Can Everyone Agree This Guy Needs To Get Fired?

SirRiff

Watch it Unka.

- RUDYARD THE INSANE ... IF you can lie all the time without getting banned, I fail to see why I should be banned for telling the truth.

- However, I don't much care because there are not enough posters here to make it a very interesting forum and, frankly, I am not very keen at being on the same forum as a a nutter like you. All of us who have seen your insanity close up on other forums feel this way, which is but one of the reasons you are banned on every other forum that you have ever visited.

- Since this is your forum of last resort, I suggest you watch your congenital prevaricating. Speaking of prevaricating, didn't you say yesterday that you were off to Hawaii? God speed - and the sooner the better.

Unka-

Actually I'm not banned from ANY forum to my knowledge...ok...maybe the Leper one. Which even YOU have too much diginity to visit anymore.

If you feel that this forum is too boring for your tremendous wit & knowledge...please advise us ALL of a better one. We'd be THRILLED to bask in the light of your superior posts.

Are you getting a touch of Alzheimers in your waning years? My "off to Hawaii" was hypethetical based in my hope of a grand migration North/South, a la India /Pakistan.

I haven't heard of it actually being implemented in law today, although I did only skim the dailies.

How's it going out there these days in the grand metropolis of Mississauga ?

Your best friend,

Rudyard the Insane

Can we all get this one back on the main track? (The original thread was "Can we all agree this guy needs to get fired?")

Well, the GUY was fired. And as I walked into my local Provigo to buy a loaf of bread this evening, the front page of the neighbourhood paper (publication date a couple of days ago) had a photo of Jean Lapierre and the quote "No Settling of Accounts".

So, what's going on? What kind of person in Quebec will now sacrifice anything for the federal Liberal Party if it means you might get hung out to dry?

Note to Galahad: If our PM answered ANY question from a journalist involving the phrase "Mr. August 1991", then our country is in much more serious trouble than I ever imagined.

Note to Galahad: If our PM answered ANY question from a journalist involving the phrase "Mr. August 1991", then our country is in much more serious trouble than I ever imagined.

I don't know August...the personal touch is always appreciated by everyone, any time.

BTW...if I may be so bold...what happened in August 1991 that you are commemorating?

( No comment on the Via Rail guy...I just can't get into the minutae of federal civil servant larceny. The big picture is enough for me).

Would you believe the month/year I was born? Well then, would you believe the month/year Get Smart went into re-reruns? How about... the month/year Gorbachev went into reruns?

And why would Gorbachev's demise strike such a chord in you that you still commemorate it 13 years later?

( If I'm coresponding with a 13 year old & not noticing it may God punish me by smiting me immediately & I think Get Smart went into reruns some time in the bloody 70's).

My hope is that Greg will ban both of you.

Reading the article by Graham Thomson in my daily this morning , The Edmonton Journal, titled "Scandal anger may kill Liberal chances" I came upon this little jewel:

"The sad truth is the Liberals' establishment dreads the prospect of Kilgour as Alberta's only MP and therefore a shoe-in for cabinet."

Note the jewel, the misspelled word "shoe-in".

Don Martin spelled that same word the same wrong way in one of his columns about a month back.

After doing some reaserch I found out that it's on the Baron's insistence that they spell it this way.

Why, you ask? Beats me.

I have ALSO found out that it was on the Baron's insistence that Don Martin gave Paul Martin the nickname "The Anti -Chretien" in several of his pieces awhile back.

Do you still hope that Greg bans this man of great national influence.....The Baron of Banality?

I hope not.

Galahad? Still in re-runs several hundred years later? Are we talking horse or sword?

Well Galahad is because I'm exceedingly chivalrous.

But the reason I asked about your handle was that it is such an odd one. Most folks take on one that more resembles a name, not a date. So it perked my curiosity.

And its swords at dawn.

Why does Pelletier get fired but MP Joe Comuzzi keeps his job?

I think Collenette was on about that. It's a good line.

The French reaction has been generally positive about what PM PM has done - but I suspect that any dig to Pelletier/Chretien is appreciated by separatists. There's almost a smell of bloodlust - who will be next? Ouellet? Chretien himself? Can Trudeau be connected to this somehow?

