Expert says Cadman tape not altered: court record

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

A tape recording at the centre of Prime Minister Stephen Harper's $3.5-million defamation suit against the Liberal party was not altered as the prime minister has claimed, a court-ordered analysis of the tape by Harper's own audio expert has found.

The key portion of the recorded interview of Harper by a B.C. journalist contains no splices, edits or alterations, says the finding by a U.S. forensic audio expert.

This is the information that Harper wanted out till after the election. Oops.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadman's wife is running for the CPC in a Surrey, BC riding.

Nice try, no story here, unfortunately. Particularly on a Friday evening.

I know that nothing puts clouds in some Tory supporters eyes.

I'd say this means the tape is back in play when it comes to commercials, no?

I know that nothing puts clouds in some Tory supporters eyes.

Does the LPC even have any $ left for commercials?

This is old news. Doesn't Dion have some 10-year old speech with a couple of comparable sentences of standard political rhetoric to send Bob Rae out with? Or is this it?

Stay tuned!

Does the LPC even have any $ left for commercials?

$20 million. Same as the Tories have by law for the election.

This is old news. Doesn't Dion have some 10-year old speech with a couple of comparable sentences of standard political rhetoric to send Bob Rae out with? Or is this it?

Stay tuned!

Old news? I'd say this was the lynchpin of the Harper lawsuit. Now, they can show the raid on Tory headquarters.

$20 million. Same as the Tories have by law for the election.

Old news? I'd say this was the lynchpin of the Harper lawsuit. Now, they can show the raid on Tory headquarters.

OK. Have fun following this non-story.

Meanwhile, while Donna Cadman wins her seat for the CPC, formerly held by her husband supposedly bribed by a life insurance policy that would have been effective impossible to have underwritten, and everyone else focuses on what's important this time around...

OK. Have fun following this non-story.

I will. Thanks!

Meanwhile, while Donna Cadman wins her seat for the CPC, formerly held by her husband supposedly bribed by a life insurance policy that would have been effective impossible to have underwritten, and everyone else focuses on what's important this time around...

That's why Mrs. Cadman called it a "bribe."

As far as news goes, this is small potatoes and Canadians have all but forgotten about "the Cadman affair". Godfather Jean Chretien is coming to Dion's rescue in a massive rally which is now underway. That will dominate the news tonight and in tomorrow's media. I'm sure Canadians will be charmed to have Chretien in their face once again. Also, the "interview" will continue to make the rounds in close circles.

It's time for the final election pitches, not rehashing faux scandals.

Love the CPC supporter responses.

"non-story"

"small potatoes"

How it is that our current Prime Minister may have admitted on tape, that he was part of a conspiracy to bribe a member of Parliament in order to bring down the Martin Liberal Govt., is not a story?

He admitted he knew an offer was being made. Whether or not it is ever proven that there was a conspiracy or bribe offered, is another story. But just knowing what we know makes me want to get to the bottom of it all.

So to me that makes it a story.

I had actually forgetten about the Cadman affair. Good timing that its resurfaced now, just before the election. This is more of a negative for Harper than a boost for Dion. Any leader who breaks the law, no matter which party must be exposed. Harper and CPC are not a transparent party, nor do they have my trust as a Canadian voter.

Two experts say it is edited, one says it isn't. The one who says it's not "doctored" still admits that it is not the raw footage as the author claims (the tape definitely does have stops and starts). And the hearing on the tape is still scheduled for next week. And the hearing is just regarding the defamation lawsuit, not any charges against Harper.

So, no, this is not anything that changes anything.

...Yet.

Which only shows that Harper is being honest about wanting to find the truth. With the finding of the analyst which negates the allegation of Harper, opposition cannot say that the analyst had been bought and/or "bullied" by Harper.

Which only shows that Harper is being honest about wanting to find the truth. With the finding of the analyst which negates the allegation of Harper, opposition cannot say that the analyst had been bought and/or "bullied" by Harper.

They can say that he was lying though.

Actually, Harper is still saying the tape is altered.