Immigration being made easier

Check the MLS listings (if you even know what that is) and you could find more than you could count. If that's beyond you, I could link some to you. It took me literally 30 seconds to find 10 houses in Ontario under $80,000.00. Sure, they're not exactly 2000 sqft in Toronto or anything, but that's pretty affordable.

Again you show you're really having trouble grasping simple logic.

Better check that MLS again. Yes, you are correct that you can find such houses. The problem is that they all will involve a 1500 km. commute to work every day.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a couple of those listings were trailer homes and one listed no bedrooms or bathrooms but still, I see your point.

However, Newcastle? Durham? Do you consider that within an hour's drive?

Do you live in the area yourself or are you just looking at the map scale? I was an outside salesman for years in that area and some days it would take me over an hour just to get from one side of Toronto to the other. If there was holiday weekend traffic there were times it took me 3 to 4 hours!

The amount of traffic congestion can be unbelievable if you haven't experienced it for yourself. There's a big difference between the theory of being within a radius of 50 miles and being able to actually traverse those 50 miles.

Well, a couple of those listings were trailer homes and one listed no bedrooms or bathrooms but still, I see your point.

However, Newcastle? Durham? Do you consider that within an hour's drive?

Do you live in the area yourself or are you just looking at the map scale? I was an outside salesman for years in that area and some days it would take me over an hour just to get from one side of Toronto to the other. If there was holiday weekend traffic there were times it took me 3 to 4 hours!

The amount of traffic congestion can be unbelievable if you haven't experienced it for yourself. There's a big difference between the theory of being within a radius of 50 miles and being able to actually traverse those 50 miles.

I live in central Toronto...the drive from Oshawa to Scarborough is less than a hour although it has taken an hour and a half. The GO train makes it even easier.

Better check that MLS again. Yes, you are correct that you can find such houses. The problem is that they all will involve a 1500 km. commute to work every day.

First off way to exaggerate wildly, and second of all nobody is forcing you to live in Toronto. That's a lifestyle you pay for with your wallet. If you choose to live in Toronto instead of commuting from outskirts you're going to end up paying more for a smaller house and you'll be able to afford less of everything.

Again, this goes back to the lifestyle choices of the Baby Boomers and their offspring. We need immigration in this country because our current population isn't having enough babies (this is for Whowhere). We're not having enough babies because we don't want to live the meagre lifestyle of our parents and grandparents. My father had nothing growing up and my grandmother supported 3 kids on a librarians salary and a pension from my dead grandfather. You can do this today still. You're just not going to be eating out much, your kids will be wearing hand-me-downs with patches, you'll be driving a jalopy and you'll never go anywhere for vacation...just like families from the 1950's.

Families today want to live differently.

First off way to exaggerate wildly, and second of all nobody is forcing you to live in Toronto. That's a lifestyle you pay for with your wallet. If you choose to live in Toronto instead of commuting from outskirts you're going to end up paying more for a smaller house and you'll be able to afford less of everything.

Again, this goes back to the lifestyle choices of the Baby Boomers and their offspring. We need immigration in this country because our current population isn't having enough babies (this is for Whowhere). We're not having enough babies because we don't want to live the meagre lifestyle of our parents and grandparents. My father had nothing growing up and my grandmother supported 3 kids on a librarians salary and a pension from my dead grandfather. You can do this today still. You're just not going to be eating out much, your kids will be wearing hand-me-downs with patches, you'll be driving a jalopy and you'll never go anywhere for vacation...just like families from the 1950's.

Families today want to live differently.

Exaggeration? I think of it as hyperbole, myself! :P

And no one has forced me to live in Toronto, thank heavens! Force is what it would take before I'd make that choice. I would find David Miller and his council far too frustrating.

Toronto is totally different than any other part of Ontario. Or maybe even Canada. Or maybe even Earth! At the very least they should be given provincial status to prevent them from getting all the political attention and leaving the rest of the province dangling.

"You can do this today still. You're just not going to be eating out much, your kids will be wearing hand-me-downs with patches, you'll be driving a jalopy and you'll never go anywhere for vacation...just like families from the 1950's. "

Geez, with two incomes we're doing that now! ;)

Exaggeration? I think of it as hyperbole, myself! :P

And no one has forced me to live in Toronto, thank heavens! Force is what it would take before I'd make that choice. I would find David Miller and his council far too frustrating.

Toronto is totally different than any other part of Ontario. Or maybe even Canada. Or maybe even Earth! At the very least they should be given provincial status to prevent them from getting all the political attention and leaving the rest of the province dangling.

"You can do this today still. You're just not going to be eating out much, your kids will be wearing hand-me-downs with patches, you'll be driving a jalopy and you'll never go anywhere for vacation...just like families from the 1950's. "

Geez, with two incomes we're doing that now! ;)

My apologies then for not seeing hyperbole for hyperbole. Some of the forum posts here have me seeing the worst in people :S

I for one am glad for you that you're not in Toronto. They'd have to triple my wages to get me to even consider living there.

