negative productivity growth under HARPER

Why does everything in this country require government interference? I tired of this attitude what is the government going to do. All this centralized planning must be stopped.

Why do you think you elect a government? and pay the taxes? It is all of us who pay the government to handle the system economic, beside other institutions, that they created with our tax dollar?

Then maybe you should move on your own island and make sure no one else does.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see him spend less, much less.

Limit foreign aid, over 100 years of aid is long enough. It's obvious they cannot run their own countries and deserve to die off. If we are going to pay billions we should be running their country like in colonial times with the British Empire.

Limit social spending, these people need to find jobs, this isn't the USSR. Also all those special interest groups should have zero funding as that is not equality so we can cut all of that off.

Sell off most of the companies and services the Feds currently run. No more bureaucracy.

Immigrants should be paying their own way. If they cannot afford to pay their own living expenses they can stay in whatever third world hole they crawled out from.

Reinstate the death penalty - Murders and rapists don't deserve to breath our air, they're scum and no longer human.

Trash that Liberal flag and go back to the Red Ensign, Canadas true flag.

Basically I'd like to see Canada run the way it was in the 1920's and 30's. That is my dream.

That should save Billions of dollars. Not to mention we'd have some nice vacation spots as part of Canada.

As I said that would make for the best country on the planet but since it's not too realistic maybe we can just cut foreign aid and cut back some social spending to the tune of 2 Billion dollars. That should be enough.

Do you really know what you are talking about?

1920 to 1930 was the pre-Great Depression era, therefore being responsible through mismanagement of the greatest recession that ever hit the world.

Take a time travel machine or view a few of the documentaries about it before you say something as stupid as that. Keep you nightmare I do not want any part of it.

1920 to 1930 was the pre-Great Depression era, therefore being responsible through mismanagement of the greatest recession that ever hit the world.

Take a time travel machine or view a few of the documentaries about it before you say something as stupid as that. Keep you nightmare I do not want any part of it.

If you continued to read the topic you'd find that I was having some fun. It was a joke.

http://www.alternatives.ca/article4079.html

Harper government first in Canada to oversee negative productivity gains since data gathered in 1961.

He comes to the same conclusion I do by saying this:

“We’ve had three strikes against our national productivity, and they’re all related to the Harper government’s acceptance of Canada’s new status as an energy ‘superpower.’ By endorsing the high dollar and abandoning Canadian manufacturing, this government has done more damage to our national productivity than any other government in our postwar history,” Stanford concludes.

That is poor economics!

Why do you think you elect a government? and pay the taxes? It is all of us who pay the government to handle the system economic, beside other institutions, that they created with our tax dollar?

Then maybe you should move on your own island and make sure no one else does.

I don't pay taxes for a government to tinker in the economy, I pay taxes for infrastructure, policing, national defence, and some social policy.

The government has no business handling the economic system, the should only have some regulatory oversite.

I think I know why and what type you are tring to elect and I;m sorry, I don't need their intustion into my business life or economic portflio. I am capable of educating myself and making my own decsisions. How about you do you need the nanny state?

I don't know if you are aware of this or not but the length and severity of the depression can be contributed in part back to the New Deal policies of FDR. As these policies did not allow for a quick market correction, his policies dragged that correction out over many years.

I don't know if you are aware of this or not but the length and severity of the depression can be contributed in part back to the New Deal policies of FDR. As these policies did not allow for a quick market correction, his policies dragged that correction out over many years.

I was just reading comments on CBC and found this and it sounds from someone who has lived in the era:

"In the weeks and months after the Crash that started the Great Depression the market rebounded and collapsed in cycles just like we're experiencing now. It was the bastards squeezing us and the market for every last penny they could before throwing in the towel and letting the house of card utterly collapse.

Meanwhile, our governments collude with the banks to turn their private debts and losses into our public responsibility.

Treasonous actions abound... see you on the bread-lines Comrades!"

says Devin306 posted 2008/10/23 at 6:42 PM commenting about this article:

TSX dives below 9,000, then winds up with a gain

Edited by fairvotecanada

I want to see him spend less, much less.

