Israel attacks Syrian port

Higgly

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh-huh - and the sovereign nation of Syria is just sitting on her hands allowing a huge opportunity to condemn Israel to the world for its aggressive action float by. Considering that Syria is already awash with the Iranian National Guard your theory is more than just difficult to accept. Do you lay awake nights dreaming up this nonsense?

Well what the heck. Isn't Israel awash with the CIA :rolleyes: ?

Iran is Shia; Syria is Sunni. Iran is a cleric state, Syria is a secular state. You might want to look into that.

What unmitigated nonsense and hateful musings.

Why is this allowed here? What if someone were to write: When Jesus rose from Hell - or Yaweh rose from hell? Hmmm? Or how about Krishna? Or Buddha? Hmmmm??

Not only is this sort of tripe bigotted and offensive - but it is also factually incorrect.

You are one hateful person Scott.

Bingo.

The Arab unhappiness with the Jews started when we threw off the yoke of dhimmitude and insisted on "self-determination". Oh, that's a phrase only haters can use, I guess. Quite rich of you.

Where does this dhimmitude stuff come from? The dhimmi laws have not been enforced in Moslem countries since the early 1800s. Why do you (among others) keep bringing this up?

If you are talking about the attack on Iraq, the whole idea came first from the Israeli Likud Party . It first saw the light of day in a paper written by Wolfowitz when he and Richard Perle were working for Benjamin Netenyahu's election campaign following the assassiantion of Itzhak Rabin. You can be damned sure the Israelis approved.
They knew back in 1995 that nukes would be delivered in 2007? Fortunate, for the good of all of us, that Bibi knew so much in advance.

Well what the heck. Isn't Israel awash with the CIA :rolleyes: ?

Iran is Shia; Syria is Sunni. Iran is a cleric state, Syria is a secular state. You might want to look into that.

No, Syria's government is by the Alawite minority, which lines up with the Shi'ites. Why don't you learn a little?

I see Scott still hasn't been able to come up with a credible source (we're talking footnoted publications by credited historians here, Scott) supporting his ravings about Moslem slaughters of Jews under the Turks. How about it, Scott?
The 1920 Palestine riots, or Nebi Musa riots, were violent Arab disturbances against the Jews of Jerusalem under British rule on 4 and 7 April 1920 in and around the Old City of Jerusalem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1920_Palestine_riots

Approximately 75,000 Jews lived in Egypt in 1948, a community whose origins date back to the Babylonian captivity some 2700 years prior. In the preceding decade, Muslim elements, believing that Hitler would be successful in completing the “Final Solution” in Europe, carried out almost continuous pogroms against Jewish communities, killing and injuring thousands. The Egyptian Company Law of July 1947 introduced prohibitive quotas against employing Jews, precluded them from most areas of employment, and confiscated many Jewish-owned businesses, properties and other assets. Then, in the days after the passage of the Partition Plan, Muslims in Cairo and Alexandria went on a rampage, murdering, looting houses and burning synagogues. In one seven-day period in 1948, an eyewitness counted 150 Jewish bodies littering the streets.

http://www.cdn-friends-icej.ca/medigest/nov99/backgrnd.html

They were nevertheless subject to violence, persecutions and discrimination; in 1805, 48 Jews were murdered in Algeria in a pogrom, and in the following year 300. European and American travellers of the first third of the nineteenth century remarked on the wretchedness the Jewish populations of the Maghreb, and the exactions to which they were constantly subject.

http://www.newenglishreview.org/custpage.c...577/sec_id/9577

I can't imagine why you bother educating him. All he'll come back with is the fact that only the 12th and 20th centuries have been spoon fed to him, so the rest must have been all sweetness and light.

I'd really like to his explanation for why the middle east is now Islamic when it used to be Judeo-Christian.

I'd really like to his explanation for why the middle east is now Islamic when it used to be Judeo-Christian.

Well, to be historically accurate, before islam it was a lot more christian that jewish....for that I blame the romans......

• 3 weeks later...

As some suspected, especially given the lack of publicity and protest on this raid, it now appears as if nuclear material was involved.

