Premier Bronconnier

He'd do better than Taft as Liberal Leader, but that still does not mean he'd be elected.

The real question is: is Calgary willing to be humbled by the defeat of their golden boy?

Despite all the derogatory press about Stelmach, Albertans look at the NDPs Brian Mason and Liberal Kevin Taft and go: no thanks. Same for Bronconnier.

I think Bronconnier is the only credible alternative to Ed Stelmach, but it remains to be seen whether Alberta as a whole would want to take a chance on changing the status-quo for the last 70 years.

I'm not sure I'd vote for the guy myself, but you'd think Alberta voters wouldn't be so gutless as to try something new. Have Alberta tories (or Social Credit before them) ever changed their thinking substantially since before WW2?

Thanks for the insulting and superfical handful of words on Albertans.

Try not to delve so deeply into the psyche next time.

Albertans have not voted for Liberals or NDP because they have little to offer, so far. It is quite simple.

Calgarians are unlikely to be so stupid as to promote Bronconier as Liberal leader and 'next premier'. They may be self serving, but I'm going to guess that they may have learned something from the fiasco that was Jim Dinning. Or maybe not, by reading this OP.

Thanks for the insulting and superfical handful of words on Albertans.

Try not to delve so deeply into the psyche next time.

Albertans have not voted for Liberals or NDP because they have little to offer, so far. It is quite simple.

Calgarians are unlikely to be so stupid as to promote Bronconier as Liberal leader and 'next premier'. They may be self serving, but I'm going to guess that they may have learned something from the fiasco that was Jim Dinning. Or maybe not, by reading this OP.

What the...?

It 's not like the Tories have given Alberta anything we didn't already have.

Ralph Klein's former seat is now held by a Liberal, remember?

Edited by james rahn

Bronco has been a terrible mayor, and I've never seen the man take responsibility for a thing in his entire tenure. It's always someone else's fault that our city is a mess.

Let's face it, Al Duerr wasn't a great mayor, but that was many years ago now. What we see now is the result of Bronco's lack of planning, foresight and creativity. Calgary is not a leading innovator and has very few great ideas. Why? Because the man leading city hall is a hack with no ability to inspire.

Won't happen anyways. The PC's will win the next election no problem.

Another thing about Bronco is that he is from Calgary and would Alberta really want another Calgary mayor leading them? Near Kleins last years I heard alot of people who were expressing anger at his bias towards Calgary. This came to a head in the PC leadership race where at one point their were people saying ABC: Anyone But Calgary. So it'll probably be years before we will see anyone from Calgary be Premier again.