Limit foreign aid, over 100 years of aid is long enough. It's obvious they cannot run their own countries and deserve to die off. If we are going to pay billions we should be running their country like in colonial times with the British Empire.

Limit social spending, these people need to find jobs, this isn't the USSR. Also all those special interest groups should have zero funding as that is not equality so we can cut all of that off.

Sell off most of the companies and services the Feds currently run. No more bureaucracy.

Immigrants should be paying their own way. If they cannot afford to pay their own living expenses they can stay in whatever third world hole they crawled out from.

Reinstate the death penalty - Murders and rapists don't deserve to breath our air, they're scum and no longer human.

Trash that Liberal flag and go back to the Red Ensign, Canadas true flag.

Basically I'd like to see Canada run the way it was in the 1920's and 30's. That is my dream.

That should save Billions of dollars. Not to mention we'd have some nice vacation spots as part of Canada.

As I said that would make for the best country on the planet but since it's not too realistic maybe we can just cut foreign aid and cut back some social spending to the tune of 2 Billion dollars. That should be enough.

I think you should inquire about what Harper is doing here:

"I thought you'd be interested in finding out about the Green Party and where they stand on the SPP.

The Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) of North America, initiated on March 31, 2005 by the leaders of Canada, the United States and Mexico to advance free trade and security cooperation should NOT go forward.

The Green Party of Canada is demanding fair trade not free trade and a continued separation between our countries ON issues such as:

• Homeland security;

• The military ;

• Energy and natural resources;

• Global security and foreign policy;

• Economic policy; and

• Regulatory policy – environment, health, food safety for expediting cross-border trade.

Find out more about the SPP here: http://www.greenparty.ca/spp.

Check out their web site at http://www.greenparty.ca."

I think he is selling all of us out... our water, our oil, any and all resources... Shame on us if we let him do it!

FDR rescued the United States from the Depression with his New Deal; after conservative management of Harding and at his death Coolidge who was later blame for his laisser-faire government and a year before the crash on the Market Hoover came in as President.

FDR only got elected in 1933, and was also elected 4 times to Presidency, the only president that ever was or will ever be there for more then two terms, as he made this a law.

So go back to studying your Canadian and American History as you are totally confused!

“We’ve had three strikes against our national productivity, and they’re all related to the Harper government’s acceptance of Canada’s new status as an energy ‘superpower.’ By endorsing the high dollar and abandoning Canadian manufacturing, this government has done more damage to our national productivity than any other government in our postwar history,” Stanford concludes.

That is poor economics!

Q'uelle Suprise!

Stanford is a UNION honcho!

lol

This 'study' is BUNK.

Q'uelle Suprise!

Stanford is a UNION honcho!

lol

This 'study' is BUNK.

Why because he works at getting people unionized? What an excuse? So if you work at bettering your fellow man work day you are bunk, you make total sense as an idiot, but totally no sense or cents in your argument.

By the way how is your portfolio this morning, is Harper salvaging it by doing what Hoover tried to do in his day...

You know when you are poor this is as funny as can be; poor are somehow getting richer with less effort; we do not need to put you out, you are doing it all on your own.

If your revenue is lowered that means I am closer to what you are able to spend so the prices have to go down to support both of our economic situation...

See you in the food line in six months.

Why because he works at getting people unionized? What an excuse? So if you work at bettering your fellow man work day you are bunk, you make total sense as an idiot, but totally no sense or cents in your argument.

By the way how is your portfolio this morning, is Harper salvaging it by doing what Hoover tried to do in his day...

You know when you are poor this is as funny as can be; poor are somehow getting richer with less effort; we do not need to put you out, you are doing it all on your own.

If your revenue is lowered that means I am closer to what you are able to spend so the prices have to go down to support both of our economic situation...

I will never be in the food line, but thanks.

No, it is BUNK because he obviously has an AGENDA (look it up) to promote UNIONIZED workers over people who are not UNIONIZED. He could give a crap about the Canadian economy, he is only concerned about his union membership and the dues that come from that.

