The Rock comes back

Newfoundland got screwed by Quebec in Labrador and Danny Williams has patiently waited to bring his people the riches they so well deserve.

The day has come, and recruiters are out looking to make a buck by raiding the roles of the Oilsands.

Good for you Danny. You go boy.

I like Danny Williams and from what I've seen, I like to see him run for PM but the only problem is he's a PCer and there no Fed. PC party. Would he try to create one or could he???

I too admire his spunk but I think it would be a dumb move for him to try to run for PM. Danny's attitudes during his fights with Ottawa and many of the things he said have alienated him from many in the rest of Canada.

He's the man for Newfoundland but he's ticked off too many folks off the rock to ever have a chance at leading the nation. Some of the things he's said about Ontario would make it very unlikely he'd get many votes there.

Newfoundland got screwed by Quebec in Labrador and Danny Williams has patiently waited to bring his people the riches they so well deserve.

The day has come, and recruiters are out looking to make a buck by raiding the roles of the Oilsands.

Good for you Danny. You go boy.

Not quite correct.

Newfoundland got screwed by Joey Smallwood, who negotiated a horrible deal with smarter people from another province, and did it willingly.

eta: Wacky Bennett did the same thing in BC, negotiated a terrible deal on hydro with the US.

Edited by fellowtraveller

I too admire his spunk but I think it would be a dumb move for him to try to run for PM. Danny's attitudes during his fights with Ottawa and many of the things he said have alienated him from many in the rest of Canada.

He's the man for Newfoundland but he's ticked off too many folks off the rock to ever have a chance at leading the nation. Some of the things he's said about Ontario would make it very unlikely he'd get many votes there.

Danny Williams has another problem. You might have heard about the 400 women who were misdiagnosed and told they didn't have breast cancer. Then they started dying. Last I heard over 100 had died and there is a federal enquiry going on to figure out what went wrong.

At the outset the presiding judge stated that the purpose of the enquiry was not to find criminal culpability but rather to find what went wrong and ensure that it didn't happen again.

It didn't take long to find out that one of the reasons the enquiry isn't looking for criminal wrong doing is that information about what was going wrong was given to the Nfld Premier two and a half years ago. It sat on his desk for an undetermined (to my knowledge) length of time and he did nothing.

It is a federal crime to know that something of that nature is going on and not taking steps to deal with it. It's a case of should have known or did know. Either way, he appears to be criminally liable in the case along with quite a number of others.

Over six months ago, I asked a Provincial Health Minister who is also a litigation lawyer what would happen if after the enquiry was over, I pressed criminal charges against the Nfld Premier. He had responded twice previously to other communications with me but not to that one.

I haven't begun to investigate that case yet but if I get time I will. If I find evidence of criminal wrong-doing I'll go forward and press the charges.

The viability of the charges rest with the perception of public good. In this case, the Premier's career might be considered to be worth more than the lives of the four hundred abused women. Or it might be that the Crown might feel that no useful purpose would be served even if he were found guilty. The challenge is to overcome those views in the face of a potentially highly biased judiciary.

Regardless, the details that would come out should I decide to investigate would probably be difficult to ignore since I'd make sure every elected federal and provincial official got a copy of my findings.

There is no shortage of crimes being perpetrated right under our noses by government officials. The key is to be familiar enough with the legislation to understand when a crime has been committed. Having uncovered a potential crime, there remains the effort and considerable luck needed to bring it to the point where it can be prosecuted.

The way to prosecute these things is to dump it on the police force with jurisdiction in that area.

The first thing that'll happen will be the police will say they cannot prosecute for whatever reason.

At that point, your communications with the police have to be well documented and added to your research records. You go through a series of denials and each one is an obstruction of justice.

At some point, when you have enough evidence, you can either go public or start doing what I do and e-mail the information to every public official that matters to ensure that the police don't get away with continued obstructions.

I'm at that point with a case right now and will be doing the publicizing of the case in short order unless I hear from the police that they are going to act on information I supplied rather than "act appropriately" which is what their lawyer said. By that, the response could easily mean the police intend to do nothing. About three months or more have elapsed since the lawyer responded to my queries. I've been waiting until the Ontario Legislature resumes before I act. Before I do, I'll give the lawyer one last chance.

Danny Williams has another problem. You might have heard about the 400 women who were misdiagnosed and told they didn't have breast cancer. Then they started dying. Last I heard over 100 had died and there is a federal enquiry going on to figure out what went wrong.

At the outset the presiding judge stated that the purpose of the enquiry was not to find criminal culpability but rather to find what went wrong and ensure that it didn't happen again.

It didn't take long to find out that one of the reasons the enquiry isn't looking for criminal wrong doing is that information about what was going wrong was given to the Nfld Premier two and a half years ago. It sat on his desk for an undetermined (to my knowledge) length of time and he did nothing.

It is a federal crime to know that something of that nature is going on and not taking steps to deal with it. It's a case of should have known or did know. Either way, he appears to be criminally liable in the case along with quite a number of others.

Over six months ago, I asked a Provincial Health Minister who is also a litigation lawyer what would happen if after the enquiry was over, I pressed criminal charges against the Nfld Premier. He had responded twice previously to other communications with me but not to that one.

I haven't begun to investigate that case yet but if I get time I will. If I find evidence of criminal wrong-doing I'll go forward and press the charges.

The viability of the charges rest with the perception of public good. In this case, the Premier's career might be considered to be worth more than the lives of the four hundred abused women. Or it might be that the Crown might feel that no useful purpose would be served even if he were found guilty. The challenge is to overcome those views in the face of a potentially highly biased judiciary.

Regardless, the details that would come out should I decide to investigate would probably be difficult to ignore since I'd make sure every elected federal and provincial official got a copy of my findings.

There is no shortage of crimes being perpetrated right under our noses by government officials. The key is to be familiar enough with the legislation to understand when a crime has been committed. Having uncovered a potential crime, there remains the effort and considerable luck needed to bring it to the point where it can be prosecuted.

The way to prosecute these things is to dump it on the police force with jurisdiction in that area.

The first thing that'll happen will be the police will say they cannot prosecute for whatever reason.

At that point, your communications with the police have to be well documented and added to your research records. You go through a series of denials and each one is an obstruction of justice.

At some point, when you have enough evidence, you can either go public or start doing what I do and e-mail the information to every public official that matters to ensure that the police don't get away with continued obstructions.

I'm at that point with a case right now and will be doing the publicizing of the case in short order unless I hear from the police that they are going to act on information I supplied rather than "act appropriately" which is what their lawyer said. By that, the response could easily mean the police intend to do nothing. About three months or more have elapsed since the lawyer responded to my queries. I've been waiting until the Ontario Legislature resumes before I act. Before I do, I'll give the lawyer one last chance.

Those poor women! And it would appear that it was all so unnecessary!

I commend you for your zeal! If nothing else, you may put the 'fear of God' into some of those officials and help ensure that complacent attitudes will not be allowed to let such a thing happen again.

If the details you've mentioned prove true, I will have no respect whatsoever for Mr. Williams.