Canadian Political Polls

After Christmas, and after the economy comes completed unglued then Canadians will start looking for answers. Until then, very few will give a damn.

They won't give a damn untill they look in the fridge and wonder how they will feed a family of four with three eggs. The economic whirlwind that is trashing itself will probably continue for a while. Sad part is that few will adjust gracefully. The average Canadain really does not have a clue how serious this upheavel is...If you can invision the future and take repairative measures we might have a chance - It could be like hell unleashed on earth. Those who are at the top of the heap still think they can come out on top. When money becomes worthless - no one can buy - or sell. Every person will be rendered poor. The only way out is to keep your eye on the ball and not panic. Most importantly there must be co-operation and actual human care between advesarys. Time has run out for the competition game...being competative is not the answer - in a world where there can be no winner. All decisions have to be made on the basis of "there are others" - there should be no losers.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A poll showing a Liberal that few citizens know anything about being tied with Harper as best choice for a leader has cause for concern to any thinking citizen.

I absolutlely agree with you. If Ignatieff rides this high when few voters know him, it must mean that the devil they do know has fallen to new depths in the electorate's estimation.

I am particularly anxious to see the regional breakdown since I suspect that Ignatieff will do well in Quebec.

The expected surge in Quebec Liberal support results, in large part, to Harper's recent strategy of demonizing the Bloc as supporters of the Lib/NDP coalition. By claiming Bloc MPs were "illegitimate" and dangerous he managed to offend all Quebecers, not just sovereignists.

Chantal Hebert of the Star and member of the CBC At Issue panel, seems to know Quebec as well as anyone, hints at serious damage to Tory fortunes there in the immediate future.

The expected surge in Quebec Liberal support results, in large part, to Harper's recent strategy of demonizing the Bloc as supporters of the Lib/NDP coalition. By claiming Bloc MPs were "illegitimate" and dangerous he managed to offend all Quebecers, not just sovereignists.

Chantal Hebert of the Star and member of the CBC At Issue panel, seems to know Quebec as well as anyone, hints at serious damage to Tory fortunes there in the immediate future.

Confirmed, check out the internals of the newest poll. Harper pulling 10% in Quebec and his party not doing much better.

http://www.angus-reid.com/uppdf/2008.12.13_FederalScene.pdf

I agree with that statement what Hansom genius said that? Harper can easily gain all those numbers back is a Quebec friendly budget I think, but I also think Harper does not and will never understand Quebec politics.

Pandering to Quebec is not what Quebec Federalists want. That's what the separatists want.. Quebec Federalists want to be treated like every other province. Harper should forget he BQ and listen to the QC Fed vote.

Pandering to Quebec is not what Quebec Federalists want. That's what the separatists want.. Quebec Federalists want to be treated like every other province. Harper should forget he BQ and listen to the QC Fed vote.

Quebec Federalists are NOT the ones who vote for Harper in Quebec. It is the soft nationalists that will vote for Harper or stay home.

PS Quebec just like anyone wants the PM to pander to them. Just like Alberta said Pander to us today, and every other province will want a piece of the pie in the next budget. Don't lie to yourself.

Quebec Federalists are NOT the ones who vote for Harper in Quebec. It is the soft nationalists that will vote for Harper or stay home.

PS Quebec just like anyone wants the PM to pander to them. Just like Alberta said Pander to us today, and every other province will want a piece of the pie in the next budget. Don't lie to yourself.

We are all Canadians. Give a little bit to everyone, fair and square.

Pandering to Quebec is not what Quebec Federalists want.

Globe and Mail

March 20, 2007

"Overall, Ottawa is increasing transfers to Quebec by a total of $9-billion over the next three years, as the cash increases from the current level of $13-billion a year to more than $16-billion in three years."

Thank you Stephen Harper for not pandering to Quebec. The $3 billion a year we'll spend not pandering to Quebec in 2009 and 2010 will certainly save us from a deficit. What extraordinary financial mismanagement and reckless spending.

Ignatieff can only pray that the financially incompetent Harper continues to lead CPC into the next election.

