Thank you Jilles, Danny and Jack!

Well ......the end game is the Conservatives are still in power and have even more seats they did than before.........but i don't blame the Liberals for trying to put a brave face on their total defeat before mr Stephen Harper .................lmao

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you and the other mushy headed bigots from the far left do everything you cant o help Gilles Duceppe and his reinvigorated separatist party suceed.

The only person responsible for reinvigorated BQ is Stephen Harper. They were down and out heading into the campaign. Harpers comments were not only foolish and typical of his behaviour, they created a rallying point for both the BQ and the Liberals to defend Quebec.

If Harper had not bothered to make inane comments about culture and artists and then bury himself deeper, (as when he talks unscripted, he can't stop digging), there is every reason to believe that the CPC would have 4 more seats minimum. The BQ could have been reduced this election being replaced by Federal Parties RIGHT, LEFT, and CENTRE, but instead, the CPC is left with .......

Maxime Bernier as their intellectual flag bearer of the right.

Fortier, the unelectable bagman looking to see if Harper will give him his Senate Job Back.

And Duceppe laughing at the clowns who never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to reduce the BQ from political relevance.

Bravo .... Harper.

Wow , they lost 3 seats in Newfoundland, what a crushing blow. And they gained how many overall?

Talk about a skewed outlook, only the fanatical left could paint the conservatives gaining seats in parliament as a positive thing for their cause.

Keep up the good work Newfoundland with your ABC's, I am sure you will be rewarded appropriately for the next few years....

Well ......the end game is the Conservatives are still in power and have even more seats they did than before.........but i don't blame the Liberals for trying to put a brave face on their total defeat before mr Stephen Harper .................lmao

Do you want to know what a real CRUSHING DEFEAT is?

Look at the results of the last Ontario provincial elections.

John TORY (yes, that's his real name) was bragging about possible Con majority in Ontario but ended up giving Liberals a STRONGER MAJORITY and DIDN'T EVEN WIN HIS OWN SEAT.

Now that's what I call a crushing defeat.

:lol::lol::lol:

Wow , they lost 3 seats in Newfoundland, what a crushing blow. And they gained how many overall?

Talk about a skewed outlook, only the fanatical left could paint the conservatives gaining seats in parliament as a positive thing for their cause.

Keep up the good work Newfoundland with your ABC's, I am sure you will be rewarded appropriately for the next few years....

Harper was quite bluntly shown HE'S NOT WELCOME in Quebec and Newfoundland & Labrador. Even with the Liberals being as weak as they were.

Do you want to know what a real CRUSHING DEFEAT is?

Look at the results of the last Ontario provincial elections.

John TORY (yes, that's his real name) was bragging about possible Con majority in Ontario but ended up giving Liberals a STRONGER MAJORITY and DIDN'T EVEN WIN HIS OWN SEAT.

Now that's what I call a crushing defeat.

:lol::lol::lol:

I voted NDP(a waste in Ottawa South with McGuinty's brother there) but John Tory's defeat was based on one poor policy plan(religious education...man that was dumb) which ended it for him right there. As for John Tory losing his seat well that's because he chose to run in a highly contested riding against another very skilled candidate(Liberal Education Minister Kathleen Wynne) rather taking the safe route and pick a guaranteed win. 8P

I wouldn't say John Tory did as badly as Dion. Some conservatives were actually considering keeping him on. Compare that to Dion. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Liberal that doesn't want Dion out....now.

John Tory's defeat was based on one poor policy plan(religious education...man that was dumb) which ended it for him right there.

This election felt the same as the Ontario PRovincial. The Government bashing the crap out of the opposition over really poor policy. (Stanfield anyone) It sure was dumb of Tory, and Dumber of Dion.

Dumb and Dumber. :)

As for John Tory losing his seat well that's because he chose to run in a highly contested riding against another very skilled candidate(Liberal Education Minister Kathleen Wynne) rather taking the safe route and pick a guaranteed win. 8P

The Federal Counter part to this is Elizabeth May. Dion wasn't that dumb. He gets booted out of the leadership while holding a seat. Both Tory and May appear to keep theirs while not holding a seat.

Jack Layton is one of the few Leaders to pull off going after a strong cabinet Minister and knocking them off in a General Election.

I voted NDP(a waste in Ottawa South with McGuinty's brother there)

SInce you wasted your vote, or gave the NDP a $1.95 here is something to look at past the thread title.

The NDP lost some ground in BC yet had more votes then the Liberals.

The NDP got a seat in Alberta (whodathunkit) and more votes then the Liberals.

The NDP got no seats in Sask (whodathunkit) and more votes then the Liberals.

Then NDP got seats in Man (ok, thats expected) and more votes then the Liberals.

The NDP swept most of Northern Ontario getting more votes then the Liberals.

The NDP received more seats in Ontario then the Glorious Ed Broadbent Era. 17 Seats. A record number

The NDP held a seat in Quebec. (whodathunkit) but not more votes then the Liberals.

The NDP Got a seat in Newfoundland. OK, That must be some friend of Danny Williams.

ALberta, Quebec, Newfoundland and Ontarios seat count surprised me. While 3 for their novelty effect, either that or a beachhead. But the Ontario seat count, higher then when ED Broadbent was at his peak in popularity that is a surprise. Ed only had 10 seats in Ontario the year the NDP hit 43.

So, enjoy these little bits, since McGuinty is probably going to be your MP for some time, as he pulled ground on the CPC this election :)

SInce you wasted your vote, or gave the NDP a $1.95 here is something to look at past the thread title.

The NDP got a seat in Alberta (whodathunkit) and more votes then the Liberals.

The NDP got no seats in Sask (whodathunkit) and more votes then the Liberals.

