Gay Activists Assault Ex-Gay, Trash Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays Boo

fcgv

And the PC homosexual supporters desire normal people to be tolerant? Somehow this does not seem to be a two-way point of view!

-----------------------------

Gay Activists Assault Ex-Gay, Trash Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays Booth at Fair

Activist struck PFOX ex-gay over testimony about leaving homosexual lifestyle

By Peter J. Smith

ARLINGTON, Virginia, August 28, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Angry homosexual activists harassed and assaulted ex-homosexuals at the Arlington County Fair last week, according to an ex-gay educational and support group.

Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays (PFOX) reports its volunteers were distributing education materials on same-sex attraction and awareness of ex-homosexuals at their fair booth. Homosexual activists approached them and created a disturbance, spewing obscenities and dashing materials from the exhibit table.

The group demanded that PFOX leave the fairgrounds, recognize "same-sex spouses" and rejected arguments that homosexuals could change their sexual orientation, although they admitted they knew heterosexuals who had done the same.

The confrontation escalated after one activist struck a PFOX ex-gay volunteer after becoming infuriated over the man's testimony about leaving the homosexual lifestyle. A police officer then ejected the activist from the fairgrounds, although the ex-homosexual volunteer declined to press charges citing the example of Jesus Christ.

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/aug/07082808.html

Edited by fcgv

And the PC homosexual supporters desire normal people to be tolerant? Somehow this does not seem to be a two-way point of view!

Who are you referring to as "normal"? People who don't support gay rights? Obviously your own view is less than "two way" or tolerant.

EDIT

I did some looking around on the net, including the Arlington County newspaper, and this is the only mention I could find of this incident.

Box Turtle I have no previous experience with this site, so it could be just as disreputable as LifeSiteNews, but here's what they had to say.

LifeSite.net has a shortened account but as of this blogging no reputable news sources have reported on the incident.

One of the links you can follow from the site, though, has this to say

Next we checked with Denise Marshall Roller, Event Manager for the fair. She told us that our call was the first she had heard of any problems of this kind associated with the fair barely two weeks prior, and she was there for much of it herself, most of the time near the officer in charge. We are waiting for her to reply with any additional information she can find.

Since PFOX stated that the police were “summoned” and that they “ejected the gay man off the fairgrounds” we decided to check with the Arlington County Police Department. Focus on the Family reports through CitizenLink that “Officers kicked the gay activists out of the fair and encouraged the PFOX volunteer to press charges, but he chose not to.” So depending on the account, we have one or more officers responding to a complaint of assault, recommending that the victim file charges, and then ejecting one or more “gay activists” from the fairgrounds. Surely the Arlington PD would know if one or more of their officers participated in such an action. What good would it do to eject them if others in charge were not also made aware so they could make sure they didn’t come back?

We contacted the Arlington PD and ended up speaking with John Lisle of the Media Relations/Legislative Affairs Office. He had no initial knowledge of such an incident. After checking briefly, he again said that no one was aware of such an incident. So we sent a copy of the PFOX statement to him at which time he agreed to check more thoroughly. After over two days of research, there was nothing he could add to his statement; no report exists and no one recalls such an incident.

Ex Gay Watch

Can you verify with an independent source that this even happened , fcgv?

Edited by Melanie_

There was nothing abstract about your opening post. It recounted events as fact, and I looked, unsuccessfully, for another perspective on this story. Was your opening post meant to be fiction, simply to provoke discussion? If so, then I am quite happy to discuss, in theory, the potential for conflict between gays and non gays, and the varying levels of tolerance that can be expected from "normal" people.

Why would we expect this incident to be plastered on other newspapers? Especially when there were no charges filed. And even if there was, so? In everyday reality, this is just a minor incident. Why should and why would a minor altercation be having a lot of news coverage?

Drunk revellers celebrating the county's special day had a fist-fight altercation - it wasn't on any major newspapers that I know of, other than our local county paper. I didn't see it in any web news site either! That didn't mean it didn't happen....and that we should suspect our local county paper of just imagining it all and making it up.

So why should this incident be any different? Just because they're gays and ex-gays? Whooopee!

But even though it is a minor incident, the original poster of this topic is asking a question about tolerance.

Trying to bury the question posted through skepticism by questioning the lack of news coverage is only a ploy to distract from the issue.

If this incident was all made up, like it seems to be implied, then why isn't it being challenged?

Why doesn't anyone from the gay activists members who were present in the fairground deny this? Or at least, give their own version of the incident?

Edited by betsy

The police and the Event Manager of the fair both have said they are unaware of any incident taking place. The gay group that was there has said they weren't involved (not quoted in my post, but if you follow the link you will see that they have denied any interaction with the other group).

We have had many discussions about gay rights and tolerance on this board, and will likely have many more. I have no issue with beginning another discussion, and I would certainly not condone the actions being alleged, if they can be substantiated. But if this is just a case of making up a story to stir anger on a Christian website, with no factual basis, then there is a bigger issue about tolerance to discuss.

The police and the Event Manager of the fair both have said they are unaware of any incident taking place. The gay group that was there has said they weren't involved (not quoted in my post, but if you follow the link you will see that they have denied any interaction with the other group).

We have had many discussions about gay rights and tolerance on this board, and will likely have many more. I have no issue with beginning another discussion, and I would certainly not condone the actions being alleged, if they can be substantiated. But if this is just a case of making up a story to stir anger on a Christian website, with no factual basis, then there is a bigger issue about tolerance to discuss.

Thank you for pointing that out. I missed that. I stand corrected.

ex gays????? really....

It's the first time for me too to hear about ex-gays. And from reading this topic, there is a group with their own supporters.

Mind you, if you'd recall the Republican guy who was in the news sometime last year about soliciting a page working at the White House, there was something mentioned about the hostility of gays towards him, I can't recall what it was exactly. Was he "outed" or reported by gays? If I'm not mistaken the gays were angry because of this Republican guy's hypocrisy. And if I'm not mistaken, actor Tom Cruise had at one time faced the same ire by some gays.

One thing strikingly curious is the seemingly adamant desire or tenacious determination by some gay activists to "out" somebody....especially if he's a prominent figure or celebrity.

In my opinion, the individual should have the sole decision whether he wants to publicly come out or stay in his closet. He has that right.

His sex life is his own business....provided he is not breaking any laws nor is it interfering with his job or responsibility, and clouding his good judgement.

Edited by betsy

ex gays????? really....

Indeed. I suspect that the entire notion of these "reorientation camps" is to give gays a way to get back into the closet if their "coming out" goes poorly.

"Marjorie, how is your gay son doing?"

"Oh, he's no longer gay, Martha. He attended a reorientation camp and is now heterosexual again."

-k