Bernier Resigns

Can anyone name a Tory scandal worse than Liberal bag men passing envelopes full of millions of dollars OF OUR TAX MONEY! under the table in Montreal restaurants?

Some people seem to have ZERO sense of perspective!

I know! I know! How about when the Liberal Human Resources ministry lost track of one billion dollars! No? Kay, kay, how about when the Liberals cancelled the old Mulroney helicopter contract and it cost them... geez I can't remember how many hundreds of millions. Or the 2 billion dollar gun registry which was supposed to cost 200 million?

Hmm, I suppose these don't quite have the impact of brown envelope payolas, but nonetheless it would be pretty hard for a government to outdo the Liberal party. You got to hand it to them, in spite of all this money waste around 30% of Canadian voters would put them back in office in a heart beat. Kind of sad, really.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest news of Bernier's girlfriend.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080603/...bernier_fallout

You have to wonder who is dumber: Bernier for dating Couillard or Harper for making him a cabinet minister.

The Mafia connection was mentioned before but was pooh poohed. Now tying this connection to the recent....

hmmm, lets see what happens to be near Coulliard and people she knows....

According to La Presse, Volpato was a close friend and confidant of Frank Cotroni, the chief of Montreal's Calabrian Mafia who died in 2004.

Seems they die ;)

Really just a coincidence.

I can't see the RCMP or the government overlooking a person who is

"Known to Police" who starts dating or Choose ONE 1)associating,2) business transaction 3)travelling companion

a Conservative Cabinet Minister.

There is only one group that wants to look the other way.

Thanks for the help Madmax! Now, can u remind me of the 2 that were re-elected in the last PC election that brought down Mulroney?

Yes I can, and I am not going to. It takes seconds to check this stuff out with google. You only have to know what you are looking for. Anyone knowing the Mulroney Era knows that it was brimming with corruption.

People defending the Mulroney era on this issue are fools.

But really what they don't want to talk about is Bernier

Edited by madmax

I know! I know! How about when the Liberal Human Resources ministry lost track of one billion dollars! No?

Start a thread unrelated to Bernier then. See how topical it is. This thread is about the actions of the departed Mr. Bernier.

You can defend them or deny them.

You can investigate them or ignore them.

You can use the RCMP or the Political Hacks.

But if you got Nothin.....

Change the topic.

Start a thread unrelated to Bernier then. See how topical it is. This thread is about the actions of the departed Mr. Bernier.

But if you got Nothin.....

Change the topic.

I was answering a comment by wild bill, and I don't think you are a moderator around here. These threads wander all over the place sometimes, if you don't like that you might want to wander off to another thread...

I was answering a comment by wild bill, and I don't think you are a moderator around here. These threads wander all over the place sometimes, if you don't like that you might want to wander off to another thread...

You are responding to this post

One can always wander back on topic.

The hairdressors are always in the know.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...PStory/National

Salon gossip led to downfall of Bernier

Bloc Leader frequented Montreal shop where word of Couillard's biker ties swirled

Coincidentally, Julie Couillard, Mr. Bernier's former girlfriend, also uses the services of the salon, according to a well-placed source.

The source said yesterday that it was through "typical hair-salon chatter" that Mr. Duceppe's hairdresser unwittingly revealed the connections between Ms. Couillard and the Hells Angels biker gang.

It has since been revealed that three of Ms. Couillard's past lovers had ties to the Hells Angels. A report in La Presse yesterday said Ms. Couillard also had a relationship with a Montreal Mafia figure, a new allegation that the opposition raised in Question Period.