Israel attacks Syrian port

Higgly

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memory is a little foggy he says. This is precisely why Higgly has little if any credibility in my opinion. As if he is unaware that Syria has been a major supporter of terrorist activities against Israel including the arming and training of Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, and over 300 other terrorist organizations all operating out of Damascus with full state funding.

Is his memory foggy or is it selective as usual. Right.

Syria is in a state of legal war against Israel. More to the point it makes it clear daily by its decision to house, fund, feed and cloth terrorist organizations whose mandate is to destroy Israel as well as using its territory as a launching site as well as logistics support to enable terrorist attacks is precisely the reason it is a target.

But then in the foggy world of Higgly Syria is an innocent little lamb and for absolutely no reason is being attacked and picked on by those evil Zionists. Yah right. Heard it. Foggy my ass.

Now for those of us who live in the real world we would suspect the stories that have come out that Israek struck at a weapons shipment heading to Hezbollah or a nuclear facility site being built by the North Koreans might be true, or then again could be typical cover or misinformation stories.

It could be Israel was simply testing a flight path to Iran. The flight path of the Israeli aircraft followed coincidentally, the shortest and straightest line over the Mediterranean Sea to Iran.

The dropping of munitions on an empty building seems a deliberately intended move to draw attention from the obvious.

Now as Higgly frets over the attack no one was hurt and the building struck was empty. If the evil Zionists wanted to kill children or innocent civilians they sure blew their opportunity now didn't they.

Syria, an inncoent lamb? I don't think so, Rue. The Middle East is a pack of wolves, Rue. Israel included.

So they were building a nuclear reactor but the site was empty?

Rue, your opinion of my credibility is bupkis.

Here I want to help unfog some minds as to Syria's military capacity.

Oh let's start with every one's favourite; nuclear weapons;

Syria's nuclear R&D program has been actively trying to acquire dual-use technologies from China, Russia, North Korea, Brazil, France, the black-markets and even out in the open from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Technical Cooperation program.

Russia and Syria have agreed to a joint porgram on the development of civil nuclear power.

It is an open fact that the Syrians have a Chinese-supplied “miniature†research reactor under IAEA safeguards situated at Dayr Al Hajar.

Syria continues to refuse to discuss whether it will ever sign the IAEA Additional Protocol required to verify compliance with NPT safety obligations and thta would allow the IAEA the ability to act in regards to undeclared nuclear materials, facilities and activities.

Oh how about chemical toys;

SHould someone advise Higgly that for over 30 years everyone has been aware that Syria has been buusy developing a wide range of chemical weapons. Thanks to such nations as China, France, Russia, Germany, to name a few, it has been able to amass a large quantity of the nerve agent sarin which it has the capability of dispending by xonventional aircraft, ballistic missiles, and hey just for the hell of it by people sent over the border posing as innocent civilians. You could even transport it on a rat or camel. But you know why stop at sarin gas when you can use VX. Syria's continuing active chemical munitions testing, is not a secret. It deliberately let this capacity capability out presumably to frighten Israel and the US from attacking it. And just so there is no foogy recollection of the next fact; no Syria is not a party to the Chemical Weapons Convention.

Hey how about that old toy we all remember, missiles.

According to Jane's and other military journals, Syria is estimated to have over several hundred Scud and SS-21 SRBMs, with an unknown number of chemical warheads available to put on them.

Thanks to their good friends and another peace loving country, North Korea, they have developed the Scud D the latest version of its long distance missile.Now for those of us engaged in Zionist conspiracies, we tend to be aware that missiles usually rely on either some sort of liquid propellant or a solid fuel. If syria needs liquid propellant it goes to Iran. If it looks for solid fuel well it can go to Iran, China, Russia or most likely North Korea.

Vlad Putin, the man of the hour who also has a treay with Turkey and Israel in regards to certain military technology has also made it clear to Syria he would sell them SA-10 and SA-11 air defense systems, MiG-29 and Su-27 fighters, and T-80 or T-90 tanks, as well as upgrades for its existing aircraft, armored weapons, or air defense systems but it appears unlikely as Syria still owes a lot of money from the old days when it bought countless military junk from Russia.

Bottom line. Syria is an economically depressed nation, but like North Korea spends most of its money on military and no one knows for sure what its capacities are.

What most of us know is that all this talk about nuclear weapons is interesting but if someone wanted to strike terror in the heart of Israel it would be cheaper and easier and make more sense to simply use a nerve gas or biological weapon not a nuclear weapon that would have fall out that would blow back into Mr. Assad's kingdom and heaven forbid make him sterile.

