How safe is your drinking water?

I'm laughing so hard USHiC!

They sooo badly want Canada to suck as bad as the USA does -- it's funny to watch though innit?

:lol:

I don't think anyone's worried about 'sucking' as you put it. Moreso trying to parry the inevitable anti-americanism that can spring up from pretty much ANY subject around here. It is illogical.

If there are pharma drugs in American water then there is in Canadian water too.

We have a poor track record with water pollution. Just because we have so muc of it doesn't mean we should use it so poorly. How's Victoria's harbour smelling lately? I took a zodiac tour there that left from the harbour and couldn't help but think of the raw feces being sprayed on me as we zoomed along. They dump RAW sewage into the harbour. Nice Canucks eh?

How so very environmentally conscious of them!

Take your patriotic blinders off and you will be able to see the world for how it is, not how you want it to be.

just here to help!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw come on White, just admit that you screwed up and don't know the geography of British Columbia.

Maps are so fun -- I am going to find more and post them for yah -- they'll help wrap your brain around beautiful BC and all it's gorgeous unpopulated mountainous rainforested areas.

;)

Cheers!

Aw come on White, just admit that you screwed up and don't know the geography of British Columbia.

Maps are so fun -- I am going to find more and post them for yah -- they'll help wrap your brain around beautiful BC and all it's gorgeous unpopulated mountainous rainforested areas.

;)

Cheers!

haha. I know the geography of BC very well. You will excuse me for not knowing which river they drink their polluted water from. One would think, without living there, that is was the fraser, but you do irrigate your crops with it (yuck) and i hear salmon are a pretty popular dish there. (yuck again).

No wonder everyone prefers Atlantic Salmon!

cheers!

Whale oil beef hooked me boy! You get a licking and you're not even smart enough to stop flapping your gums. I'm embarrassed for you.

sorry, please refrain from the personal insults and stick to the facts.

Tell me what city you live in and I will tell you who's crap you are drinking.

free of charge!

lol

Calgary get's it water from the ELbow.

:)

Cagary drinks wastewater from towns upstream to be more precise.

Regina, Lethbridge etc, would drink Calgary's sewage. :)

??????

What planet do you live on? Surely your not really this stupid.

What do the folks in Lethbridge do? Drive to Calgary and use water tankers to collect the sewage and then drink it in Lethbridge? :rolleyes:

Hint: water runs DOWN hill, Bow water doesn't defy gravity and suddenly start flowing up the Oldman. Are you really that stupid and believe this. Are you some type of gravity Creationist?

Edited by oreodontist

White doors has at least given us the laugh of the day...if not the week.

The typical 'know-t-all' who couldn't find his ass on a map but spouts out generalizations out of that same ass.

as well, you should look upstream from Elbow to see which town is crapping in it. lol

Thank goodness Calgary doesn't use the Bow for drinkign water, Banff craps in it.

but, the fishing is great! coincidence? I think not!

??????

What planet do you live on? Surely your not really this stupid.

What do the folks in Lethbridge do? Drive to Calgary and use water tankers to collect the sewage and then drink it in Lethbridge? :rolleyes:

Hint: water runs DOWN hill, Bow water doesn't defy gravity and suddenly start flowing up the Oldman. Are you really that stupid and believe this. Are you some type of gravity Creationist?

quick, grab the bloodpressure meds!

Medicine hat drinks Calgary's crap.

Excuse me for mixing the two little city's up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Saskatchewanrivermap.png

My point still stands. Canadians are incredibly naive if we think that our water is so much cleaner than anyone else's. People, especially those that live in southern Alberta should know better.

Winnipeg should study this report seriously. Afterall, their water flows in from the states! lol

Edited by White Doors

haha. I know the geography of BC very well. You will excuse me for not knowing which river they drink their polluted water from. One would think, without living there, that is was the fraser, but you do irrigate your crops with it (yuck) and i hear salmon are a pretty popular dish there. (yuck again).

No wonder everyone prefers Atlantic Salmon!

cheers!

Lakes! Not the Fraser River. And do you think the Fraser is the only river in the province? LOL

More maps to follow later, no time now. But I promise by the end you will know where to find all the fresh water in BC. Cause I loves yah and I care about your education... ;)

Edited by Drea

Lakes! Not the Fraser River. And do you think the Fraser is the only river in the province? LOL

More maps to follow later, no time now. But I promise by the end you will know where to find all the fresh water in BC. Cause I loves yah and I care about your education... ;)

He also seems to think that Pacific salmon live in the Fraser river. Duhhhh! And he thinks we prefer Atlantic salmon from fish farms. Duhhhhhhhhh!

He must be either an American or a goofy Newfie because he doesn't sound like a herring choker to me. He sounds like he's just been caught choking the monkey too much.

He also seems to think that Pacific salmon live in the Fraser river. Duhhhh! And he thinks we prefer Atlantic salmon from fish farms. Duhhhhhhhhh!

He must be either an American or a goofy Newfie because he doesn't sound like a herring choker to me. He sounds like he's just been caught choking the monkey too much.

So you are sayng that pacific salmon don't spend some of their lives in the Fraser river?

Has White Door found a map yet? A book of physics on gravity?

No, water does NOT flow from Calgary to Lethbridge.

An atlas lad, Invest in an atlas and you won't come across as an idiot

Ooooh, lookie you! you found someone who mixed up Medicine hat and Lethbridge on a forum? lick your chops! You sure gave it to me! You feel like a man now?

lol

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/03/11/pharm...h.ap/index.html

Studying the reservoir that provides drinking water to the LA residents.

The specimens will be flown across the country to laboratories where aquatic toxicologists are studying what happens to fish that live in water contaminated with at least 13 different medications -- from over-the-counter pain killers to prescription antibiotics and mood stabilizers.

Idiots come in all shapes an sizes, and some even post on this forum.

The point of this thread was to point out that contamination in our water affects everything in our lives. EVERYTHING. We water our crops with this water, we drink this water, we bathe in this water, we feed our pets this water, everything living on this planet needs water to survive. And a good deal need clean drinking water.

So, not only does this affect our drinking water, it affects what we eat. If you use contaminated water to help the crops grow, you are putting those chemicals back into our food. Since the stuff cannot be treated (yet) it is going to accumulate in our water supply. Everything we consume eventually goes back into the water supply and food chain. This has been happening for thousands of years, it is no different today, and is actually more relevant since our population is booming and we are taking over natural forests and habitats for our own concrete jungles.

Try this, ash your cigarette in your glass of water... just a bit, just once .... do you toss out the water or drink the rest of it. If that turns you off, then what you don't know what is in your water should turn you off more.

....Try this, ash your cigarette in your glass of water... just a bit, just once .... do you toss out the water or drink the rest of it. If that turns you off, then what you don't know what is in your water should turn you off more.

If you are "ashing" a cigarette, potable water contaminated in parts per trillion is the least of your worries. The drinking water in LA is quite good compared to other American municipalities, but in the end, YOU are responsible for what you decide to eat or drink.

So you are sayng that pacific salmon don't spend some of their lives in the Fraser river?

Actually they go to the river to spawn and die and very few eat the salmon after they have passed the mouth of the river at the ocean. But never mind that, it's the waste water thing that we want to talk to 'you' about. Did you look at a map of B.C. and notice the Okanagan lake in the interior and conclude that is where B.C.'s water comes from. It seems that you must have.