Liberal fear mongering at it's pathetic best.

I'll wager that your quality of life won't change one bit no matter who is PM.

That is poor economics!

"endorsing the high dollar"? Have you looked at the current value of the dollar?

Also, I may be wrong but it seems to me that if the Autoworkers Union is concerned about productivity, the first thing they might consider is asking their membership to work harder...

By all mean if you know how to fix it, don't let us hold you back Alta4ever!

There is an easy fix let the economy correct itself, that's what a recession is.

But please do spend us into another depression with excesssive unneeded social spending.

Do you think he should keep feeding the economy until everybody is broke or is there a pause in the future?

In six-month we will all be where I have been for the last 10 years, poor and saving every pennies to make the bills and eat each month without a raise during that time while my rent has increased by $45. in just three year beside Cable-Low-Speed internet (for cost) and hydro also going up during these years; the Provincial allowed $50. toward housing for an increase about 5 months after the last increase had taken place. So yeah, I am poor and I struggle as a person living with arthritis (continually in pain) causing my insomnia (sleep about three hours average a day because of pain); my scoliosis is just getting worse as I have a double curve there, so I am not yet over with it, not until I die and I am not ready to put my arms down yet and do that. Not even to please you...

But I will change this world for a better one if only by waking one of you about reality; the truth has been hidden for too long, but I can tell you History always repeat itself, after all it was a good script the first time around, why shouldn't there be a sequel...

Here is a few starter on the truth:

http://wikipedia.org

http://google.com

http://search.yahoo.com

http://answer.com

http://youtube.com

And do a search for whomever or whatever event in history you can think of and see if I am not a fore-teller of what things that have come to pass in fact, just as fashion seems to do. Search for answer about the environment; you might find that mother Earth is in fact not as healthy as you would like to believe; the polar cap is melting faster than expected by the scientists and Wild Life is announcing decline in Protected Animals, dying of starvation.

How long do you think you young ones have if you do not Wake Up!

Do Not take my word but find out, search for the North American Union; the truth about 911; the Bilberger Group; your PM Harper; and anything that comes to mind;

then do your own thinking...

and come to tell me what you found; not a lonely denial because you do not accept a statement; come equipped with arguments.

Search for Zeitgeist- The movie on You tube or visit my site to view them in five part as the documentary is a bit long.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...;oq=Zeitgeist-+

Liberal fear mongering at it's pathetic best.

I'll wager that your quality of life won't change one bit no matter who is PM.

I am happy to correct you here I do not officially belong to any party; I have always voted and got the Opposition in - except this last time where I totally lost my election as I proudly voted for Change with the NDP that do stand for and beside my fellow Canadians at all time not just in a down-time.

So your Liberal Bashing is just that, bashing, pretty low for a big man!

And no my quality of life cannot be touched as I already am on a very tight budget eating for about $2.50 a day in BC, Canada no less... Want to trade?

I will never be in the food line, but thanks.

No, it is BUNK because he obviously has an AGENDA (look it up) to promote UNIONIZED workers over people who are not UNIONIZED. He could give a crap about the Canadian economy, he is only concerned about his union membership and the dues that come from that.

And you're very sure that the employers that do not want Unions are doing so in your best interest, you must be very young or very gullible, they are in it to save a buck not your quality of life...

Edited by fairvotecanada

We don't need growth. We need responsible and sustainable conservatry. We have the luxury of being a nation that can hunker down and bear the storm...who says that bigger is better and that uncontrolled continued growth is neccesary to maintain a good quality of human existance? If you want growth - get a God damned garden.

Negative productivity gains is a serious problem. The Harper government needs too address the problem. It should not matter what party you support.

Negative productivity is a problem, the seriousness of which can be debated; however, your title implies that it's Harper's fault, which would be quite an assumption.

