Does Canada really want Canadians to have families?

Currently what initiatives does the federal government provide to encourage Canadians to raise families?

Immigration seems to be no problem with the feds spending billions of dollars relating to the cost of immigration and immigrants in Canada.

So why the problem with not providing incentives for Canadians to have families?

Is there more that meets the eye?

No leafless, Ottawa will not get a wife for you.

The last thing I need is the state meddling around in relationships.

I do not believe there is a need for immigration.

What has happened is that quality jobs have disappeared related to manufacturing and have been replaced by menial service oriented jobs many Canadians do not want.

Immigrants are being brought in to fill these menial jobs.

I honestly believe that if Canadian companies had the ability to create jobs that provided a secure future Canadians would have the incentive to have families.

The country is slowly transforming into a low class minimum wage society.

Currently what initiatives does the federal government provide to encourage Canadians to raise families?

Immigration seems to be no problem with the feds spending billions of dollars relating to the cost of immigration and immigrants in Canada.

So why the problem with not providing incentives for Canadians to have families?

Is there more that meets the eye?

there seems to be a contradiction ...

The last thing I need is the state meddling around in relationships.

:lol::lol:

Observations are fact.

Are you in denial that the country is in an acute state of confusion caused by the collapse of conventional capitalism?

Collapse??? Bad conservative... bad.

What is happening here IS the progression of capitialism, quite the contrary to your statement. If its cheaper from a materials or labour perspective to close shop and build eleswhere, thats what happens. Shitty, isn't it?

Speak for yourself.

Mmm, this may be quite relivent to the topic at hand.

It's 2020 and the days in Toronto when everyone used the public health care system are gone. So is the time when a majority of affluent, middle-class parents sent their kids to public schools.

In 2020, vast tracts of suburban slums occupy what used to be good farmland on the city's outskirts. Traffic congestion and air pollution are unbearable. Toronto's reputation as one of North America's most liveable cities is a distant memory. It's now known as the "the Sao Paulo of the north."

Stoffman on immigration and overcrowding

That was an interesting article. it actually strikes a chord with me as I lived in the vicinity of the GTA area for a number of years and that fact was instrumental in my decision to move to Southern Alberta. Perhaps I'm unfairly biased in my view but I simply can not stand Toronto or the surrounding areas such as Richmond Hill, Markham, etc. etc. Just one giant mess of concrete and people all crammed together.

However the article is still speculative as its based on a perceived reality that in fact is forecast for a time 12 years from now. That is not to say that it is impossible, or even improbable for that matter, however one can not discount the possibility of a signal shift in demographics over such a period of time.

Still, in all likely hood what is forecast may very well come to be. I'm so very happy that I chose not to live in a major urban area. I like walking down the street and seeing rolling prairies rising into the foothills and mountains, its much much nicer than some crap condo development or strip mall.

I like walking down the street and seeing rolling prairies rising into the foothills and mountains, its much much nicer than some crap condo development or strip mall.

Much nicer for you.....not for all of us though. Heck , some of us still like living here. Actually millions do.