Israeli Air Strike Targeted Syrian Reactor

Only Syria and North Korea have objected to the attack, and even then in limited terms. And the lack of negative comment from any Arab government, including Iran, points to a regional anxiety about a nuclear Syria.

I think the lack of protest from Muslim and Arab governments is telling - as they are never reluctant to criticize an Israeli attack on a Muslim or Arab group or nation.

As some suspected, especially given the lack of publicity and protest on this raid, it now appears as if nuclear material was involved.

Israeli Air Strike Targeted Syrian Reactor

Only Syria and North Korea have objected to the attack, and even then in limited terms. And the lack of negative comment from any Arab government, including Iran, points to a regional anxiety about a nuclear Syria.

I think the lack of protest from Muslim and Arab governments is telling - as they are never reluctant to criticize an Israeli attack on a Muslim or Arab group or nation.

the link is fuskered.......

So who gave Israel the right to decide who does and who does not have nuclear energy? Israel pulls stunts like this and then wonders why it has so much trouble with the Arab states.

Who is claiming Israel needs the right to decide? That right is only needed if you are not at war with the other side.

Who is claiming Israel needs the right to decide? That right is only needed if you are not at war with the other side.

So it's OK to fund terrorist groups that attack your enemy in a time of war? Say like the French resistance. The Irgun... Just trying to get the rules straight here...

So it's OK to fund terrorist groups that attack your enemy in a time of war? Say like the French resistance. The Irgun... Just trying to get the rules straight here...

Remind me, when did the Maquis bomb a school bus? What does an attack by a airforce against a state owned strategic target in a nation your are at war with, have to do with terrorism?

Before you try to get the rules straight, work on understanding what is and isn't terrorism.

Remind me, when did the Maquis bomb a school bus? What does an attack by a airforce against a state owned strategic target in a nation your are at war with, have to do with terrorism?

Before you try to get the rules straight, work on understanding what is and isn't terrorism.

When was the last time Syria actually attacked Israel? My memory is a little foggy on this? Who is perpeatuating a state of war here?

Interesting that even the US is not backing Israel on this latest adventure.

When was the last time Syria actually attacked Israel? My memory is a little foggy on this? Who is perpeatuating a state of war here?

What does the last time have to do with it? The fact is they are still in a state of war. If they want peace then they should comply with UNSC res 242

(ii)Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgement of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force;

They simply have to recognize the State of Israel. When was the last time Israel attacked Egypt or Jordan?

What does the last time have to do with it? The fact is they are still in a state of war. If they want peace then they should comply with UNSC res 242

The pot calling the kettle black or what? Give me a break.

They simply have to recognize the State of Israel. When was the last time Israel attacked Egypt or Jordan?

Does the Sinai ring a bell? :lol:

Edited by Higgly

Memory is a little foggy he says. This is precisely why Higgly has little if any credibility in my opinion. As if he is unaware that Syria has been a major supporter of terrorist activities against Israel including the arming and training of Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, and over 300 other terrorist organizations all operating out of Damascus with full state funding.

Is his memory foggy or is it selective as usual. Right.

Syria is in a state of legal war against Israel. More to the point it makes it clear daily by its decision to house, fund, feed and cloth terrorist organizations whose mandate is to destroy Israel as well as using its territory as a launching site as well as logistics support to enable terrorist attacks is precisely the reason it is a target.

But then in the foggy world of Higgly Syria is an innocent little lamb and for absolutely no reason is being attacked and picked on by those evil Zionists. Yah right. Heard it. Foggy my ass.

Now for those of us who live in the real world we would suspect the stories that have come out that Israek struck at a weapons shipment heading to Hezbollah or a nuclear facility site being built by the North Koreans might be true, or then again could be typical cover or misinformation stories.

It could be Israel was simply testing a flight path to Iran. The flight path of the Israeli aircraft followed coincidentally, the shortest and straightest line over the Mediterranean Sea to Iran.

The dropping of munitions on an empty building seems a deliberately intended move to draw attention from the obvious.

Now as Higgly frets over the attack no one was hurt and the building struck was empty. If the evil Zionists wanted to kill children or innocent civilians they sure blew their opportunity now didn't they.