Only The NDP And Green Party Oppose Bush & Cheney War On Drugs

No, Canadians would have a legal avenue, an option AWAY from the American criminals. But you want to BAN that option. You want to TIE us to the draconian policies of the Republicans.

If you fully legalize weed in Canada, while the US has it illegal, Canadians would be able to grow a few plants for personal use, for about 10 dollars. Why would they go and buy from ruthless criminals 100's of miles away for 1000X the price ? They wouldn't.

If the US still had alcohol prohibition in 2008, and Canada had Molsons, would you bypass store-stocked Molsons to go and support Capone style thugs instead ?

It's the American criminals who are buying the majority of Canadian grown pot from Canadian criminals. Neither one could care less about a Canadian's options, they are making their money from Americans. Ever visited the Moose Jaw Tunnels? Capone had an operation there. The local police chief was bought and paid for.

To that I simply say, that is Amewrica's problem if they want to keep harmful draconian policies and their stupid policies should never be reason for Canada to adopt the same stupid policies.

No, organized crime, the underground economy and gang warfare that results from it is our problem. Believing it will go away with legalization in Canada is wishful thinking.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Canadians would have a legal avenue, an option AWAY from the American criminals. But you want to BAN that option. You want to TIE us to the draconian policies of the Republicans.
Clinton, the one who "didn't inhale" was the one who threatened to sic the DEA on Callifornia and Arizona when they tried to legalize medical marijuana.

Clinton, the one who "didn't inhale" was the one who threatened to sic the DEA on Callifornia and Arizona when they tried to legalize medical marijuana.

I Know, that has always bothered me that Clinton allowed the drug war to be expanded under his watch. I always liked Clinton and the fact that he allowed this abuse of state power to actually get worse when he could have fixed it really burns me, especially since he probably has smoked it himself and inhaled plenty of times, and probably doesn't think that he should be persecuted for it.

It's the same thing with the Liberals in Canada who promised decrim for years and had the majority governments to implement it, yet they did nothing. Now our rights are in jeaopardy because the Liberals didn't protect us while they had the chance. Sure they accepted all the votes from guys like me who believed that they would end our oppression but while they may have not actively pursued us to the extent the conservatives want to, neither did they act to repeal cannabis prohibition like they could have and should have done.

I hope the NDP realizes that if they come out publicly in support of repealing Cannabis prohibition in the next election, they could draw enough liberal voters and young votes to have a chance at running this country. They might even get a few votes from libertarian minded conswervatives who are fed up with Harper's authoritarian regime.

I hope the NDP realizes that if they come out publicly in support of repealing Cannabis prohibition in the next election, they could draw enough liberal voters and young votes to have a chance at running this country. They might even get a few votes from libertarian minded conswervatives who are fed up with Harper's authoritarian regime.

And the NDP in Manitoba has been a model of fiscal prudence and remarkable growth. Currently, Manitoba's growth rate is equal to Alberta and its unemployment numbers are second. They also left Saskatchewan in great shape, If Layton can show the electorate he's more like his successful provincial cousins, they could make strong gains in the next election.

And the NDP in Manitoba has been a model of fiscal prudence and remarkable growth. Currently, Manitoba's growth rate is equal to Alberta and its unemployment numbers are second. They also left Saskatchewan in great shape, If Layton can show the electorate he's more like his successful provincial cousins, they could make strong gains in the next election.

And if my granny had wheels she wouldn't bump her ass when she hopped! How's that for mixing metaphors? :P

Layton could not show he's like his provincial cousins because he simply isn't! You would have more of a chance if the entire Manitoba NDP caucus quit en masse and ran federally.

The NDP simply has not shown ANY such personalities at a federal level!