Ronnie Hawkins or Leonard Cohen

HisSelf

Mine too, but I liked all of Tull's Albums. I saw them twice, the first time was the Bursting Out tour and the second was the Storm Watch tour. Both superb concerts, the man is truly the Minstrel.

Kate, yes, she was beautifull. I especially appreciated her outfit in her video version of Babushka. The chain mail bikini and vakyrie looking hair were just right. :D

Indeed...Dido wins in the 'lookin' good' dept. these days (see link last post). This girl also does some cool stuff...Lilly Allen. Both Brits if you can't tell...lol.

---------------------------------------------

Sun is in the sky oh why oh why would I want to be anywhere else?

---Lilly Allen

Gotta say listening to Kate Bush to me is like...I don't know...arduous.

On the other hand I find listening to Bjork an auric erotic experience

Hey...Bjork has her moments...lol. I remember her from the Sugercubes...she goes back a ways.

:lol:

The Pixies were another great band from that era...late 80s, early 90s.

-------------------------------

If man is five and the devil is six then god is seven...

---Pixies

Indeed...Dido wins in the 'lookin' good' dept. these days (see link last post). This girl also does some cool stuff...Lilly Allen. Both Brits if you can't tell...lol.

Actually sometimes I do listen to Dido, only rarely, when I just want to relax.

Yep, they both look good, very cute. You're right, Dido is the better looking one.

Oleg. Kates music was very elaborate and sometimes blended rock with orchestral styles and instruments. She would also use unconventional types of instruments such as digiridoo's, lots of vocal, multitracked and with backup singers, all of them very good.

She was discovered by David Gilmore of Pink Floyd when she was 15 (I think). He was a familly friend and started to mentor her, he financed some demo recordings and brought them to EMI. They made an unusual decision to not release her right away and basically coached and trained her until she released Wuthering Hieghts in 78.

She was an immediate hit and had a sound that was different from anyone before her.

AT: Actually sometimes I do listen to Dido, only rarely, when I just want to relax.

Yep, they both look good, very cute. You're right, Dido is the better looking one.

My wife plays both very often and listens to the BBC loudly...so I get a dose...like it or not...lol.

My musical tastes vary widely and wildly...from

to
to country to show tunes. But, as I might have mentioned, I worked in an import record store for years...one gets plenty of time to experiment. But these days...I'm lost...heheh.

-------------------------------------------------------

It was twenty years ago today, Sgt Pepper taught the band to play...

---The Beatles

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, my tastes vary widely. Lately I've been back on my Clapton kick, also The Talking Heads. David Byrne is a genius in some ways.

Are you familiar with David Byrne's work with Brian Eno, AT? Wayyyyyyy ahead of its time. From 'My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts': 1981.

Canada has a similar talent in

...but he pretty much goes unnoticed. Sampled guitar and other string instruments for the most part. His 'Live At The (London) Aquarium ' is amazing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Brook

---------------------------------------------

I find rebellion packaged by a major corporation a little hard to take seriously.

---David Byrne