Jeez. This sort of reminds me of the French/Israeli program to develop Israel's nuclear capabilties. This just has to stop! But where to stop it? Oh I know. We'll stop it when Israel has nuclear weapons. Yeah. That's the ticket. That way the entire region will feel safe.

Syria has missiles? Holy cow. They must be the only ones! This has just got to stop. What is with these guys? Do they think this is war? Good lord.

Syria won't sign? I don't blame you for being upset. I think they whould sign right next to Israel. Yeah. That's the ticket. Right next to Israel.

Sarin? Let's see some cites, Rue.

Oh but before I go can I help jog just a bit more of your foggy river banks;

If you want a list of terror groups operating in Danascus and who are funded by the Syrian government why not start with;

HAMAS

Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ)

The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine General Command (PFLP-GC)

The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP)

The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP)

Abu Musa Organization (AMO),

The Popular Struggle Front (PSF)

Hezbollah

Islamic Jihad.

Its a regular jamboree of who's who in the anti-Zionist world.

But hey, no need for any concern. Syria has stated just because all these people have offices in Damascus isn't any big deal because all these offices do are engage in press releases. No no no where would you get any idea they plan terrorist attacks.

They just sit around, shoot the shit, discuss how bad Zionists are, have a Turkish coffee, maybe smoke some hash. Nothing serious. Bah.

Let see some sites. Yah right. We know the game Higgly. They are all Zionist liars.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/003216.php

www.wisconsinproject.org/countries/syria/chem.html

www.nti.org/e_research/profiles/Syria/Chemical/3048.html

www.state.gov/t/us/rm/24135.htm

www.meforum.org/article/510

www.acpr.org.il/english-nativ/04-issue/shoham-4.htm

meria.idc.ac.il/journal/2004/issue3/jv8n3a5.html

freelebanon.org/testimonies/t75.htm

weltpolitik.net/Regionen/.../Syria and the Question of WMD.htm

bioterrorism.slu.edu/bt/official/congress/tucker110701.pdf

www.nti.org/e_research/profiles/Syria/Missile/index.html

cns.miis.edu/research/cbw/ttuck2.ht

www.thewednesdayreport.com/twr/syria/syria.htm

dtra.mil/documents/asco/publications/comparitive_strategic_cultures

www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=

www.wadinet.de/news/iraq/newsarticle.php?id=188

www2.foi.se/rapp/foir1290.pdf

www.cns.miis.edu/pubs/reports/pdfs/tuckcwc.pdf

www.tau.ac.il/jcss/sa/v1n1p2_n.html

One link would have done.....although common knowledge should have sufficed......

Syria has a mature chemical weapons program, begun in the 1970s, incorporating nerve agents, such as sarin, which have completed the weaponization cycle. Future activity will likely focus on CW infrastructure enhancements for agent production and storage, as well as possible research and development of advanced nerve agents. Munitions available for CW agent delivery likely include aerial bombs as well as SCUD missile warheads. Syria has not signed the CWC and is unlikely to do so in the near future

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/syria/index.html

Jeez. This sort of reminds me of the French/Israeli program to develop Israel's nuclear capabilties. This just has to stop! But where to stop it? Oh I know. We'll stop it when Israel has nuclear weapons. Yeah. That's the ticket. That way the entire region will feel safe.

Syria has missiles? Holy cow. They must be the only ones! This has just got to stop. What is with these guys? Do they think this is war? Good lord.

Syria won't sign? I don't blame you for being upset. I think they whould sign right next to Israel. Yeah. That's the ticket. Right next to Israel.

And just to refresh that foggy memory of yours the control switchs for Dimona came from Tracer Labs via a Beglian subsidiary and the actual military technology came from Israelis learning it at American universities and then obtaining speed switches from Nixon. What France supplied was a nuclear reactor-the actual technology to make bombs came from Israeli scientists and American technology. But then you knew that because you know just how devious those Israelis can be right?

And just to refresh that foggy memory of yours the control switchs for Dimona came from Tracer Labs via a Beglian subsidiary and the actual military technology came from Israelis learning it at American universities and then obtaining speed switches from Nixon. What France supplied was a nuclear reactor-the actual technology to make bombs came from Israeli scientists and American technology. But then you knew that because you know just how devious those Israelis can be right?

I see. So the nuclear reactor provided by France didn't matter. Thanks for your input.

Edited by Higgly

Here's a quote from the same site...

"Syria has called for an area free of all weapons of mass destruction."

