What makes incest wrong?

Renegade

It would be a biblical misconception to think that Adam and Eve were the first humans...

I keep hearing differently from evangelicals about who the first humans were though. In the last election, they kept saying Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve.

Edited by jdobbin

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing differently from evangelicals though about who the first humans were though. In the last election, they kept saying Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve.

Some pepple think Delilah cut Samson's hair or that Noak put two of every animal on the ark or that there were 3 wise men...

Some pepple think Delilah cut Samson's hair or that Noak put two of every animal on the ark or that there were 3 wise men...

Well, if you take the Bible literally then it is gospel. Doesn't Day take the Bible literally? He has said so in the past.

Well, if you take the Bible literally then it is gospel. Doesn't Day take the Bible literally? He has said so in the past.

Gospel is old english for good news . The Bible should be taken no more literally than Fox, CNN or CBC...

As opposed to some guy greasing his wiener and penetrating some other guy's a-hole?

Hmm....you seem to know about gay sex. Great! Are you a Top or bottom? I really didnt know they greased. Whats your preference , Astroglide or plain old spit?

It seems strange that you would consider the latter "normal" but two siblings having consentual intercourse not so.

huh?

You're really in no position to be making moralizing statements about deviant sexual behaviour; that's something one loses when they condone certain forms of it. All deviant sexual behaviour is immoral and a sin, plain and simple.

Well coming from a supposedly christian guy who knows he has to grease up "his weiner" I am surprised.

Or one of your other personas, lets see, human rights suppressor but I was going to say misogynist, but I think you are really closer to a gynophobe, seminator of blatantly false information (there is a four letter word that aptly describes it but not COC compliant)...ah what the hell, thats enough.

Yes, I am "no position" , but you oh holy roller have such a moral compass to guide humanity with.

The laughs just keep on coming.....

You know back a few years when the debate was same sex marriage my arguement was if we allow it then how can we not allow a Father and Son to get married. Why not allow people to marry barnyard animals? How can we say yes to one and no to the other because when we move away from the Bible as a guide then anything goes. There is no moral right or wrong. Just what happens to be popular with the public.

What a joke we are in North America.

You know back a few years when the debate was same sex marriage my arguement was if we allow it then how can we not allow a Father and Son to get married. Why not allow people to marry barnyard animals? How can we say yes to one and no to the other because when we move away from the Bible as a guide then anything goes. There is no moral right or wrong. Just what happens to be popular with the public.

Same sex marriage is a hot issue both in the US and Canada. The proposals are typical watered down Republican/CPC fodder. Bush's toadies like it that way.

The right way to do this is to allow any group of up to four mammals to marry, regardless of gender, species and age, as long as one is a human over the age of 14. Only the tired, reactionary tories and George Bush want to seem to be fighting gay marriage and would settle for two-male or two-female marriages.

The people should have the right to choose, for example, to marry a goat, sheep, etc. Don't be stampeded by Bush/Harper, Bush/Martin, they're all the same.

I saw a guy on Springer once who married his horse. Personally, I'm against same-sex horse marriages.

Me too. On the plus side there's the bridal wear.....on the negative side.....once they start up you won't be able to rein them in...not to mention they're nags.

Anyone else want to pony up with a pun?

No I think you galloped away with the win on this one. Besides, wouldnt be the place for me to show you up...

groan...

What? You think I got saddled with the best? I can't spur you on? What if I curry favour with you? Will you at least trot out a few more?

The difference is one wears it on his sleeve, the other on his head.

Nope, they're both as pious as each other. Accept them both or don't accept any of them. None of this picking and choosing malarkey.

Like I said, Stockwell can believe what he want. He has the right to be wrong, and the right to express himself.

Would it make people feel better if Stockwell believed people came from cats?

What? You think I got saddled with the best? I can't spur you on? What if I curry favour with you? Will you at least trot out a few more?

Its just that I cantor I wont provide anymore. You have hands down the ability to come up with these.

You are the mane man when it comes to these. But dont worry, I have an unbridled lust for them too.

Befurlong , others will join in.

Troll alert!

Is that you kengs?

Father marrying son. Illegal.

Barnyard animals.....we can shoot them when they are ill, so you are cool with allowing people to shoot spouses and children when they are ill?How can you say yes to one and not to the other?

Sure there is moral right and wrongs. Just that the majority of society doesnt share your morals. Nor should we.

The joke is on you since the people laughing are doing so at the troglodytes that keep on bashing gays .

But hey, you are aptly named.

What makes incest wrong, if one needs to ask that question this country has gone to the dogs. Children rarely or happyly agree to have sex with their fathers or brothers, it's called sexual abuse for a reason. To assume that one would willing sleep with a direct family member is beyond repulsive to me, has society sunk to that level of deprevation that having sex with a sibling/parent could be deemed OKAY. Indeed it appears that our young are being tought "Any thing Goes" by a segment of society that repulses me to the core. No values or morals under the guise of tolerance isn't fooling some of us. I can only shutter at the kind of society we will de-evolve into if incest is considered normal.

Here's our future, well the future the left/left want, hello meet my Life Mate speak Lassie.

Lassie is a collie not a human.

Troll alert!

