Tasered Polish Man

shavluk

I am surprised the killing of a man holding a stapler , not speaking the language, obviously distraught , and with his hands up in one of the most secure spots any where in this country on video doesn't have a mere comment or burp from any here?

I always appreciate these videos and must say that under the liberals I do not believe it would have been returned, good job Harper.

They would always say it was erased some how ,lost ,you understand don't you.

The general public has absolutely no clue for the most part.

I feel so sorry for the mother of this Polish man and as well for all the real cops out there.

added::::

http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/8752/bc/ondemand/vi...RTASERVIDEO.wmv

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other peoples thoughts:

http://forums.cannabisculture.com/forums/u...706#Post1360706

Quote ***

The RCMP originally claimed Dziekanski resisted, but like everything that comes out of an RCMP's officers mouth, its all lies and self-serving rationalization. Three RCMP officers are complicit in a murder but I would take a bet from anyone that these killer KKKops won't even lose a day's pay, let alone be dismissed, fired, let alone charged with manslaughter or criminal negligence resulting in death or outright homicide.

Police explanation to Dziekanski's murder by police:

"It's just one piece of evidence, one person's view. There are many people that we have spoken to," RCMP spokesman Cpl. Dale Carr said at a press conference Wednesday afternoon.*******

OOPS sorry Antony and you others ,as I thought it was the other one I was to correct

I thought I had done this one right as I was rushed

I will correct it now

Weird how that one got that way

Edited by shavluk
cross-posting / re-copied articles

I am surprised the killing of a man holding a stapler , not speaking the language, obviously distraught , and with his hands up in one of the most secure spots any where in this country on video doesn't have a mere comment or burp from any here?
How many cops have died in the line of duty this year? 3? 4? One was only last week. Armchair quarterbacks can look at the video and scream about excessive use of force but forget that hindsight is 20/20 and too little force too late leads to dead cops.

This incident makes it clear that tasers are not the safe non-leathal weapons that they have been made out to be and cops need to use as much restraint using the taser as they already have to do with their guns. That said, we can hardly blame individual cops for misusing a weapon that they were told is non-lethal and if there is any blame to be laid it rests with the bureaucracy that has been slow to update regulations/training wrt taser use as the number of fatalities rose.

Edited by Riverwind

How many cops have died in the line of duty this year? 3? 4? One was only last week. Armchair quarterbacks can look at the video and scream about excessive use of force but forget that hindsight is 20/20 and too little force too late leads to dead cops.

He didn't appear to be ready to attack, and he was obviously unarmed because he was in a restricted area of an airport. How would he have killed them?

He didn't appear to be ready to attack, and he was obviously unarmed because he was in a restricted area of an airport. How would he have killed them?
The guy was obviously unstable and had been damaging property. The police had no way to know how he might react to any attempt to physically restrain him. Tasers are supposed to be non-lethal weapons that can be used safely in such circumstances (i.e. tasering a suspect is no different from arm twisting or a head lock). We now have lots of information that suggusts that tasers are *not* the innocuous devices that they have been claimed to be and that much stronger limits on their use are required. However, you can hardly blame individual police officers for using a taser in the way they trained to do so.

Oh come on !

If ever an instance for PEPPER SPRAY MAYBE THIS WAS IT ?????????

They should be charged PERIOD !!

Why in 29 seconds did they feel justified

when as they all came in like cowboys (one jumping over the barrier so he wouldn't miss anything) one said "CAN I TASER HIM"!!

Kinda bad here no matter what you think of police!

Edited by shavluk

I'm suprised it took the police so long to act. This is a prime terror target and this guy was beyond mentally unstable. This should have been the most urgent of emergencies. Good call for the officers to attempt to quickly subdue the man... unfortunately he died.

I'm really unsure what people are objecting to. It seems to me that the police handled a potentially extremely dangerous situation professionally. Would pepper spray have sufficed? Maybe. Though that tends to set off druggies even more. And God forbid he might have had an asthma attack. Sheesh people. He was actually fighting back after being tasered twice. This guy wasn't a nice good little boy that got zapped.

In an international airport, I'd much rather police err on the side of caution towards passengers and civilians than some wacko throwing stuff and barricading himself in a room.

If ever an instance for PEPPER SPRAY MAYBE THIS WAS IT ?????????

They should be charged PERIOD !!

The police have been told that tasers are innocuous devices that only cause temporary discomfort (i.e. they are no different from pepper spray). If you think pepper spray was appropriate then you should have no problem with the use of a taser. Check out this link about deaths caused by pepper spray: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2000/07/19/...pray000729.html

Police do nothing wrong if the follow the procedures that they have been trained to follow. If there is a problem with the procedures then blame the government that created them.

Edited by Riverwind

Excuse me all of you!!!

The taser was used as a first resort ,,

not the LAST ! ,,,,,as it was designed to be!!!!

The sad truth IN ALL THIS is probably that the taser did not kill him!

BUT I HAVE TO TELL YOU ALL !

I WAS TRAINED TO KILL ,

BY BREAKING THE NECK IN A WAY ,,,,,, SADLY !