Then NDP got seats in Man (ok, thats expected) and more votes then the Liberals.

The NDP swept most of Northern Ontario getting more votes then the Liberals.

The NDP received more seats in Ontario then the Glorious Ed Broadbent Era. 17 Seats. A record number

The NDP held a seat in Quebec. (whodathunkit) but not more votes then the Liberals.

The NDP Got a seat in Newfoundland. OK, That must be some friend of Danny Williams.

ALberta, Quebec, Newfoundland and Ontarios seat count surprised me. While 3 for their novelty effect, either that or a beachhead. But the Ontario seat count, higher then when ED Broadbent was at his peak in popularity that is a surprise. Ed only had 10 seats in Ontario the year the NDP hit 43.

So, enjoy these little bits, since McGuinty is probably going to be your MP for some time, as he pulled ground on the CPC this election :)

The only reason NDP votes increased is because the Liberal ones decreased.

I wouldn't expect them to be the same in the next election.

This is great if you as me.

The Liberals and the NDP fight over seats on the left while Mr. Harper gets all the votes on the right and some of the centre vote. He has no competition at all...lol.

Keep the Liberals shifting to the left and they're doomed forever. Good for me and other centre-right supporters.

The biggest beneficiary of the Liberal catastrophy was the CPC and not the NDP. Don't make assumptions about voter intention.

If we knew in advance the intention of the voter, we wouldn't have to hold elections. I do not have a crystal ball on how people are going to vote in the next federal election. We don't when it is going to happen or what the main issues will be on the minds of the people in the foreseeable future.

Edited by madmax

The biggest beneficiary of the Liberal catastrophy was the CPC and not the NDP. Don't make assumptions about voter intention.

I'm free to make and share whatever assumptions I choose, just like you are free to disagree with them.

If we knew in advance the intention of the voter, we wouldn't have to hold elections. I do not have a crystal ball on how people are going to vote in the next federal election. We don't when it is going to happen or what the main issues will be on the minds of the people in the foreseeable future.

See above :P

I voted NDP(a waste in Ottawa South with McGuinty's brother there) but John Tory's defeat was based on one poor policy plan(religious education...man that was dumb) which ended it for him right there. As for John Tory losing his seat well that's because he chose to run in a highly contested riding against another very skilled candidate(Liberal Education Minister Kathleen Wynne) rather taking the safe route and pick a guaranteed win. 8P

I wouldn't say John Tory did as badly as Dion. Some conservatives were actually considering keeping him on. Compare that to Dion. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Liberal that doesn't want Dion out....now.

At the very least Dion won his seat.

And yes, he also ran with something he claimed he believes into.

You forgot the NDP highlight of the night here - stealing a seat from Harper in Emerson's old riding. Voters finally had their say on Emerson disenfranchising them, resulting in a pox on both the Con and Lib houses movement and yielded an NDP gain.

How sweet it was....

You forgot the NDP highlight of the night here - stealing a seat from Harper in Emerson's old riding. Voters finally had their say on Emerson disenfranchising them, resulting in a pox on both the Con and Lib houses movement and yielded an NDP gain.

How sweet it was....

Enjoy it while it lasts. That seat will be blue next time for sure.

At the very least Dion won his seat.

And yes, he also ran with something he claimed he believes into.

EVERY Liberal candidates platform was entitled Green Shift and quite frankly, without the Green SHift, there was no platform, or anyway to pay for anything.

So, a typical politician and Liberal............... who knows what he truly believed.

Green Shift not major platform plank, Dion says

Tonda MacCharles/Ottawa Bureau

Liberal leader plays down Green Shift policy after pledges $1.2B in green funding to farmers

Sep 19, 2008 12:34 PM

Comments on this story (125)

Richard Brennan

OTTAWA BUREAU

WINNIPEG–Liberal Leader Stephane Dion said today that his Green Shift plan featuring a controversial carbon tax is not a major part of his election platform.

"You have said it was but never me," Dion told reporters.

More reason to thank Gilles, Danny and Jack.

You haven't got a clue.

In 2006, when Emerson pulled his stunt, the Cons got 13.6% of the vote. How many generations will it take to legally elect a Tory in this Vancouver riding?

Perhaps the Cons should begin with a less daunting task - like electing any MP, anywhere in the nations three biggest cities.

How sweet it was....

Sorry if I am not up on everything NDP. I find what I can to address weaknesses in various posters arguments. I do the same for all parties if I read something offbase that needs addressing or I think it can get the thread going :). It seems that few people here bother speaking of the NDP, so I pick it up when I can.

Thats a couple of things i have missed.

Guess that's your riding ;)

I believe the CPC may move into 2nd place unless the LPC get a wake up call. The CPC were not contenders in 06, but one could suggest they are in striking distance of the NDP if the LPC continue their slide in the next election.

New Democrat Don Davies 15,933 35.20% +1.7%

Liberal Wendy Yuan 13,134 29.02% -14.43%

Conservative Salomon Rayek 12,417 27.43% +8.64%

An 8% rise is nothing to overlook. Nor is a 14% collapse.

Sorry if I am not up on everything NDP. I find what I can to address weaknesses in various posters arguments. I do the same for all parties if I read something offbase that needs addressing or I think it can get the thread going :). It seems that few people here bother speaking of the NDP, so I pick it up when I can.

Thats a couple of things i have missed.

Guess that's your riding ;)

Good plan...an equal opportunity critic. Yes, Vancouver Kingsway is my riding and it is a great relief to have a parliamentary presence that reflects the views of a majority here after 2 years + of a spineless, couldn't-care-less neo-conservative MP.

Harper's politics are alien here ... finally we have a representative that actually represents.