Is that you kengs?

Father marrying son. Illegal.

Barnyard animals.....we can shoot them when they are ill, so you are cool with allowing people to shoot spouses and children when they are ill?How can you say yes to one and not to the other?

Sure there is moral right and wrongs. Just that the majority of society doesnt share your morals. Nor should we.

The joke is on you since the people laughing are doing so at the troglodytes that keep on bashing gays .

But hey, you are aptly named.

Think about what im saying. If it is okay for two men to marry one another then why is it not okay for a 30yo son to marry his 50yo dad? Of course its illegal. Homosexuality used to be illegal to. Why is one group any more moral than the other? Why not do the multiple marriage thing. Why cant 6 guys marry each other? Why not marry a horse? Thats what you liberals want isnt it? A big party? On what moral ground can you say one group is better than the other?

About shooting an animal. The Bible is clear about giving us dominion over animals. They are not our equal. Well not my equal anyway.

Think about what im saying. If it is okay for two men to marry one another then why is it not okay for a 30yo son to marry his 50yo dad? Of course its illegal.

It is illegal because the gene pool gets very murky. Marry your offspring, who is asking for that? NO one is and to introduce it as the same as gay marriage is fruitless.

Homosexuality used to be illegal to. Why is one group any more moral than the other?

Morality is not the issue here. Gay marriage came about because the gov has no right to interfere with consenting adults who want to be together.

But then....

Why not do the multiple marriage thing. Why cant 6 guys marry each other?

Property rights I suppose. The govt doesnt want to go down that road to figure out how the legal division of property will be executed. Different legal ramifications are put in place for people who are married, people who have lived together a certain amount of time, and for people living together uner the union of a child.

Why not marry a horse? Thats what you liberals want isnt it? A big party? On what moral ground can you say one group is better than the other?

Apparently too hard to mount on the honeymoon, apart from the fact that airlines dont like them crapping in the aisle and hotels find they leave too much of a mess.

It is not a human being, thats why. And no, I am sorry to disappoint you , as much as you would like to believe, lefties or libs dont want a horse nor a big party.

Besides, morals are the issue here, legal issues are .And that brings us to....

The Bible is clear about giving us dominion over animals. They are not our equal. Well not my equal anyway.

The bible has nothing to do with this. It is a book, a book for christians, and has many wonderful stories and ten commandments that are pretty good for people to follow.

But it is irrelevant in this discussion.

Its just that I cantor I wont provide anymore. You have hands down the ability to come up with these.

You are the mane man when it comes to these. But dont worry, I have an unbridled lust for them too.

Befurlong , others will join in.

I should collect these and have them set in a gelded frame but I think my wife would consider me far from stable...

Morality is not the issue here. Gay marriage came about because the gov has no right to interfere with consenting adults who want to be together.

By your logic there is not basis for denying a father and a son to marry, seeing that both would be consenting to the marriage and the possible sexual relationship between the two would produce any genetically deformed offspring. I'm thinking that this issue could receive greater attention once same-sex couples raising children becomes a significant social/political force.

Edited by kengs333

What makes incest wrong, if one needs to ask that question this country has gone to the dogs. Children rarely or happyly agree to have sex with their fathers or brothers, it's called sexual abuse for a reason. To assume that one would willing sleep with a direct family member is beyond repulsive to me, has society sunk to that level of deprevation that having sex with a sibling/parent could be deemed OKAY. Indeed it appears that our young are being tought "Any thing Goes" by a segment of society that repulses me to the core. No values or morals under the guise of tolerance isn't fooling some of us. I can only shutter at the kind of society we will de-evolve into if incest is considered normal.

Here's our future, well the future the left/left want, hello meet my Life Mate speak Lassie.

Lassie is a collie not a human.

The debate started several decades ago:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...,923966,00.html

By your logic there is not basis for denying a father and a son to marry, seeing that both would be consenting to the marriage and the possible sexual relationship between the two would produce any genetically deformed offspring.

Nice can of worms the gay rights movement has opened.

Men can have children now??

Wow, I was only away from the TV and computer for one day and look what happens! ;)

Kengs, no one is advocating fathers and sons marry. Or fathers and daughters. Or mothers and daughters or sons...or me and my cat (who I love dearly)

And if no one is harmed, why is an action considered immoral?

Is something considered immoral if it harms a person?

For example; hitting your neighbour with a baseball bat for no reason, would be considered immoral in my opinion, because it causes harm. This is the same reason that I consider pedophilia to be immoral -- it harms a child. Boinking a goat would also be immoral as it is harmful to the goat (poor goat!)

But if no harm occurs during an action is it still immoral? And if so, what makes it immoral?

I am not judging you or your beliefs just wanting to know what makes something immoral.

We can say yes to loving relationships between consenting adults, and we can say no to relationships between humans and animals, who are incapable of giving consent. See how easy that is? No bible necessary.

By your logic there is not basis for denying a father and a son to marry, seeing that both would be consenting to the marriage and the possible sexual relationship between the two would produce any genetically deformed offspring. I'm thinking that this issue could receive greater attention once same-sex couples raising children becomes a significant social/political force.

Father and son = children. ya sure?

...I tell ya its gold jerry, gold !