McClellan blames Bush for CIA leak deceit

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21903753/

Former White House press secretary Scott McClellan blames President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney for efforts to mislead the public about the role of White House aides in leaking the identity of a CIA operative.

In an excerpt from his forthcoming book, McClellan recount the 2003 news conference in which he told reporters that aides Karl Rove and I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby were "not involved" in the leak involving operative Valerie Plame.

"There was one problem. It was not true," McClellan writes, according to a brief excerpt released Monday. "I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest-ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice president, the president's chief of staff and the president himself."

Not exactly the type of news the administration wants out with so much time left in their government.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21903753/

Not exactly the type of news the administration wants out with so much time left in their government.

It may be wiser to wait until the book is released in April-09 before making such sweeping generalizations? As mentioned in the MSNBC report, what was quoted in their report was the 'publisher's teaser' ... as follows:

McClellan's book, "What Happened," isn't due out until April, and the excerpt released Monday was merely a teaser. It doesn't get into detail about how Bush and Cheney were involved or reveal what happened behind the scenes.

Planning on buying the book jdobbin?

`

It may be wiser to wait until the book is released in April-09 before making such sweeping generalizations? As mentioned in the MSNBC report, what was quoted in their report was the 'publisher's teaser' ... as follows:

Planning on buying the book jdobbin?

`

I dunno. The teaser seems pretty specific about what happened although McClellan's publisher is saying that McClellan doesn't think Bush lied. Whatever that means.

Still reading Al Gore's book. You can always buy one for me for Christmas.

'

little blip on the bottom of the page for no other reason that I am a different little snowflake.

Edited by jdobbin

Yawn...Scotty wants to sell his book. So predictable.....

I don't think anyone predicted that Bush's aides would be accusing him and Cheney of telling his staff to lie to the American people. What else do you predict? That Condi will accuse them of treason when her book comes out?

Quite. A sweeping generalization IMO is: ~~ jdobbin.~~

`

Oh, so amusing but in no way answering the question of how the post was a generalization of actual quotes from the book excerpt.

'

Another little blip because I'm so special.

Ho ho ho. Well, since it won't be on the stands til April-09 if I remember I'll send you a copy of the relevant chapter ... from Dubai.

Oh, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you tomorrow... snowflake

I celebrate Thanksgiving in October but appreciate the heartfelt salutation.

I await by my mailbox in April!

IF McClellan is telling the truth, Bush will want to stay away from this and won't comment! I think I know why the leak happened in the first place. I remember listening to my radio while on the computer and the news came on and said something that someone tried to bring WMD's into Iraq but something happen and they blew up and they where from the 80's. I thought ???? and never thought about it again. Then I read on the web in another countries news, that Plame had been sent over to Turkey because someone was trying to bring in WMD's to plant in Iraq and she found they had connections to the White House. Remember how everyone came down on Bush for lying about the WMD's???? The leak was simple revenge against Plame for stopping the plan. Don't these guys know that everyone will find out about all they scams, and plans, the truth always will come out!

....The leak was simple revenge against Plame for stopping the plan. Don't these guys know that everyone will find out about all they scams, and plans, the truth always will come out!

No..haven't you heard? Bush & Company planned and executed 9/11 and fooled everybody! :lol:

Edited by bush_cheney2004