To create a debt or a deficit is done with intent - It's like buying a pack of smokes that cost 9 dollars for 5 dollars..and promising the vendor the balance at a later date. Maybe it's time to give up our addictions - They whole system is a huge advertisement...a coersive and deceptive advance on our being that screams YOU NEED THIS ....most of what we are convinced we need we do not need to survive. 80% of the programs pushed forward by government are to create more and more bureacracy - bureacrats do not produce anything...The USSR fell because it became top heavey with useless bean counters - imagine 80% of the people counting beans and ten percent growing them and the other 10% taking notes...the only thing we have to worry about as far as productivity is produce (food) and shelter...and security of the person...the rest is parasitic auto-cannibalism of our society - we are in good shape and stop worrying so much.

We don't need growth. We need responsible and sustainable conservatry. We have the luxury of being a nation that can hunker down and bear the storm...who says that bigger is better and that uncontrolled continued growth is neccesary to maintain a good quality of human existance? If you want growth - get a God damned garden.

So I guess you too are disenchanted with the Conservative being in power; I will tell you though that I disagree with you on the fact that we do not need growth, and that we need con-serv-ator (how can a 'PM Harper' serve you in anyway? he will prioritize his pocket first. And how do they conserve your environment or your tax-dollars for that matter? It just leaves us to be conned by them...

To the opposite this is the only way to become a productive country and to maintain a revenue through production of goods and services which is simple economic growth while we should reduce investment on the unsustainable use of our resources like oil to maintain a dollar of roughly .80 to .84 to attract investors and visitors to come and spend here.

Once you increase the revenue of the country, you then have happier people earning money to really produce a quality of life; but if like Harper you slash and cut indiscriminately you are likely to hurt the economy one way or the other.

Opposition parties accused Prime Minister Stephen Harper's government of a miserly and mean-spirited attitude toward Canada's most vulnerable after the Conservatives chopped $2-billion in spending despite running a $13.2-billion budget surplus.

"The Prime Minister's thinking has evolved over the years, from Attila the Hun to something approaching Genghis Khan," Liberal finance critic John McCallum said yesterday during a raucous Question Period session where opposition MPs cast themselves as defenders of the cut's casualties.

""Why on earth is the Prime Minister eliminating research on the health of visible minorities, on child abuse, trafficking in women, support for voluntary groups, for soup kitchens and training for Canadians with disabilities?" interim Liberal leader Bill Graham asked.

This prompted Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty to demand more money to fix what he calls a fiscal imbalance between Ottawa and the provinces. "They've got more money than they've got responsibilities, whereas we've got more responsibilities than we have money," he said.

While the Tories chopped about $35-million in skills- and training-related funding this week -- plus $55-million for youth employment -- their May 2 budget boosted spending on education and skills by more than $450-million annually, not including a $1-billion trust fund for postsecondary infrastructure spending."

as stated in the article: Opposition blasts Tories over spending cuts- by

Steven Chase. The Globe and Mail. Toronto, Ont.: Sep 27, 2006. pg. A.4

Proof, he cut Arts and Culture funding of $47 Millions - which on the long term would have brought in something like $85 Billions; this is also affecting jobs in the tourism and service industry because they are the affected by the main events.

Proof he also cut funding toward various industry through another few cuts:

*Business Retention and Expansion Program

* Home repair and renovation program

which might have help create both jobs and keep some here.

Proof, he cut funding by deciding it would be great to save on 200 food inspectors salary if the industry was going to take that of his hands; it cost Canada 20 people, beside all the money it will cost if they ever are named in the Class-action suit as they should, when they get awarded amounts by the courts in those cases, but this is your people's lives that could have been saved if he had paid attention to people instead of money.

But as an economist you and I are either just a "revenue" or a "cost" item so lets cut...

And make sure to cater to those that have the biggest revenue with what we can save on the "cost", that is a large majority of the population (including mid-wage and low-wage earners who pay the most tax, and still get to keep less), because even if they are earning now, chances are they will end-up unemployed after awhile or on Seniors pension so they still count as a cost, long-term.

Economist are not supposed to understand economy, they are just its students , no knowledge needed just a balancing act!

Edited by fairvotecanada