Bernier Resigns

Its not grasping its compairing, Bernier resigned for his mistake, he did the right thing.

The fact is the compairson hit a cord, you and the left hold no moral authority. You can forgive one of your own for what is far, far worse transgression.

Funny when your demons come out of the closet you try to write it off as a rant and desperation to divert attention. Your spin works both ways... let me give you an example:

Cleavage-gate is nothing but the lefts desperation to divert attention away a weak leader, a weak party, one policy (carbon tax), and nothing else, but pathetic attemps at mud slinging.

Your hypocrisy is showing.

Canada is a laughing stock around the world right now. Nice going, Conservative party.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

Meanwhile, the Bernier affair has overshadowed the prime minister's European tour. Editors have splashed headlines of the scandal in dozens of papers across the continent. Rome's La Stampa newspaper's front-page headline read: "NATO plans in the lover's room."

"(And) on the front page of Corriere della Sera (the headline was) . . . 'Lovestruck minister loses his head and his documents,'' said Italian-born Maurizio Bevilacqua, a Liberal MP who interpreted the headline for a Canadian Press reporter.

"When the prime minister launched his European tour, are these really the headlines he was hoping for,'' asked Bevilacqua.

The opposition says the entire affair deservers nothing short of a full public inquiry and an investigation by the RCMP. The Tories have said foreign affairs is conducting an internal investigation and will ask for outside help if required.

It is so amusing for the right wing to desperately raise the spectre of Trudeau. What a joke the Tories are nowadays.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think of it, you indicated I ranted, I saw no rant, just a coherent statement of fact and truth.

Something you lack when writing about Bernier.

The rant is the typical rant that the right wing uses on Trudeau.

Quick to forgive an MP for statements he made years ago but anger and frothy mouthed rants about Trudeau who has been gone a long, long time. What next? Got some stuff on Laurier?

By the way, I love the primary news site the link comes from. I'm surprised that the abortion issue wasn't thrown in for good measure.

Edited by jdobbin

Canada is a laughing stock around the world right now. Nice going, Conservative party.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

It is so amusing for the right wing to desperately raise the spectre of Trudeau. What a joke the Tories are nowadays.

The Tories raise the spectres of Trudeau, funny the liberals trot out Justin ever chance they get.

Again the comparison still sticks.

Dating a bad girl vs. praising Stalin?

The left and the liberals have no moral authority

The Tories raise the spectres of Trudeau, funny the liberals trot out Justin ever chance they get.

Again the comparison still sticks.

Dating a bad girl vs. praising Stalin?

The left and the liberals have no moral authority

But the Liberals!

Please stop. There are rules on too much comedy here.

The rant is the typical rant that the right wing uses on Trudeau.

Quick to forgive an MP for statements he made years ago but anger and frothy mouthed rants about Trudeau who has been gone a long, long time. What next? Got some stuff on Laurier?

Nothing on Laurier, not a great Prime Minister, but not the worst.

By the way, I love the primary news site the link comes from. I'm surprised that the abortion issue wasn't thrown in for good measure.

Hey thanks, I forgot to mention how gutless the Liberals are on making desicons on social issues, they just defer their jobs to the Supreme court of Canada.

Nothing on Laurier, not a great Prime Minister, but not the worst.

What? He was not the horror of Canada, destroyer of worlds?

Hey thanks, I forgot to mention how gutless the Liberals are on making desicons on social issues, they just defer their jobs to the Supreme court of Canada.

Guess, we'll see the Tories draft a new law to stop abortion and show the real guts they have.

What? He was not the horror of Canada, destroyer of worlds?

Guess, we'll see the Tories draft a new law to stop abortion and show the real guts they have.

Harper did have the guts to revisit and settle the gay marriage issue in the house with a free vote, something the liberals were far to scared to do.

Thats interesting, I don't find you illusions very funny.

I'm sure you don't. However, anytime I hear 'but the Liberals", it makes me laugh. It is the type of defence that keeps the Tories firmly rooted in minority territory.

Harper did have the guts to revisit and settle the gay marriage issue in the house with a free vote, something the liberals were far to scared to do.

Why didn't he make it a confidence vote? Kind of cowardly.

I'm sure you don't. However, anytime I hear 'but the Liberals", it makes me laugh. It is the type of defence that keeps the Tories firmly rooted in minority territory.

No having the Tories record compared with yours scares the hell out of you, so you have this insatiable need to try to spin it away.

No having the Tories record compared with yours scares the hell out of you, so you have this insatiable need to try to spin it away.

Yup. And you can't resist replying. Curse the Liberals and the media for being so unfair!

Tell me how you tie a revisit of the definition of marriage to a confidence matter, it can't be tied to a budget bill.

Confidence can be on anything the government determines it is. Look it up.

Yup. And you can't resist replying. Curse the Liberals and the media for being so unfair!

I've made peace with that, maybe that should be directed at the leftist activists who are always whining for more government funds for their vocal and vested interests.

You post confirms mine. Anything but being held up for comparison.

Confidence can be on anything the government determines it is. Look it up.

No it can't look it up.

It must be a a money bill or a peice of vital legislation that has been declaired in the speech from the throne.

Otherwise PMPM could not have ignored that matter of confidence brought forward from the opposition parties during his term. Or are you saying that he was wrong and should have dissolved parliment?

I've made peace with that, maybe that should be directed at the leftist activists who are always whining for more government funds for their vocal and vested interests.

