Elizabeth May, Champion of Democracy...

And Green Party Leader Elizabeth May is endorsing the proposed coalition government and says she has spoken with Liberal Leader Stéphane Dion about the possibility of her being appointed to the Senate.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...y/politics/home

...She knows she's sooo electable...

Elizabeth May likes what Dion's cooking? There's a shocker!

And for the price of a measly senate seat, she'd be willing to throw the support of her 0 MPs behind the new coalition? Good value. I hope Dion jumps on this hot offer before she changes her mind.

-k

Elizabeth May likes what Dion's cooking? There's a shocker!

And for the price of a measly senate seat, she'd be willing to throw the support of her 0 MPs behind the new coalition? Good value. I hope Dion jumps on this hot offer before she changes her mind.

-k

What the hell is May doing showing up all dolled up? I hope her new contact lenses roll backwards and irritate the crap out of lids. :blink: NONE of the players are showing patriotism...all of them are like students wanting to be head of the union...this is not highschool kids!

Patronage Appoints before the curtains are measured? :(

As much as it would please me on so many levels, I won't actually believe it until she's ensconced in her new non-leather cushy-chair.

-k

I'm on the phone with CTV to have camera's follow the MP's and leaders. It's going to be like "Big Brother". Canadians will get to vote...oh wait...no they won't. Sorry.

Stay on them - a picture tells it all - and these kids are in dire need of supervision - seeing they have none of their own.

She told reporters she has had discussions with Liberal Leader Stéphane Dion, NDP Leader Jack Layton and Bloc Québécois Leader Gilles Duceppe about possible roles for the Green Party.

While she stressed that her exact role with the coalition remains hypothetical, she confirmed that she has spoken with Mr. Dion about the possibility of her being appointed to the Senate.

"I'd be the only Senator, in the Senate, that received a million votes," she said, lumping together all the votes for Green candidates across the country. Ms. May ran as a candidate in Central Nova, N.S., in the last election, where she finished second to incumbent Conservative Peter MacKay.

"We wouldn't have a veto. We would have influence," Ms. May said.

To call her a stupid ridiculous cow would be an insult to the dairy farmers of canada...

She's your classic university student that believed all she read in the Red book. Some people never grow up or think for themselves. Nothing worse than an idealog that worships long dead human idols. She's a school girl...like Dion and the rest of them. You start off in kindergarten - off to public school - off to highshool - off to university - off to some corporation then off to Ottawa - TOTALLY INSTITUTIONALIZED DWEEBS. No practial life skill :lol: or real experience...and they want to rule us?

To call her a stupid ridiculous cow would be an insult to the dairy farmers of canada...

Harper really needs to fill all those vacant seats before he goes. If he doesn't, you can bet Dion will stuff them full of luminaries of this ilk.

I think this would be the best thing that could happen for the green party..

They need a leader thats not studying to be an Anglican ordained minister and a leader thats not going to run around endorsing another party, leader, and everything about it.

people we're turned away from voting green because she did that. they went and voted liberal or NDP or even the CPC or did not even vote.

IF May takes that appointment to the senate, I for one would be happy, as it would force a leadership race in the green party and maybe they could get a real leader.

All Greens are like May. You could go though the whole pile and they pop up the same. Well educated - a tad radical - hate the establishement....just like NDPers - who hate the establishment but want to be the establishement...Much like unionized postal workers want to live in the house they deliver the mail to - especially in Rosedale. These are not saintly people..or those that care about their fellow human being. One thing these utlitarains know is that you can swarm the establishement with the force of sheer numbers - in the end - You have someone like May sitting in a throne of gold and preaching Carl Marx and giving out Budda quotes.

All Greens are like May. You could go though the whole pile and they pop up the same. Well educated - a tad radical - hate the establishement....just like NDPers - who hate the establishment but want to be the establishement...Much like unionized postal workers want to live in the house they deliver the mail to - especially in Rosedale. These are not saintly people..or those that care about their fellow human being. One thing these utlitarains know is that you can swarm the establishement with the force of sheer numbers - in the end - You have someone like May sitting in a throne of gold and preaching Carl Marx and giving out Budda quotes.

honestly the Green party needs to work on the people they put forth to an electorate... some guy in ontario or NS or NB looked like charlie manson, and I was like wtf...

thing is may would be perfect for the senate if she ended up having to be a liberal that would be priceless... :P

-k

Boy, that's just plain nasty. Elizabeth May seems to have integrity. Something your leader sold out a long time ago.

honestly the Green party needs to work on the people they put forth to an electorate... some guy in ontario or NS or NB looked like charlie manson, and I was like wtf...

thing is may would be perfect for the senate if she ended up having to be a liberal that would be priceless... :P

Being not in the know I assumed that the Greens were some sort of environmentalist group - then I did a bit of research and saw the early founders of the movement in Europe - the big boss looked exactly like Charlie Manson - wtf! The average Canadian wrongly assumes they are about fair and human government packed into a hemp bag. These are internationalist revolutionaries who want to kill all the rich and smart people.. :lol:

Being not in the know I assumed that the Greens were some sort of environmentalist group - then I did a bit of research and saw the early founders of the movement in Europe - the big boss looked exactly like Charlie Manson - wtf! The average Canadian wrongly assumes they are about fair and human government packed into a hemp bag. These are internationalist revolutionaries who want to kill all the rich and smart people.. :lol:

no no no you misunderstand... this whole environmentalism is all part of the new world order plan :P

such as a carbon tax and all that.... lol

if you read the actual policies on the green party website you would see what the Canadian green party has to say...

not that they will get members elected to the house in the next 5 elections in canada with the leadership they have.

Boy, that's just plain nasty. Elizabeth May seems to have integrity. Something your leader sold out a long time ago.

huh? She's publicly lobbying for a patronage appointment before Dion's even in the big chair. What's so integritudinous about that?

And again, what does she bring to the table that actually helps the coalition anyway?

She wants Dion to appoint her to the senate? Why would he? What's in it for him, other than some egg on the face? The public hates patronage appointments, regardless of who is doing the appointing. The coalition would be wise to stay well away from any senate appointments if they can at all help it. In May's case, I don't think she brings anything that the coalition can't live without.

-k

no no no you misunderstand... this whole environmentalism is all part of the new world order plan :P

such as a carbon tax and all that.... lol

if you read the actual policies on the green party website you would see what the Canadian green party has to say...

not that they will get members elected to the house in the next 5 elections in canada with the leadership they have.

Thank the cosmic forces that devinely preside - that all that is sent from above as far as Green leadership are NERDS....ALL THE MAKEUP IN THE WORLD WILL NOT HELP :lol:

Thank the cosmic forces that devinely preside - that all that is sent from above as far as Green leadership are NERDS....ALL THE MAKEUP IN THE WORLD WILL NOT HELP :lol:

was it drug store makeup or boutique makeup :P... you can tell the class of woman by the makeup she wears...

as for all these nerds they really need to come up with better policies for the green party of canada :P