THAT LOOKED JUST LIKE WHAT THEY DO TO THIS MAN !

I want to see the autopsy and whether or not his neck was broken.

The mentality at work here is also in the bystander who seeing it being taped ,

for a second or 2 wanted to screen or stop the recording of it,,,

so very sad this type of person.

Edited by shavluk

The taser was used as a first resort ,, not the LAST ! ,,,,,as it was designed to be!!!!
Can you provide a reference to the appropriate police manual that supports your claim? This issue is not your opinion on when a taser should be used but what the police have been trained to do.
I want to see the autopsy and whether or not his neck was broken.
If it was broken it was an accident caused by a man resisting arrest. The video makes it clear that the police did nothing more than attempt to restrain someone who did not want to be restrained. Edited by Riverwind

Sad this mentality!

You are in the 9% who agreed with the police action , feel good?

Just watched Stockwell Day say they would review taser prosedure ,,,

funny this happened oct 14th

why take till now !!! Stockwell ?????

VIDEO EVERYTHING PEOPLE!

Edited by shavluk

You are in the 9% who agreed with the police action , feel good?
It sad that so many people are unable to analyze facts and look at the situation with more objectivity.

If you look at my posts you will see that I do feel that the police need stronger guidelines about when they should use a taser - something similar to the guidelines that they must follow when using their guns. That said, I am not going to join a mindless mob calling for the heads of police officers that were just doing the job they were trained to do.

People like you are the reason lynchings occurred.

Edited by Riverwind

What part of the video shows the police not following the procedures they were trained to follow?

How about tasering in 29 seconds and at second 7 one goes YEAA HAAA CAN I TASER HIM??? !!!

How about ignoring pepper spray or remaining calm and impartial

How about determining risk ,, you know risk assessment????

How about determining risk ,, you know risk assessment????
You know nothing about what the police were told before they showed up. You know nothing about what happened before the guy started recording.

Basically you have no business drawing any conclusions about whether the officers used reasonable force until the formal inquest gathers all of the facts.

I think many are disregarding the context of this incident. This is an airport. We're not talking a street or a bar here. A high security place and this guy is being aggressive, violent and destructive of property. He needed to be subdued as quickly as possible as not to pose a threat if he was a terrorist or something along those lines. An airport!!!

The police response was appropriate IMO. I'd have done the same.

A high security place and this guy is being aggressive, violent and destructive of property. He needed to be subdued as quickly as possible as not to pose a threat if he was a terrorist or something along those lines. An airport!!!

Under those circumstances what could the police do? If not a taser then what should they have used to subdue him? Imagine if they would have ganged up and physically manhandled the man to bring him under control. They would all have been charged by somebody for physical assault or worse. Of course, they may still face charges although they followed the procedures they were trained in.

You cant argue real time video unless you don't trust your eye's?

Its the mentality of the police that I and many in my circles have seen many times for years

and this is way over DUE!

Why all the frothing at the mouth? Can't you wait until all the evidence is in and been gone over by all the different people reviewing this thing. Four agencies at last count. You are providing a perfect example of the very behavior you are attributing to the police.

Why all the frothing at the mouth? Can't you wait until all the evidence is in and been gone over by all the different people reviewing this thing. Four agencies at last count. You are providing a perfect example of the very behavior you are attributing to the police.

NO I CANT I SAW ALL I NEED TO SEE

MANSLAUGHTER CHARGES ARE IN ORDER IN MY VIEW!!

It obviously was premeditated (can I taser him???)

but I wouldn't ask for murder1 here

Hey I became an activist 16 years ago because after asking around about and if the police were killing Indians by neglect and abandonment and freezing in Saskatoon I ended up framed ,jailed and bankrupted ,,what do you think I believe?

Get over your self and realize that if this is OK to you we definitely are going to end up in a civil war because over half are like me and disturbed over our so called protectors actions with a brand new immigrant in the so called SAFEST PLACE IN EACH CITY! THE AIRPORT !

What happened to all the money they spent beefing up security if no one can walk from one room to the next and reunite mother and son?

I am embarrassed to be Canadian right now!

I think many are disregarding the context of this incident. This is an airport. We're not talking a street or a bar here. A high security place and this guy is being aggressive, violent and destructive of property. He needed to be subdued as quickly as possible as not to pose a threat if he was a terrorist or something along those lines. An airport!!!

I would agree, if we had seen a certain percentage of terrorists at our airports over the last six years of constant terror mongering. Seems to me though, that all we have seen over the last 6 years, since 9/11, is 100% percent of ordinary citizens going about their business at our airports. As was previously stated, he had no weapon or he wouldn't have been on the loose. A few questions on the scene and a proper evaluation of the situation was clearly missing.

If cops are not being trained properly to use these weapons and/or these weapons are killing people, which they obviously are, then there needs to be a moratorium placed on there use until a thorough investigation has been carried out. This was a senseless death.

If somebody does have a mental issue, does this mean that the cops have the right to rush up, man handle and kill them? Where the hell has our compassion and patience gone?