Tory aide tried to scuttle Hanukah event, school says

jdobbin

Also, I'm quite sure that almost every member of the Church doesn't believe all of its doctrine. That would mean almost everyone within the Church was a lapsed Catholic (though they probably agree with far more than I do).

Any Catholic that doesn't believe what the RCC teaches is in apostasy and if that Catholic person is spreading thing's against the RCC could be partaking in Heresy. Both you can be excommunicated for. Some things you are automatically excommunicated for in the eyes of God whether you confess them or not and only the Pope, the Bishop of your Diocese or a Priest given the power to do so can forgive you. So depending on what you've done you may be already severed from the RCC in the eyes of God.

Edit- On a serious note I will include both you and Argus in my prayers tonight and I'll light a candle for you both tomorrow night. Laugh at me if you want but I believe in forgiveness and God can forgive everyone. I pray that one day both of you return to His flock. I may spout a lot of the time and rant but I do not play games with God or my faith.

Edited by Mr.Canada

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't hate Jews, why do you consistently make comments of the sort which appear on anti-Semitic websites? For example, in previous posts you claimed that Karl Marx was a Jew even though he was an atheist. You referred to Jews as a race even though Judaism is a religion. You refer in your posts to "Jewish Bolshevism", a pejorative anti-Semitic expression used by Hitler, the authors of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and numerous Holocaust Denial websites. It is a mystery to me why the moderator hasn't banned you for your persistent anti-Semitic comments. Perhaps the moderator is giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming that your level of intelligence precludes you from realizing that your comments are anti-Semitic.

My grandparents on my mothers side were Jews from Russia and came to Canada when Jews were not popular here. I posted what I believed to be facts, I was suspended for two weeks for my earlier antics and have toned it down since then. Everyone makes mistakes.

I'm sorry, but you don't speak for God. The Pope doesn't speak for God. Only God speaks for God.

I'm only relaying what the RCC teaches on the subject. If you have a Catechism you can see for yourself. I can supply the page numbers for the paperback if you need them.

Edited by Mr.Canada

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...1224?hub=Canada

Um, not exactly the type of behaviour to engender good will.

I wonder if CPC will fire Georganne Burke, promote her or merely hope that this story, like other CPC scandals, will die.

What's clear from this thread is that no more than a couple of CPC supporters were bothered by Burke's offensive threats and would rather debate who's the best Catholic, Mel Gibson notwithstanding.

Georganne Burke, incidentally, is the CPC organizer who tried to convince Rachel Marsden to run as a CPC MP in Toronto. Here's Marsden's response:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...me=&no_ads=

And who's Rachel Marsden?

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...me=&no_ads=

I'd love it if CPC put forth Rachel Marsden as a candidate. I would attend her appearances with such glee.

I know exactly what sort of a bitch she is, how much an inveterate liar she is. But the CPC aint that dumb.

Her ass, as cute as it is, should be sitting in a jail cell for the stunts she has pulled. FOX wont touch her with a ten ft pole anymore.

The RCC interprets the teachings of God as they were written through God. Scripture is based on Tradition from the times before Jesus. If the Tradition is f alse then God is false as well. Surely you agree with this.

This is a rather bizarre distortion of Catholic theology. Catholics, like Jews, and really, like most of the larger churches, hold that doctrine, while based in the Bible, isn't solely in the Bible as such. The Church, in particular, also holds to be of great import the Ecumenical Councils, the writings of the Church Fathers and indeed the whole corpus of Church writings.

Yeah, me too. But so what? I haven't been in a church - aside from funerals and weddings - in 30 years. I'm not much of a Catholic, and I don't believe in a variety of doctrines the Church preaches. I am just not a very religious person, so I wouldn't go around calling myself a "confirmed Catholic" for that implies otherwise.

If you've participated in the sacrament of confirmation, you're a confirmed Catholic. One can, as I have, reject the Church and all its teachings, but technically, one would still be a Catholic until you're excommunicated.

I'd love it if CPC put forth Rachel Marsden as a candidate. I would attend her appearances with such glee.

I know exactly what sort of a bitch she is, how much an inveterate liar she is. But the CPC aint that dumb.

Her ass, as cute as it is, should be sitting in a jail cell for the stunts she has pulled. FOX wont touch her with a ten ft pole anymore.

That Georganna Burke tried to convince Marsden to run for CPC, and that CPC still employs Burke suggests that CPC has not learned much.

To threaten a Jewish day school for allowing a local MP and Leader of the Opposition to participate in a candle-lighting ceremony at a Jewish school for the disabled - along with, it should be noted, Thornhill’s Conservative MP Peter Kent - is beyond reprehensible. Where is the outrage of the libertarians now? Where are those giants of free expression Ezra Levant, Mark Steyn and Jonathan Kay? Isn’t this exactly the kind of issue that they should be lining up to condemn?!

Quote from:

http://tcfsc.wordpress.com/2008/12/26/excu...s-for-a-moment/

CPC supporters remain remarkably silent on this issue. What a surprise.

Surely I don't. I have faith in God.

That's well and good but you aren't Catholic if you don't believe in the teaching's of the RCC. You may fall into one of the other branches of Christianity but you aren't Catholic as the RCC sees it and you really shouldn't say that you are at this point.

To threaten a Jewish day school for allowing a local MP and Leader of the Opposition to participate in a candle-lighting ceremony at a Jewish school for the disabled - along with, it should be noted, Thornhill’s Conservative MP Peter Kent - is beyond reprehensible. Where is the outrage of the libertarians now? Where are those giants of free expression Ezra Levant, Mark Steyn and Jonathan Kay? Isn’t this exactly the kind of issue that they should be lining up to condemn?!

Quote from:

http://tcfsc.wordpress.com/2008/12/26/excu...s-for-a-moment/

CPC supporters remain remarkably silent on this issue. What a surprise.

I agree with you, if this is indeed true then she should resign, failing that she should be kicked out.

That's well and good but you aren't Catholic if you don't believe in the teaching's of the RCC. You may fall into one of the other branches of Christianity but you aren't Catholic as the RCC sees it and you really shouldn't say that you are at this point.

I am what I am Mr. Canada. What I am is not up to you or your narrow world view.