As for two incomes, that's really the key nowadays. The Single Income family is largely a thing of the past for most people.

• 1 month later...
Article in Paper

Immigration being made easier

Canada continues to be steered into whoredom and immolation by the Conservatives. You build a society from within, not from without jerkoffs. Oust these SOB's before they dilute Canada into a souless wasteland. I am figuring this is already to late.

Link? This reads like you wrote it.

And FYI, my ancestors came to the US between 1890 and 1910. We are productive, good citizens, and are as patriotic as anyone. Or do only FN's count?

Link? This reads like you wrote it.

And FYI, my ancestors came to the US between 1890 and 1910. We are productive, good citizens, and are as patriotic as anyone. Or do only FN's count?

I got that aricle out the community paper. Your ancestor came to Canada the honorable way and set out to build a new life in a new Country. That is much different than a big ass corporatation bypassing Canadian jobseekers and bringing in foreign workers because these corporations claim they can't find the skillset from Canadian Jobseekers. So these foreign workers get a well paying job and free Canada health Care. After they are here they are given the red carpet treatment by the Conservatives to permanent resident status which gives them the right to vote and influence any political decisions being made. Amazing, what other Country does that? Someone please provide a list! I am interested ;)

So how does that compare to an immigrant that hops on a boat shows up in a new country then sets about building a life for themselves. Your ancestors struggled for the Canadian/American Dream. The Conservatives are giving it away because they hate Canada and hate Canadians.

I suggest Canadians learn fast to hate the Conservatives Back at the ballot box before they ruin Canada further with their delusional policies.

Name one other country in the world that issues out citizenship as easy as Canada??

Isn't that GRAND?

I bet you'd be even more pissed if you knew how many people I've sponsored :D

Why is it that Canada can only grow through immigration?

Maybe if the state would provide free child care and university WE CANADIANS would multiply more.

The last thing we need are immigrants who come here for the work, not for the love of the country. There are way too many people who find a comfortable lifestyle and they could care less about Canadian identity, future or whatsoever.

There you go again... How's the queeny doing? ;)

As I said in-depth in another post of yours, yesterday's immigrants were not mythical angels - some worked hard, and others didn't, some kept their noses clean, and others turned to crime. Some integrated, some didn't bother to learn English.

The belief that immigrants of old were fundamentally different than immigrants of today in terms of integration and work ethic is nothing more than a myth.

Why is that a problem? :blink:

:D

Because, as we both know from lived and learned experience: people who live in ethnically segregated communities or monocultural communities don't get to interact with non-white folks on a daily basis like we do, they don't have a memory bank full of positive relationships and interactions with non-white folks like we do.

The only way they know non-white folks is through the media, and more often than not, that comes in the form of crime reports and other negative press. It's not like there isn't a lot of white criminals as well, but they don't view white folks negatively because they have a lot of positive relationships to draw on to balance out the negative imagery.

Of course, if you live in an all-white town, you're not going to have the opportunity to say, have a best friend who's Muslim and who's family treats your Jewish ass like one of their own.

There's a reason why studies show a correlation between how many friends one has who are of a different ethnicity than themselves, and that person's tendency towards xenophobia.

Because, as we both know from lived and learned experience: people who live in ethnically segregated communities or monocultural communities don't get to interact with non-white folks on a daily basis like we do, they don't have a memory bank full of positive relationships and interactions with non-white folks like we do.

The only way they know non-white folks is through the media, and more often than not, that comes in the form of crime reports and other negative press. It's not like there isn't a lot of white criminals as well, but they don't view white folks negatively because they have a lot of positive relationships to draw on to balance out the negative imagery.

Of course, if you live in an all-white town, you're not going to have the opportunity to say, have a best friend who's Muslim and who's family treats your Jewish ass like one of their own.

There's a reason why studies show a correlation between how many friends one has who are of a different ethnicity than themselves, and that person's tendency towards xenophobia.

I think ww's original post was expressing alarm over "Canadians of old" going extinct.

Unless he's talking about the First Nations - I don't see a problem.

But you're right: I think the bigger the city - the more interracial and inter-enthnic communication there is.

There you go again... How's the queeny doing? ;)

Where do you suppose we find our identity? I think I know what you are going to say.. However, modern "multiculturalism" is contradictory when it comes to identity. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against immigrants, as I am no native born Canadian. The fact is that we are under self imposed segregation, we have drawn tolerance lines all over the place - "you don't touch my culture and I wont touch yours". I have no doubt that all the intentions are good, but now we have immigrants who fail to assimilate and would not even admit that they are Canadian (based on their strong Iranian, Chinese..etc. heritages).

