasnt so "christian" in private as she is in public?