In my view, the English press makes a bigger deal about how this is perceived as a "Quebec scandal" than the French press do. The perception in Quebec is that "the English are dumb and don't get it. It's not Quebec that is scandalous but federalist Quebecers that are scandalous. They'd sell their honour, their grandmother, their language etc. etc."

BTW, all CoS have many enemies. Think of Haldeman, Haig, Sununu. Lalonde was Trudeau's from 68-72. Never met a CoS that wasn't a "bastard/bitch". Goes with the job. Nevertheless, Pelletier has long, winding roots into Quebec politics.

Why does Pelletier get fired but MP Joe Comuzzi keeps his job?

They both insulted millions of Canadians.

Or is this a Martin vendetta against Chretien folks?

A better question is why the media isn't asking that very same question? Only Warren Kinsella has raised it and hopefully it will spark a Liberal family feud that sheds light on the inconsistency of treatment of members based only on allegance to it's leader.

man i dont think martin has done anything great

in a scandal this size, the only resolutino i would accept would be the firing and sueing of dozens of high ranking peole, an independnat investigation, complete rework of the programs in question, and a primetime public explanation by martin on his views and ideas on the matter.

going on a few radio shows saying 'i'm mad as hell' isnt impressing me

Bedard received car from ad firm chief: report

The story was that she received a 70K Mercedes and a portion of the cost was picked up by the ad agency. In addition, one month before leaving Via, she received a letter of commendation from Pelletier.

I'd say the report is a mild salvo in a war possibly starting among federal Liberals. It's usually the Tories that vindictively wash dirty linen in public. I'd be surprised if the Liberals succumbed to a Beirut approach to politics, but who knows.

More salvos in what appears to be a Liberal Civil War. An ill wind blows no good and it's always better to have them inside peeing out etc. etc. More pertinently, the Liberals have relied on their seeming "professionalism" compared to all the other amateurs. Well, now the Liberals look the amateurs.

Pelletier: It is obvious that the real story lies both in the internal Martin-Chrétien struggle, which those who are in power seem to be continuing despite the fact that the leadership race is over, as well as in the context of the sponsorship issue.
You can read Pelletier's whole letter in today's Globe: Pelletier in G&M

And then on CTV, we've got a Gagliano interview:

Despite that, "the language of the Auditor General was over-inflated, and you see the language of Paul Martin was over-inflated," he said. Martin is trying to get re-elected and wants to distance himself from the previous government, he said. "But he can't; he was part of it."

Gagliano CTV

The best of all though is Margaret Wente's column in the Globe & Mail today about Stevie Cameron.

It also revives serious questions about the competence and politicization of the RCMP, and about the misuse of power by senior Liberal politicians in Ottawa.

Wente G&M

I heard Sheila Copps quoted as saying there is a divide between the "Social Liberals" and the "Financial Liberals". Copps is a Liberal's Liberal and Liberals never say such things. It's the Tories that tear themselves apart.

All of this dirty laundry is coming out in the most amateurish, bungled manner. Student council politics are more sophisticated.

I sure don't get that Stevie Cameron thing.

Sometimes there is no explaining human nature, and also often we don't get the full story from the media.

Also some guy, a former advertising person I believe, has announced the launch of a class-action suit against the government I presume, to retrieve the missing sponsorship scandal money.

He says it amounts to $50. for each Canadian.

But isn't that like suing yourself? :D

The PMO probably has all these "falls from grace" plotted on a timeline chart leading up to the rumoured April 4th dropping of the writ. Wouldn't you love to see the list?

I wonder what kind of feedback the MPs are returning with from their week off back in their constituencies.

Are enough Canadians going to buy into Martin's "dealing with the scandal" to allow him to call the election soon?

No kidding Martin wants to get the election over with ASAP, as it appears there are going to be major scandal reverberations for some time to come. The race against time for Martin is on. ;)

What La Presse got was a home video made for the 50th birthday of the CEO of one of the ad agencies that got a big chunk of the moulah. In the video, we see Coderre cracking jokes about the guy and saying how much the government appreciates his work.

Coderre video

What's damning is it's familiarity, and Coderre comes across as slightly goofy. This one's going to do the French internet tour.