It's common kowledge. ;)

A cynical statement wouldn't you agree? Especially in light of (dead) North Korean technicians and sarin stockpiles.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/10/13/afr...pons.php?page=3

The above is a link to a story now being circulated that the IDF bombed a nuclear facility Syria was building. Be my guest. Sometimes such stories are deliberately planted to mislead. Who knows. What I do know is the person who started the above story also spread a story that proved to be quite false that Israel had created a germ that would only attack and kill Arabs.

Indeed. So sinister.

I see. So the nuclear reactor provided by France didn't matter. Thanks for your input.

And your point? What that France is a whore nation and sold a nuclear reactor to Israel then in 1967 to be exact announced to the world it decided it would now support the Arab fight against Israel because its financial interests were better served siding with the Arab world? Its right there in their foreign policy doctrine. No suprises. No one ever denied France assisted Israel. The post office of Israel was created with French assistance and that is why old post offices till have French on the face of the buildings. Much of the original Israeli administrative structure of its civil service is from France. Your point?

France does what France has always done, sell to anyone and everyone if it thinks it can make money. So? All nations do this. Your point?

Anybody have an Al Jazeera link?

No, but I think it's interesting how mild Arab reaction is. If Israel had bombed a rock pile in Syria I would have expected thundering denunciations throughout the Muslim world. Instead - nadda. We get a few mild protests from Syria and North Korea - whose advisers are alleged to have been killed in the bombing. And nothing more. How odd is that? Why is there no calls for an emergency meeting of the Security Council? Why are Arab nations not meeting to discuss this outrageous violation of Syria's territorial integrity? The non-reaction to this is far more indicative than anything else.

No, but I think it's interesting how mild Arab reaction is. If Israel had bombed a rock pile in Syria I would have expected thundering denunciations throughout the Muslim world. Instead - nadda. We get a few mild protests from Syria and North Korea - whose advisers are alleged to have been killed in the bombing. And nothing more. How odd is that? Why is there no calls for an emergency meeting of the Security Council? Why are Arab nations not meeting to discuss this outrageous violation of Syria's territorial integrity? The non-reaction to this is far more indicative than anything else.

I know. And every time Syria makes a critical strategic win by sabotaging a top secret Israeli project, it is all over the front pages of the Jerusalem Post. Oh wait. The National Post. Well, you know....

What is apparent here is that to posters like Argus, Rue, M.Dancer and JBG, everything that Israel does is sanctioned by God and everything the Arabs do flies straight out of the mouth of hell. Even the US can tut-tut at Israel and still, it's all good.

As my signature says, "It's not us OR them. It's us AND them."

I know. And every time Syria makes a critical strategic win by sabotaging a top secret Israeli project, it is all over the front pages of the Jerusalem Post. Oh wait. The National Post. Well, you know....

What is apparent here is that to posters like Argus, Rue, M.Dancer and JBG, everything that Israel does is sanctioned by God and everything the Arabs do flies straight out of the mouth of hell. Even the US can tut-tut at Israel and still, it's all good.

I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest. Are you saying that Arab and Muslim nations did, in fact, scream and yell and thump tables over this - and the western media refused to cover it? Are you saying the Arabs and Muslims were too intimidated to protest?

I don't care who did it. If someone was building a nuclear reactor for Syria then yes, indeed, I will sanction bombing the crap out of it, whether the bombers are Isrealis, Americans or Tongalese.

I don't care who did it. If someone was building a nuclear reactor for Syria then yes, indeed, I will sanction bombing the crap out of it, whether the bombers are Isrealis, Americans or Tongalese.

That's fine Argus. Remember these words the next time some mullah starts howling for Israel's blood. You are no better than they are.

So who gave Israel the right to decide who does and who does not have nuclear energy? Israel pulls stunts like this and then wonders why it has so much trouble with the Arab states.
Israel had plenty of trouble with Arab states prior to the nuclear issue.

So who gave Israel the right to decide who does and who does not have nuclear energy? Israel pulls stunts like this and then wonders why it has so much trouble with the Arab states.
Why is it that Syria is in the midst of a nuclear program when its economy is at a basket case level of per capita GDP of $1464 (link), compared to Israel's of per capita GDP (2006)$26,800 (link). You'd think the people matter in there somewhere.

That is my major problem with the Arab and Muslim world. The "governments" are so busy ripping into Israel, and into other Muslim sects, and the people are subject to grinding poverty. A little less concentration on death and more on progress would help.

But ironically, "leftists" are supposed to be for "peace", while the Bushies are supposed to be for "war". And the "lefties" are supposed to be for the poor and working people. I guess that Islamic nations get a free pass, and this leftist prediliction only applies to Western governments under control of right-leaning parties.

Interesting indeed, and probably a good indicator that the reactor story is probably a bunch of hooey.