Do CPC voters really believe that the $9billion Harper shamelessly threw at Quebec was a wise investment? If so, it explains why they won't dump the incompetent Harper.

I agree with that statement what Hansom genius said that? Harper can easily gain all those numbers back is a Quebec friendly budget I think, but I also think Harper does not and will never understand Quebec politics.

And then explain that to the fanbois in Alberta how? Harper has created a tightrope here. I'm sure he'll be throwing money around, but it's not like he has lots of it to disperse. With big fat cheques guaranteed to the auto industry, and now suddenly the Alberta oil industry and the BC forest industry going "Hey!!!", just how much can he dump into Quebec, and if he does put oodles into Quebec, how does he justify that to the core supporters in the West? "Oh don't worry, I did that just so we can gain seats in Quebec. I promise that next time around, you'll get lots of money, too."

Unless, of course, he simply plans on borrowing large amounts of money to fling like s**t at all the regions. That will certainly agitate another group of Conservative supporters.

What I can't really imagine is why anyone would want to be Prime Minister right now.

What I can't really imagine is why anyone would want to be Prime Minister right now.

Which is why Harper maneuvers furiously to have Liberals share the forthcoming budget misery, all in the guise of parliamentary cooperation. Ignatieff is astute at keeping his distance while demanding to see the true deficit numbers - believing last months $100 million projected surplus was phoney, the product of cooked books at Finance.

If there is any truth that people vote with their pocketbooks, Tories are soon in deep trouble.

Which is why Harper maneuvers furiously to have Liberals share the forthcoming budget misery, all in the guise of parliamentary cooperation. Ignatieff is astute at keeping his distance while demanding to see the true deficit numbers - believing last months $100 million projected surplus was phoney, the product of cooked books at Finance.

If there is any truth that people vote with their pocketbooks, Tories are soon in deep trouble.

Let's keep this based in reality please.

Canadians won't be flocking to the Liberals. They have dug themselves even deeper. The Liberals stand for nothing, have no funds, no leadership, have no policy and no economic plan.

Canada isn't a vacuum. The Liberals and NDP cannot be trusted and voters agree after they were caught in bed with the separatist Bloc. All their numbers have dropped off the face of the Earth. They are scared to death of an election.

Harper will present a brilliant Conservative budget that will help to reverse the trend of the global economy. Harper will go into history as the best fiscal manager Canada has ever had.

Let's keep this based in reality please.

Canadians won't be flocking to the Liberals. They have dug themselves even deeper. The Liberals stand for nothing, have no funds, no leadership, have no policy and no economic plan.

Canada isn't a vacuum. The Liberals and NDP cannot be trusted and voters agree after they were caught in bed with the separatist Bloc. All their numbers have dropped off the face of the Earth. They are scared to death of an election.

Harper will present a brilliant Conservative budget that will help to reverse the trend of the global economy. Harper will go into history as the best fiscal manager Canada has ever had.

Citation needed I have yet to see a poll that has the Liberal numbers dropping.

LOL Harper has not got anything passed in the House in 9 months what is different now. He can;t save Canada by doing nothing like he has been doing.

Right, because the Liberals are in bed with separatists. Go to an election over the coalition and they'll get crushed. Ignatieff knows this and wouldn't dare vote against Harper or his budget again.

The Liberals were willing to hand veto power to the Bloc, this won't be forgotten by the voters. Harper will make sure of this. If you really think that the Liberals can win an election you sir are deluded.

Right, because the Liberals are in bed with separatists. Go to an election over the coalition and they'll get crushed. Ignatieff knows this and wouldn't dare vote against Harper or his budget again.

The Liberals were willing to hand veto power to the Bloc, this won't be forgotten by the voters. Harper will make sure of this. If you really think that the Liberals can win an election you sir are deluded.

Which explains why he went to the GG, not to have an election called, but for parliament to be sent on holiday.

Keep it up it is people like you that lose Quebec you are never going to have majority at this rate. I love when I see this.

PS Ignatieff will vote against a budget that sucks, he has to show he is strong Harper knows that too. What veto power explain this too me will you like I am a six year old?