At Last Lebanon Muslims Find a New Target - Each Other

jbg

Urban Outfitters New Tee-shirt

Contact Urban Outfitters

I sent them an e-mail stating I will never set foot in their stores again.

That is totally wrong...and I agree with your response...but, we live in a free country. Whadduyaddoo?

----------------------

Right proudly high over Dublin Town they hung out the flag of war

'Twas better to die 'neath an Irish sky than at Sulva or Sud El Bar

And from the plains of Royal Meath strong men came hurrying through

While Britannia's Huns, with their long range guns sailed in through the foggy dew...

---

...? Are you so sure that the shirt is about victimized Palestinians, or is it really about victimizing Palestinian children by turning them into soldiers? Because those two possibilities have the finger pointed at two different parties...

In general, peaceful, constructive people are not in the business of killing each other. The animals are. In an ideal world I would like the respective animals in each sect to wipe each other out and leave behind people who actually go to work in the morning rather than dream up new, gruesome tortures and methods of murder.

Actually, in an ideal world the "animals" you're referring to would see the error of their ways and embrace non-violent means of change. You should hope for that before you hope they wipe each other out - because the later case involves something the former doesn't - innocent civilians getting caught in the crossfire.

But you're right that there are warmongers and peacemongers on both sides, with the warmongers having the upper hand in both camps.

...? Are you so sure that the shirt is about victimized Palestinians, or is it really about victimizing Palestinian children by turning them into soldiers? Because those two possibilities have the finger pointed at two different parties...

I dropped in for a look and agree with you.

It shows me a victimized kid who has been forced to turn into a child soldier. Which by the way there are many of in that part of the world.

Borg

He's right you know. What you're doing is wrong.

"..you have to admit you're not being a very good Jew by gloating about a situation that involves such things as someone's child getting shot in a crossfire, or an apartment collapsing from a stray RPG and killing an entire family except for one pour soul who spends the rest of their lives wondering why they didn't die too."

Another problem with his words is that it enables someone like you to gloat as well and lecture a Jew about being a bad one. The point is you could have made your point without the bad Jew reference and it appears you engage in the exact exercise you criticize him of.

In fact your comment that a good Jew would not do that is 100% accurate. No Judaism would not teach this. My point is not what you said, but why you said it and why you felt it necessary to put it in your response.

He stated an opinion. If you disagree with it go ahead. But its kind of silly to get all hoighty toighty about being politically proper but stoop to the same political impropriety you claim is wrong.

Say now is it possible to criticize anything these days without getting a politically proper lecture on morality?

Far as I am considered we are all moral sluts.

Edited by Rue

Another problem with his words is that it enables someone like you to gloat as well and lecture a Jew about being a bad one.

I disagree, for someone who prides themself on being "a good Jew" to be consistently doing things which go against the fundamental teachings of our religion makes such a comment appropriate.

I don't lecture folks on personal wrongs, but taking joy in violence, even between perceived enemies is a big no-no.

I don't see anything wrong with it, just like I don't see anything wrong in making the point to other Jews that to support the Occupation is a betrayal of the hardships faced by our ancestors who were themselves oppressed for thousands of years.

I disagree, for someone who prides themself on being "a good Jew" to be consistently doing things which go against the fundamental teachings of our religion makes such a comment appropriate.

I don't lecture folks on personal wrongs, but taking joy in violence, even between perceived enemies is a big no-no.

I don't see anything wrong with it, just like I don't see anything wrong in making the point to other Jews that to support the Occupation is a betrayal of the hardships faced by our ancestors who were themselves oppressed for thousands of years.

I completely apologize. I did not know you were Jewish. If that is the case, I am absolutely, completely and utterly wrong and apologize.

Likewise in all my other comments to you which I am debating forcefully, I have assumed you are not Israeli.

If you lived in Israel or for that matter if you were a Muslim Israeli, I would concede right now, my tone of intensity is inappropriate.

I am debating you as forcefully as possible. I do not intend to question your religious or personal beliefs, just the positions you present.

I am in no position to comment on or Judge anyone's personal or religious beliefs and yes of course as a Jew you have a moral obligation to scold another Jew if you think what they do is wrong. For that matter I totally respect you feel it your moral obligation to criticize Israel as you do. That is not the issue for me nor should it ever be.

However, I think it is great as a Jew you feel confident enough to be so frank and candid as to what you see are Israel's short-comings. That is a good thing. My arguments may sound like a blanket endorsement of Israel but they are not. I just want the same standard of criticisms applied to all, and that is when I get my gonads tied up in a knot.

Please believe me I show respect and deference to anyone who lives in the Middle East who talks to me about their life experiences whether they be Palestinian, or any kind of Israeli. I do get prissy when others outside the immediate conflict start imposing their agendas.

I again profusely apologize.

It's alright, the big apology wasn't necessary. Simple mistake.

And although I've never been to Israel I generally don't chastize Israelis as I chastize Canadian Jews who are as removed from the day-to-day of the conflict as I am. When I speak to Israelis I speak practically about the inevitability of a two-state solution, and how any moves to sabotage the Palestinians just prolong the outcome and cause more bloodshed on both sides.

• 2 weeks later...
jbg wrote:

Bwahahaha! Lord, that's a knee slapper. That kind of stuff is S.O.P for the I.D.F.

What novel did you read this in? Koran for Dummies?