Tory MP claims his fingernails are clean

Funny how those people can believe they are inherently (made that way) attracted to the opposite sex, but beleive that homosexuality is a "choice".

If homosexuality is a "choice", then heterosexuality is also a "choice" -- so I can assume that many heterosexuals simply (or maybe they agonize over it) make a "choice" to supress their attraction to those of the same gender.

I don't know if there is a "gay gene" or not. But I seem to be inherently attracted to those of the opposite sex, so I assume that homosexual attractiveness is also inherent (rather than "learned" behaviour).

Nobody knows for sure what the problem is with gays. Until we know for sure better to be on the safe side. :ph34r: Keep your distance :ph34r:

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody knows for sure what the problem is with gays. Until we know for sure better to be on the safe side. :ph34r: Keep your distance :ph34r:

But you said this:

I have seen too many cases where it seems to be learned. Like abuse, social rejecxtion and so on.

You said you "have seen"... So I had to assume that you have some homosexuals in your sphere of influence... ones you have actually spoken to perhaps.

But you've been hiding behind the duct tape all along! :lol:

I personally don't know anyone who is gay. At least that I know of. And I know a lot of people!

So if both you and I have never run across a gay person, I guess it's safe to say you are safe from their influence...just don't be wearing a blue baseball cap or sit with a wide stance in a bathroom stall! :lol:

edited to add: Monty`s now in the clothes closet tossing out all his blue hats... ;)

Edited by Drea

The Lukiwski video was not intended for the public domain and was not available publicly until the Sask. NDP released it without permission. That is the difference.
Sounds like good fodder for an HRC complaint against whoever released the video, on the basis of fomenting hatred, and invasion of privacy.

Sounds like good fodder for an HRC complaint against whoever released the video, on the basis of fomenting hatred, and invasion of privacy.

You think Likowski should be charged with fomenting hatred? That's a little extreme for something done 16 years ago. He should probably resign as parliamentary secretary until after the next election though.

You think Likowski should be charged with fomenting hatred? That's a little extreme for something done 16 years ago. He should probably resign as parliamentary secretary until after the next election though.

No, the release of a private tape.

Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall has advised The Canadian Press he intends to sue the national news agency for defamation for a headline it ran on a story featuring controversial comments he made on a home-movie videotape made more than 16 years ago.

"The headline of the article is false and defamatory of Premier Wall and, given the breadth of its publication, is likely to result in significant damage to Premier Wall's reputation," says the letter from the premier's lawyers, dispatched Friday to The Canadian Press.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/AL...0CJnoI6PxLx5deg

I'm not at all surprised by this development and could see it coming.

Yes, given Harper's reaction to the Cadman contoversy, it isn't surprising at all that the right-wingers are running to the courts to try to silence their critics.

And I see him getting in a world of hurt over this. His suit is as a private citizen, and his complaint is for the word homophobic, not the sexist racist comments he made as said in your linked piece.

I dont see how he can avoid answering for two words attributed to him and concentrate on the one sentence he did not utter.

And he has to prove damages....I dont see how. He has the right to do this, perhaps not the smarts though.

I guess now we have a premier named Sue as well.

Seems to me that his defamation is based on being linked to the comments made by the MP?!

Hey, if you do (or say) something stupid, expect that it will come back to haunt you -- especially if you want a career in politics.

All is fair in love, war and politics

A "Real brainwave lightbulber" who left the tape in a box in a office that was soon to be taken over by the opposition! :lol: Maybe the guy was drunk!! :lol: Damn drunken rightwinger! Worse than a kid!! :lol::P

Funny how those people can believe they are inherently (made that way) attracted to the opposite sex, but beleive that homosexuality is a "choice".

If homosexuality is a "choice", then heterosexuality is also a "choice" -- so I can assume that many heterosexuals simply (or maybe they agonize over it) make a "choice" to supress their attraction to those of the same gender.

Of all of the possible theories surrounding sexual orientation: genetics, pheremones, pre-natal hormones, behavioural imprinting, there is no serious consideration that can be given to a claim that gays are choosing to be that way. This way of thinking comes from a time when people believed that disease was caused by evil spirits and demons had to be cast out to make them better!

I don't know if there is a "gay gene" or not. But I seem to be inherently attracted to those of the opposite sex, so I assume that homosexual attractiveness is also inherent (rather than "learned" behaviour).

Any connection to "learned" behaviour would have to come very early in life before conscious choices about gender-roles could be made. Whether it depends on nature or nurture, studies of children who exhibit signs of gender non-conformity are much more likely to grow up to be gay than children who fit in with normal expectations: http://www.boston.com/news/globe/magazine/..._gay/?page=full

What complicates this issue even further is the bisexual grey area between exclusive heterosexuals and homosexuals. And most of the research is on male homosexuality. Surveys of women seem to indicate that the percentage of lesbian and bisexual women could be over 10%, so identifying the drivers involved in deciding sexual orientation among men may have nothing to do with the way it works in women http://lesbianlife.about.com/od/lesbiansex...SexBehavior.htm

Yes, given Harper's reaction to the Cadman contoversy, it isn't surprising at all that the right-wingers are running to the courts to try to silence their critics.
If Muslims can run to the HRC's and Courts to silence Steyn and Levant, why can't the so-called "right-wingers" (really centrists anywhere else) do likewise? I think it's a bad thing to have libel/slander laws usable by public figures, and a bad thing to have courts involved in speech in almost any way, shape, form or manner, but if the body of law makes speech (as opposed to conduct) actionable, it cuts both ways.

Perhaps all parties could concur on a US-style first amendment to make these soap operas before the courts impossible.

Of all of the possible theories surrounding sexual orientation: genetics, pheremones, pre-natal hormones, behavioural imprinting, there is no serious consideration that can be given to a claim that gays are choosing to be that way. This way of thinking comes from a time when people believed that disease was caused by evil spirits and demons had to be cast out to make them better!

Any connection to "learned" behaviour would have to come very early in life before conscious choices about gender-roles could be made. Whether it depends on nature or nurture, studies of children who exhibit signs of gender non-conformity are much more likely to grow up to be gay than children who fit in with normal expectations: http://www.boston.com/news/globe/magazine/..._gay/?page=full

What complicates this issue even further is the bisexual grey area between exclusive heterosexuals and homosexuals. And most of the research is on male homosexuality. Surveys of women seem to indicate that the percentage of lesbian and bisexual women could be over 10%, so identifying the drivers involved in deciding sexual orientation among men may have nothing to do with the way it works in women http://lesbianlife.about.com/od/lesbiansex...SexBehavior.htm

In the second part of your post you put your finger on the difficulty with the first part. Clearly, many that self-identify as "gay" are in fact "bi" and thus, to an extent, making a choice.

In the second part of your post you put your finger on the difficulty with the first part. Clearly, many that self-identify as "gay" are in fact "bi" and thus, to an extent, making a choice.

Clearly, jbg, you missed this part of his post ...

Surveys of women seem to indicate that the percentage of lesbian and bisexual women could be over 10%, so identifying the drivers involved in deciding sexual orientation among men may have nothing to do with the way it works in women

I have to agree... it's not much of a stretch (IMO) for a heterosexual woman to orgasm with another woman, but (once again IMO) a heterosexual male would have a difficult time getting "ready" let alone having an orgasm.

Yes, they do; though, not always successfully. Pro-wrestling, men's advertising, UFC, etc., ect., all aimed at a hetero audience but full of so much homoeroticism.