And the Tories spend like drunken sailors as has been shown here many times.

Here is what Don Martin says on Bernier and Harper.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/b...c3-891e9ee25311

But, at the risk of sounding like a grumpy old busybody, that five-week gap between Bernier's bizarre document dropoff at Julie Couillard's home and her subsequent surrender of the NATO briefing book to unknown officials last Sunday is where the truth in this story seems to check out -- and fails to check back in.

The government continues to deny the possibility of a security breach -- very unconvincingly -- even though spy-worthy papers were in the possession of a woman with some rather shady biker gang pals in her past.

As of her television interview on Monday night, she had not been interviewed by federal security forces to question her possible viewing, copying or distribution of the documents.

Thus, the government cannot state with any authority that a security breach has not occurred.

No it can't look it up.

It must be a a money bill or a peice of vital legislation that has been declaired in the speech from the throne.

Otherwise PMPM could not have ignored that matter of confidence brought forward from the opposition parties during his term. Or are you saying that he was wrong and should have dissolved parliment?

I'm sorry I can't debate someone who doesn't even know the the basics of confidence. Harper can call an election based on confidence even if it is not a money bill. He was about to call confidence on the the Senate not passing his crime bill fast enough. He was going to call an election based on his perceived logjam in committees even when they had nothing to do with a money bill.

Maybe someone wiser on the right will enlighten those who don't know this.

Oh but think of the money that could be laundered. ;)

Luandering money through legalized pot??? I don't think so.

The CPC did organized crime a huge favour when they took a hardline stance on marijuana. Prohibition of alcohol is what made the mafia powerful, and prohibition on pot is doing the same to organized crime today.

Quebec is a huge supplier of "industrial weed". Good stuff, but not top quality.

A biker gang infiltrating the government astoundingly ludicrous.

Hmmm.... being in a position to blackmail public officials is totally absurd? Ofcourse no money or contracts would ever be garnered from being in such a position.

From what I personally know, a lot of bikers have jobs in one sector that could easily benifit from influencing government officials.

Construction.

A total for-instance: What if Bernier had been doing a good job. Quebecer's are warming up to the CPC because of Bernier's professional ways, with success after success when sent abroad. Harper decides to award him by using govt funding to do something nice in Bernier's riding. Perhaps opening a Govt. office which provides local employment. Didn't Harper already put two airbases somewhere? Anyways, this new endeavour is going to need to be built.

Now if a biker gang had influence over him, they could get Bernier to "suggest" that the finance minister "look" at the bid from his "friend's" Contstrucion company, who I am sure would be amongst the lowest bidders anyway. Or simply award the contract, as I believe this govt has already done once.

Now this is where your money laundering would take place, my friend, Alta4ever. Not only that, but there are millions to be made in imaginary cost over-runs and production delays.

To start, it could be as simple as the girlfriend introducing Bernier to some guy at a party. It snowballs from there. Bernier may never find out the guy is a biker for years.

Just a scenario of what could happen. Sound more like a John Grisham novel, but my thoughts are based on a true story of what happens when politics and construction get in bed together.

Brown & Root

And the Tories spend like drunken sailors as has been shown here many times.

I love how you spin the fact that the CPC has returned the money back to the all the citizens of this country, that for years where over taxed by previous liberal governments.

I'm sorry I can't debate someone who doesn't even know the the basics of confidence. Harper can call an election based on confidence even if it is not a money bill. He was about to call confidence on the the Senate not passing his crime bill fast enough. He was going to call an election based on his perceived logjam in committees even when they had nothing to do with a money bill.

Maybe someone wiser on the right will enlighten those who don't know this.

His crime bill was part of his throne speech.

The log jam in commitees was holding up key legislation that was again part of the throne speech, which makes it a matter of confidence.

Maybe someone on the left can enlighten you on parlimentary procedure and tradition.

His crime bill was part of his throne speech.

The log jam in commitees was holding up key legislation that was again part of the throne speech, which makes it a matter of confidence.

Maybe someone on the left can enlighten you on parlimentary procedure and tradition.

You are confused. Some of the committee work had nothing to do with the throne speech and did not cover any current legislation.

Basically, you are saying everything is related to the throne speech and therefore everything is a matter of confidence if the government chooses so.

Edited by jdobbin

I love how you spin the fact that the CPC has returned the money back to the all the citizens of this country, that for years where over taxed by previous liberal governments.

Flaherty spent beyond what he promised in every budget he has been responsible for. More broken Tory promises.

Edited by jdobbin

She was married to one, lived with another. It is called close relations.

Sirois, the one to whom she was married, became an informant so there's really no connection with organized crime there. The previous boyfriend is dead. As far as other associations:

Mr. Sirois once told a court that a Quebec crime kingpin suspected Ms. Couillard of being friendly with police and ordered an end to the relationship; he might even have ordered her murdered.

As I mentioned earlier, you don't do attempt to break up your wedding or kill you a favour. And in this case, there's really no favour to be had, since the Hell's Angel's aren't likely interested in foreign affairs.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/p.../08/169434.aspx

Sirois, the one to whom she was married, became an informant so there's really no connection with organized crime there. The previous boyfriend is dead. As far as other associations:

She was associated with a number of bikers. The Tories are really grasping if they think that security shouldn't have been an issue. Even non-partisan security experts are saying security concerns are legitimate in this case. They have been saying so all along.