Anyhow, what's the queen got to do with it? The source of national pride will come from within, from the people. A monarch does not have power over this, we have to do it ourselves. By the way, Canadian nationalism does not equal pride for the queen. We may be under the authority of the queen, but if it ever comes down to choosing between the interests of the queen versus the interests of Canada - I will choose Canada. It just happens that I strongly agree with the governmental system of the "constitutional monarchy". As the interests of my country are at heart, I will see to the best of my ability, that we will uphold the best form of government this world has to offer this country.

Edited by Hcheh

Where do you suppose we find our identity? I think I know what you are going to say.. However, modern "multiculturalism" is contradictory when it comes to identity. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against immigrants, as I am no native born Canadian. The fact is that we are under self imposed segregation, we have drawn tolerance lines all over the place - "you don't touch my culture and I wont touch yours". I have no doubt that all the intentions are good, but now we have immigrants who fail to assimilate and would not even admit that they are Canadian (based on their strong Iranian, Chinese..etc. heritages).

Anyhow, what's the queen got to do with it? The source of national pride will come from within, from the people. A monarch does not have power over this, we have to do it ourselves. By the way, Canadian nationalism does not equal pride for the queen. We may be under the authority of the queen, but if it ever comes down to choosing between the interests of the queen versus the interests of Canada - I will choose Canada. It just happens that I strongly agree with the governmental system of the "constitutional monarchy". As the interests of my country are at heart, I will see to the best of my ability, that we will uphold the best form of government this world has to offer this country.

Ok, What does this have to do with the Conservatives Giving away what little in the way of Full Time Employment opportunites there are to foreigners on Work Permits? The Conservatives have enabled Employers to bypass Canadian Job Seekers to fill Employment openings at their company. Often these employers only have to quickly advertise a position then immediately claim they can't find the skillset within Canada and then they are able to recruit abroad. Once these newly recruited workers are here in Canada the Conservatives have rolled out the red Carpet to granting these individuals permanent resident status which enables them to have a vote on who is elected to government. The Conservatives are crapping on Canadians and those immigrants who came to Canada through legitimate channels.

Canada's unemployment is 6%. 6% of 34 million is 2 million people looking for work. Canada created 100 hundred thousand jobs in September (mostly partime dishwasher/restraunt jobs - if you can call those jobs). That leaves 1.9 million people still looking for work. So Why are the conservative giving away Canadian opportunities to Foreigners?

Not only are the Conservatives Giving away Canadian jobs they are now giving 25 Billion dollars to the Banks to buyup all their subprime mortgages. These are mortgages made to immigrants and those with iffy credit who will default on their mortgage should they lose their job. So not only are the Conservative Giving away your jobs they are giving away your hard payed tax dollars to these so called economic migrants.

My premise from the start is to protest the Governor Generals office, The Queen's Address in England, and the International Court to make them aware of the Evil being wrought on Canada by the Political and Bureacratic Trash of Canada.

The trash have prostituted Canada to the world for what exactly I do not know. As a god loving man I suggest these trash heed God's words very closely because I am sure God will revisit their iniquity upon them in his own time. These trough eatings politician and bureacrats know not what they have done nor do they have any regard for what they have done to Canada. I will say Canada is the land of the devils.

EZRA 9

10 And now, O our God, what shall we say after this? for we have forsaken thy commandments.

11 Which thou has commanded by the servants the prophets, saying, The land, unto which ye go to possess it, is an unclean land with the filthiness of the people of the lands, with their abominations, which have filled it from one end to another with their uncleanness.

12 Now therefore give not your daughters unto their sons, neither take their daughters unto their sons, neither take their daughters unto your sons, nor seek their peace or their wealth forever: that ye may be strong, and eat the good of the land, and leave it for an inheritance to your children forever.

You want to spit on God, take heed and do so at your own immortal peril :angry: Filthy trash is what filthy trash does.

So then you also must admit that without immigrants there would be no Canada as you know it. Some of the most progressive young families, bright people from all over the world come to live here - over 200,000 every year. Most of them ARE ready and willing to integrate and accept North American culture (believe it or not there's not that much difference between USA and Canada, with the exception of Quebec). The ones that are not are either too old or come from some backwards 3rd world countries. The most stark example of non-integration are Muslim women wearing burkas even when they go to swim (it has got to be really uncomfortable, not to mention unsafe).

Most immigrants will gladly help you "uphold the best form of government this world has to offer this country".

You want to spit on God, take heed and do so at your own immortal peril :angry: Filthy trash is what filthy trash does.

You must pray, my friend...

Pray that God forgives your hatred and ignorance.

Pray that He teaches you humility and love for your neighbour.

Pray that He opens your eyes and doesn't let you die stupid.

Amen...